Ask a quick question, get a quick answer

12 hours ago, Noob Saibot said:

I believe this spreadsheet can be useful for anyone looking out for info about set damage attacks: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bde7ILjY2jtb3jMWAfUpXpFYFK6doxPMhH9SJSnx0nc/pubhtml

That's a cool page but I sometimes have different numbers, for example

• Hildelt drop 5 15
  • Pan Arms Laser (Red) 420 438
  • Pan Arms Laser (Blue) 400 398
  • Bringer rush 700 680 (560 on one person)
  • Vol opt crusher 700 760
  • many others

Not sure if it is because Ultima altered stats though

Also it was pointless to include magic attacks as they didn't specify their resistances for the tests

• Like 1

Wishing for vanilla enemy stats for Christmas. 

37 minutes ago, Noob Saibot said:

Yeah, later I started to think it could be totally different on Ultima since this was released considering a vanilla server.

This spreadsheet could be used as a base for Ultima though. We only need someone willing to get all of those numbers :P

3 hours ago, R-78 said:

That's a cool page but I sometimes have different numbers, for example

• Hildelt drop 5 15
  • Pan Arms Laser (Red) 420 438
  • Pan Arms Laser (Blue) 400 398
  • Bringer rush 700 680 (560 on one person)
  • Vol opt crusher 700 760
  • many others

Not sure if it is because Ultima altered stats though

Also it was pointless to include magic attacks as they didn't specify their resistances for the tests

• 2 weeks later...

Best HELL ranged weapon? (in your humble opinions ;), I tend to see these being used the most )

TypeSH/Shot + special (lower chance to hit, but more targets?)
Yasminkov 7000V + special (wider cone to auto-aim, highest ATA, short distance)
Asteron Striker (narrow cone, still good ATA, long distance, auto-lock??, Divine Punishment??)

Something else? :)

Does hit% matter? I think I remember someone explaining that the game first calculates if the attack hits, and after that calculates if it will insta-kill

Do % other than hit effect the damage output from Charge attacks? (Baranz/Charge Vulcans/etc)

1 hour ago, CGault11 said:

Best HELL ranged weapon? (in your humble opinions ;), I tend to see these being used the most )

Asteron Striker (narrow cone, still good ATA, long distance, auto-lock??, Divine Punishment??)

Does hit% matter? I think I remember someone explaining that the game first calculates if the attack hits, and after that calculates if it will insta-kill

Do % other than hit effect the damage output from Charge attacks? (Baranz/Charge Vulcans/etc)

You’ve got the hell weapons down pretty well. Hit is the most important stat on a hell weapon because well it does impact your chance of activating the hell special. Elemental attributes do increase the damage output of charge weapons but only slightly cause they’re typically low ATP weapons. 

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, CGault11 said:

The cone of all of those weapons is identical. They all use Shot targeting cone for their range (though asteron striker normal and hard use rifle range, the special is shot range and targeting). A good Hell Laser or Raygun is useful to have too, as you don't always want autotargeting. Then there are other things like Kiss of Death (slicer, same stats as s-rank j-cutter hell), Ultima Reaper (partisan extended range and 15 target), and Outlaw Star (launcher, can spawnkill). They all have their uses depending on the situation. For example, in seabed you don't really want autotarget so much, so a hell laser is useful, and many spawns there are quite good to use Outlaw Star launcher type on. Ep 4 you have lizards which can't be hit by ranged attacks from the front, so Ultima Reaper is extremely useful, and for eclairs you generally want to target them with a quick pinpoint weapon like a laser, or potentially a yas7k depending on positioning but it can be more difficult. Seaside will be where autotarget is great and asteron striker / yas7k will shine a lot, with many gee popping down in spread out locations. Against something like monests and mothmants, a shot or slicer will work good especially when there is more than one, but a regular laser to snipe down the nest itself quickly is great too. It depends a lot on the situation.
Baranz launcher actually has some atp for %s to work on, but vulcans have almost none. % other than hit will do basically nothing for vulcans, as it will only add on that % of the WeaponATP extra. High atp weapons will scale much more with %, and even then charge weapons are usually going to shine when you have high shifta to give yourself enough atp anyway, so for the most part it's better to use on other things that give you a bit of a boost when you don't have shifta (e.g. high atp mechs like psycho raven, dual birds, mille faucille, rage de glace, etc.).

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Fyrewolf5 said:

The cone of all of those weapons is identical. They all use Shot targeting cone for their range (though asteron striker normal and hard use rifle range, the special is shot range and targeting). A good Hell Laser or Raygun is useful to have too, as you don't always want autotargeting. Then there are other things like Kiss of Death (slicer, same stats as s-rank j-cutter hell), Ultima Reaper (partisan extended range and 15 target), and Outlaw Star (launcher, can spawnkill). They all have their uses depending on the situation. For example, in seabed you don't really want autotarget so much, so a hell laser is useful, and many spawns there are quite good to use Outlaw Star launcher type on. Ep 4 you have lizards which can't be hit by ranged attacks from the front, so Ultima Reaper is extremely useful, and for eclairs you generally want to target them with a quick pinpoint weapon like a laser, or potentially a yas7k depending on positioning but it can be more difficult. Seaside will be where autotarget is great and asteron striker / yas7k will shine a lot, with many gee popping down in spread out locations. Against something like monests and mothmants, a shot or slicer will work good especially when there is more than one, but a regular laser to snipe down the nest itself quickly is great too. It depends a lot on the situation.
Baranz launcher actually has some atp for %s to work on, but vulcans have almost none. % other than hit will do basically nothing for vulcans, as it will only add on that % of the WeaponATP extra. High atp weapons will scale much more with %, and even then charge weapons are usually going to shine when you have high shifta to give yourself enough atp anyway, so for the most part it's better to use on other things that give you a bit of a boost when you don't have shifta (e.g. high atp mechs like psycho raven, dual birds, mille faucille, rage de glace, etc.).

🐐^

I do have a 50 hit Hell Raygun from the episode 4 quest which is working well. Just trying to plan out what is next as I get closer to 200. It is just that sometimes It can take 5 or 6 special attacks to kill a gee despite being near maxed on ATA (RAmar)

44 minutes ago, CGault11 said:

🐐^

I do have a 50 hit Hell Raygun from the episode 4 quest which is working well. Just trying to plan out what is next as I get closer to 200. It is just that sometimes It can take 5 or 6 special attacks to kill a gee despite being near maxed on ATA (RAmar)

When using hell, you'll want to wear a v502 unit. v502 will give 2x chance of hell activating on an attack(and increase paralysis/confuse/freeze specials by 1.5x), so it's quite potent. That will take the activation chance against Gee from 43% on hit to 86% on hit  [ ((baseActivation - edk) x v502), or (93-50) x2  ]. That should make things far more consistent for you.

1 hour ago, CGault11 said:

🐐^

As fyrewolf said, a v502 is the most important to have when using hell. Also, a RR will raise your ata 20 over the cap and help with hitting more often.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, EDEN said:

As fyrewolf said, a v502 is the most important to have when using hell. Also, a RR will raise your ata 20 over the cap and help with hitting more often.

Well I have been using a v502 and picked up a RR today. Good times. Thanks guys! 

• Like 1