Ideas to improve the server - feel free to post!

Its prob been said before, but I think drops for each player should be a thing. Look at all the locked rooms with one player in it. It doesnt help the players interact at all.

Even if it meant decreasing odds of getting rares, I think it should be implemented.

The drop rates on Ultima are already through the roof. People expect to get their drop within a week or two of hunting. I think the everyone gets the drop thing is a really good idea. I don't even think it'd be too hard to implement (just drop 4 of each item and have them each only be able to be picked up by their corresponding slot. I say this (and not to be a put-down on our great dev's) because I know schahack had half of that already. (they had items only grabable by the killer of the enemy.)

• Like 1

The drop rates on Ultima are already through the roof. People expect to get their drop within a week or two of hunting. I think the everyone gets the drop thing is a really good idea. I don't even think it'd be too hard to implement (just drop 4 of each item and have them each only be able to be picked up by their corresponding slot. I say this (and not to be a put-down on our great dev's) because I know schahack had half of that already. (they had items only grabable by the killer of the enemy.)

If everyone on the team got the drop to where their would be 4 of the drops between a 4 player teams that would be very bad. I dual log all the time. I would just log in 4 accounts for every hunt and find stuff like 4 PGFs and sell the other 3 of them or whatever. That would be insane.

• Like 1

If everyone on the team got the drop to where their would be 4 of the drops between a 4 player teams that would be very bad. I dual log all the time. I would just log in 4 accounts for every hunt and find stuff like 4 PGFs and sell the other 3 of them or whatever. That would be insane.

Not everybody would get the same.

schahack dropped items for everybody, If I remember correctly.

Like tru said, one drop per people would be insane.

Now what if (I don't think that's doable but) the drop rate was tested for each person alive in the monster room ?

Example :

Imosgid, Shoutgu, tru1 and Lemon are playing together (Yeah ! Never happened but yeah !).

Shoutgu kill his first booma of the day.

tru1 was back to pionner because he needed trimate

Lemon took another path and he's fighting a barbarous wolf.

Imosgid was breaking some boxes in the same room than Shoutgu.

That booma as like 1/140 to let a Dragon Slayer.
The game will roll the RNG for each player alive and in the room.

So Shoutgu and Imosgid will have a "try" of the booma's rare drop.

In that situation, Shoutgu could get a Dragon Slayer and not Imosgid, or only Imosgid will get it, or both can get it, or none.

Now say that Lemon comes in the room, get struck by a random rappy and die. No drop for him.

Hem, all of this is theory. Am not sure there is a way this could be implemented...

An even better "theory" would be drop rate in function of your contribution.

This Imosgid who was breaking boxes would have, say, 1/280 to get the dragon slayer.

Shoutgu would have the full 1/140.

Now if we strike the booma together, if we do 50/50, we both get 1/140 drop rate, and then it's proportional (but never going lower than 1/140)

Shifta/deband/jellen/zalure and even resta/reverser and why not traps could also be include in the calculation (so that it's not only damage contribution)

But this is, of course, even harder to implement ^_^

Would it be possible to have the game check the IP addresses of the players, so if one player was running 4 clients to get 4 copies of the same rare item, it would see that all 4 players are using the same IP address, so it would only drop one copy of the rare item?

Couldn't we just get drops similar to what they are doing over on the Ephinea Server?

It would be nice to just play the game without fear of ninjas.

As it stands I solo all the time.

If we have to get some funds together to make it happen I would support the cause.

All the locked/private rooms at present are rather disheartening :(

• Like 1

Couldn't we just get drops similar to what they are doing over on the Ephinea Server?

It would be nice to just play the game without fear of ninjas.

As it stands I solo all the time.

If we have to get some funds together to make it happen I would support the cause.

All the locked/private rooms at present are rather disheartening :(

I assure the funds are not the issue, but yes all these other people are thinking in the right direction just not all the way right. Ephinea drop system which is the PSO2 system is the one they want.

Do we really have to have such a paralyzying irrational fear of ninjas? Can't we all get along and help each other out? Even if there is the occaisional ninja it never lasts, drops can get called and word gets around fast if someone is a poor sport. On the other hand if you help people out, others are willing to help you back.

Even if we had such a drop system i would not trade 1 easier drop for a 4 chances at a smaller drop because it doesn't really add up the same.

• Like 3

Do we really have to have such a paralyzying irrational fear of ninjas? Can't we all get along and help each other out? Even if there is the occaisional ninja it never lasts, drops can get called and word gets around fast if someone is a poor sport. On the other hand if you help people out, others are willing to help you back.

Even if we had such a drop system i would not trade 1 easier drop for a 4 chances at a smaller drop because it doesn't really add up the same.

You hunt alone so you don't really have to worry about it lol but some people do. There is a rule in place for it so I don't know why everyone fears it the way they do, all they have to get the party to do is agree that you get the drop and if they ninja then you can report and you'll get your item back.

Like tru said, one drop per people would be insane.

Now what if (I don't think that's doable but) the drop rate was tested for each person alive in the monster room ?

Example :

Imosgid, Shoutgu, tru1 and Lemon are playing together (Yeah ! Never happened but yeah !).

Shoutgu kill his first booma of the day.

tru1 was back to pionner because he needed trimate

Lemon took another path and he's fighting a barbarous wolf.

Imosgid was breaking some boxes in the same room than Shoutgu.

That booma as like 1/140 to let a Dragon Slayer.

The game will roll the RNG for each player alive and in the room.

So Shoutgu and Imosgid will have a "try" of the booma's rare drop.

In that situation, Shoutgu could get a Dragon Slayer and not Imosgid, or only Imosgid will get it, or both can get it, or none.

Now say that Lemon comes in the room, get struck by a random rappy and die. No drop for him.

Hem, all of this is theory. Am not sure there is a way this could be implemented...

An even better "theory" would be drop rate in function of your contribution.

This Imosgid who was breaking boxes would have, say, 1/280 to get the dragon slayer.

Shoutgu would have the full 1/140.

Now if we strike the booma together, if we do 50/50, we both get 1/140 drop rate, and then it's proportional (but never going lower than 1/140)

Shifta/deband/jellen/zalure and even resta/reverser and why not traps could also be include in the calculation (so that it's not only damage contribution)

But this is, of course, even harder to implement ^_^

If I understand correctly you're saying that those who participate in the fight with enemy would have a chance of getting the drop and the other players (who are breaking boxes and buying items) would not have as good of a chance. Again, people (including myself) would just dual log. I could control 4 characters at once (with practice) to make sure they all participated in the battle so that would still be an issue. Making it to where it would only be beneficial if everyone had a different IP address like Midori suggested sounds good, but what would happen is I would call a few of my friends on skype and they would log in and join my game, then they'd dual log to play their own game and I'd dual log to join their game.

I know the issue about dual logging. If you're playing with four characters it will be a hell hard to to make them participate evenly. Not even to mention that this is a real bummer... I don't think everyone's able to do the same than you, tru, and for the one who can do it, well all good for them I'd say (after all it's quite the hard work to get such a result, we're only human after all).

Ip address checking is not an option unfortunately. Talking about mac address : one can use several laptops (even if it's not handy) or even better, using virtual machines on the same computer. Talking about ip address : what if some people share the same address than you ? Family, classmate, etc. They would not be able to play as well.

Of course, checking mac address would be a good start and limit a lot players abuses on the rare drops.

Anyway, I was wrong with my ideas (contribution, RNG for all, etc.). I just posted a lot of bullshit in the end and I am sorry for that.

People should just use either :

1) Janken (Midori) : People get along and play rock/paper/scissor to know who get the drop, japanese style

2) Rules of ultima (Colorado) : call your hunt, make people agree on it and if someone ninja report...

3) Wild play and Respect : First to pick up get it, or can decide to give it. The second time this drop appear, it goes to someone else.

4) Helping each other (Fyrewolf) : once someone get something they return the favor (might works very well especially between friends/team mate, otherwise it's pretty utopiste)

Or a combinaison of some of the above. Why not...

Don't be afraid to play with others and to share ! Be a little bold !

There's no danger. Try it.

Edited by Misombre

I know the issue about dual logging. If you're playing with four characters it will be a hell hard to to make them participate evenly. Not even to mention that this is a real bummer... I don't think everyone's able to do the same than you, tru, and for the one who can do it, well all good for them I'd say (after all it's quite the hard work to get such a result, we're only human after all).

1) Janken (Midori) : People get along and play rock/paper/scissor to know who get the drop, japanese style

2) Rules of ultima (Colorado) : call your hunt, make people agree on it and if someone ninja report...

3) Wild play and Respect : First to pick up get it, or can decide to give it. The second time this drop appear, it goes to someone else.

4) Helping each other (Fyrewolf) : once someone get something they return the favor

I used to always hit all enemies with 2 chars when I had low gear (JZ) and I'm pretty sure most of people who dual log do it for bosses, and bosses have the best drops so.

I think Schthack had a mode where the game selects either randomly or in a defined order a player who is allowed to pick a rare, I'm not sure about it ?

Rule 2 is cool when there are different interesting drops. like Oran Ma4dmd (before I start, I ask my friends who wants what between v101 v502 c/ability lame ...)

Rule 3 favors hunters because they are close to enemies while Force are behind ... And most of the time, when a good item drops, it doesn't drop a second time in the same run.

Rule 4 doesn't work for big items, if you find a PGF with 3 players, you can't help all 3 of them getting one, it would take ages.

Ip address checking is not an option unfortunately. Talking about mac address : one can use several laptops (even if it's not handy) or even better, using virtual machines on the same computer. Talking about ip address : what if some people share the same address than you ? Family, classmate, etc. They would not be able to play as well.

Of course, checking mac address would be a good start and limit a lot players abuses on the rare drops.

Anyway, I was wrong with my ideas (contribution, RNG for all, etc.). I just posted a lot of bullshit in the end and I am sorry for that.

4) Helping each other (Fyrewolf) : once someone get something they return the favor (might works very well especially between friends/team mate, otherwise it's pretty utopiste)

Or a combinaison of some of the above. Why not...

Don't be afraid to play with others and to share ! Be a little bold !

There's no danger. Try it.

I know it sounds hard as hell to control 4 characters at once, but I know there are people on this server who can do it. I could with more practice. Taking advantage of the auto walk feature and using the keyboard as well as a controller makes it possible imo, and people will do anything to get even a slighter better chance of getting a drop. And of course that would just divide the community between the rich people who can play 4 characters at once and the other people who just casually play the game and get 1/4th as much good drops as everyone else. This will also affect prices of course. Either way it's cool to think about. I honestly like the way things are now. It does favor solo play to a pretty large extreme, but that's what I would expect from pso since when I started playing pso on console I couldn't get online and while I did play with friends often via LAN, I probably spent over 500 hours by myself endlessly hunting XD. That's just the nature of pso from my perspective. The main thing I love about being able to get online now is the fact that I can sell rare stuff I find that I have no intention of using then buy things that benefit me. Of course quests are a major plus too and I enjoy hunting with other people.

Edited by tru

The problem we were trying to address though was not about ninja taking drops. It was about getting people to actually play together, and not in their own locked room. I now see all the holes in my idea, and look forward to seeing other ideas.