Ask a quick question, get a quick answer

18 minutes ago, KarmaTheFoney said:

FOmarl and FOnewm cast fastest barehanded or with a fist weapon I believe

I thought it was just FOnewm. I thought both female forces casted faster with wand. 

I've heard somewhere that upon unsealing Lame, the hit will be reset when you turn it into Excal. I haven't hunted any hit ones myself so I have no idea if that's true.

This brings me to 100 Souls, does it retain the unseal counter or is it a completely separate weapon? What I'm asking is, can it have 3 stats (2 attributes plus hit)?

For what i know every weapon that can be unsealed can have only 2 different % cause for some reason the unsealing count uses a % slot. When you unlock the weapon, there is no slot used anymore for unsealing and you can add the third % without problems. So on 100 Souls that is already unlocked you should be able to have 3 %s with no problems, same for excalibur or tjs. The problems there are if you want to add hit to a lame and then unseal it.

On 10/09/2016 at 6:41 AM, Fyrewolf5 said:

The Tsumikiri J-Sword/Master Sword special always hits, completely bypasses any ata vs evp check, while doing hard attack damage and can critical hit. This means you will only ever need enough ata to land hard attacks, which is significantly less than the ata needed for other kinds of special attacks. I use 0hit master sword on fomarl with kroes sweater (190max ata + 20RR + 55MS) and I hit almost everything just fine.

I personally have hit on my Iron Faust and I do really like it with hit, but some people may choose not to have hit on it. Even though cast has confuse traps, those only work close at range, whereas iron faust can confuse a large group of enemies from far away. Sometimes having that range to get a far away group of baranz / belras / ill gills / whatever can be quite nice; additionally it leaves you safer after confusing since confused enemies will still target you if you are the closest thing to them, as is often the case with a trap. The confusion special may not be something you use everywhere all the time, but it does give extra versatility to your arsenal. A bit of hit may help with starting hard attack first on iron faust, which is very possible on almost everything with 50hit, or with hitting some of the higher evp mobs like illGills/Delbiters/Sinows/GalGryphon/etc., and can be quite useful on those enemies (ill gill cannot charge through iron faust projectile, same with bringer charge / delsaber jump or shield / etc.), but I do not have 0hit iron fausts with which to test things out.

Yes, baranz launcher is stronger than DM. I've made detailed comparison pictures of baranz launcher vs dark meteor vs iron faust before, which I'm going to repost into this response (original). While I was testing DM 50 0 0 50 50, IF 100 0 0 100 50, and Baranz Launcher 0 0 0 0 75, the 0dark Baranz Launcher was coming out on top over the 50dark DM in almost every situation other than with no buffs or debuffs. If they were both sphered to 100dark, then the gap between Baranz over DM would be even larger than shown in these pictures.

Reveal hidden contents

the gear

Reveal hidden contents

DM 50 0 0 50 50

http://i67.tinypic.com/21e3i1u.jpg

Baranz Launcher 0 0 0 0 75

http://i65.tinypic.com/29by0co.jpg

Iron Faust 100 0 0 100 50

http://i65.tinypic.com/24fi6fm.jpg

Zalure J-Cutter is visible in last one

no buffs/debuffs

Reveal hidden contents

DM

15nosc2.jpg

Baranz Launcher

30de2jq.jpg

Iron Faust

k9aqz4.jpg

21 zalure

Reveal hidden contents

DM

2e0pdgy.jpg

Baranz Launcher

2me50ue.jpg

Iron Faust

118oqqx.jpg

30 zalure

30 shifta

Reveal hidden contents

DM

35907th.jpg

Baranz Launcher

mkhohf.jpg

Iron Faust

6nxdnr.jpg

30 shifta + 21 zalure

Reveal hidden contents

DM

n69kdw.jpg

Baranz Launcher

2nc44n8.jpg

Iron Faust

346kz1z.jpg

30 shifta + 30 zalure

Reveal hidden contents

DM

2mn15cl.jpg

Baranz Launcher

2nukp3a.jpg

Iron Faust

2nalkar.jpg

Could you make a comparison between Zanba FLowen Sword 3084 and TJS ? please =)

Zanba : 386 - 514 ATP and 38 ATA, special is berzerk => cannot be equipped by female (so only Humar, Hucast)

Flowen Sword 3084 : 470-490 ATP and 34 ATA, special is spirit => not interesting for cast (so only Humar and Hunewearl)

TJS : 1050 ATP (I don't know what is the damage range for this weapon since the damage have been raised up on Ultima) and 40 ATA, special is energy wave => every hunter can equip it

• Best for global accuracy : TJS
  • Best for special damage : Zanba  (assuming you have enough hit or ATA)
  • Best for average damage : TJS
  • Best for boss : Vjaya... woups sorry I mean, depend on the boss but between those three TJS will be better if you have a 100 PB waiting before the boss. Otherwise better to go with Zanba, assuming you know how to manage your health (HP).

But still, Vjaya outclass TJS and Zanba for certain boss like Dal Ra Lie and crowd control. Do not underestimate Vjaya, this weapon kiss asses for real (and mesetas as well, but who cares).

Edited by Misombre
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Depassage said:

Hello could someone tell me with which weapon type the cast animation for techniques is the fastest on FOmarl?

Thanks

Females (fomarl, fonewearl, ramarl, hunewearl) cast fastest with a wand weapon equipped. Males (fonewm, fomar, humar, ramar) cast fastest barehanded. Fomarl also casts pretty fast when using doublesabers, barehand, cards, rifles, and handguns.

@misnombre I've been planing to do a comparison of flowens vs zanba for my own purposes for a while, but its low on the priority list of things I need to do. Zanba should scale harder off of %s than Flowen's will, since flowen's has more of its atp in grind. Zanba also has a higher atp variable, which while making the damage vary more, also is boosted by shifta on top of the variable (i.e. minimum remains the same, maximum = maxATP + (variableATP x ShiftaPower). Also Tjs is 900-950atp, 50grind, so it's 1050 and not 1150, that would make it more than dark flow lol.
Another often overlooked weapon is Yunchang, which is a berserk partisan with higher ata at 49 and usuable by all hunters. Also it looks pretty sweet. Partisan animation is faster than swords (especially in recovery), and has more forward reach (30units vs 25units) but slightly less horizontal reach (40 vs 45). Shame that it only drops in ep4 hard, making it difficult to get hit on.

Zanba 0% : 375-514atp (avg 445)
Flowens 0%: 470-490atp (avg 480)
Yunchang 0% : 350-400 (avg 375)
TJSword 0% : 1000-1050atp (avg 1025)
DarkFlow 0% : 1000-1100atp (avg 1050)

Zanba 100%    :  696 - 952 (avg 824)
Flowens 100% :  770 - 810 (avg 790)
Yunchang 100% : 650-750 (avg 700)
TJSword 100% : 1900-2000 (avg 1950)
DarkFlow 100% : 2000-2200 (avg 2100)

Zanba 0% average atp should outscale flowens 0% with at least 19shifta.

While all these numbers may look pretty, for practical purposes it's all moot. Any of these weapons will deal tons of damage and kill enemies just as well as any other (excluding dark flow special close range of course), and if all you want is the biggest possible numbers, then vjaya will always be unmatched in that regard.

25zjeo0.jpg

• Like 1

Indeed Yunchang is also a very good weapon, often forgotten by hunters. Issue with both Zanba and Yunchang is that your HP drops very fast. Which is not really a problem if you're mostly playing in team.

Sorry for the mistake, I used to have a TJS, but not anymore so I couldn't check the ATP value. Actually I thought that DF was 1200 ATP (but again, never had one so I cannot check on it either), and I kinda remembered that there was a 50 ATP difference between the two, so began my mistake =)

Then, like you say, they all kinda deal a lot of damage, so it's a matter of taste more than anything. I mean, between dealing 2000 or 2500, if the monster die anyway, the extra 500 is just extra pride for the fighter.

What stats do people generally prefer on their Cannon Rouge between X/X/X/0 and X/X/0/0/X? Can't think of any reason I'd want dark? I was surprised at how often I was missing with hard attack vs DRL with max ata+RR RAmarl so it sort of feels like some hit is needed, plus you can Gizonde to ruin Vol Opt instead anyway.