Share Your FO Palette / Playstyle

I have been playing as a FO for a while now an having trouble narrowing down the best way organize my palette.  So many options and way to play I am having a hard time figuring out which is best for me. I am thinking the final answer will be "it has to be customized for each situation" but would still like to hear the other FOs thoughts.

1 - Resta

2 - Trifluids

3 - Anti/Reverser if i am playing alone vs carrying in VH or lower

4 - Foie

5 - Zonde

6 - Rabarta

7 - Shifta

8 - Deband

9 - Jellen

0 - Zalure

< - Rafoie

\/ - Razonde

> - Megid

Ctrl +

< - Normal Attack

\/ - Hard Attack

> - Special Attack

Edited by CGault11

My current setup, which could probably use some refining:

1 - Reverser

2 - Anti

3 - Resta

4 - Barta

5 - Gifoie

6 - Rabarta

7 - Zalure

8 - Jellen

9 - Rafoie

0 - Foie

< - Special Attack

\/ - Normal Attack

> - Hard Attack

Ctrl +

< - Zonde

\/ - Gizonde

> - Razonde

I have a script that remaps the numberpad keys so that I can use them for the 1-0 shortcuts as well, so some of my groupings are based on that. Currently, I'm battlefoing more than casting techs, and I use the quick menu for shifta/deband/fluids.

• Like 1

For all of my FO's, the 1-0 is the same, but I keep my FOnewearl pure nuke.

1-Shifta

2-Deband

3-Resta

4-Jellen

5-Zalure

6-Anti

7-Reverser

8-Gifoie

9-Grants

0-Megid

Then for every fo, and foney beside it

<-Heavy Attack-Foie

V-Light Attack-Zonde

>-Special Attack-Barta

Control

<-Rafoie

v-Razonde

>-Rabarta

I prefer Melee playstyle, mostly because I find it the least boring.

• Like 1

1 - Trimate

2 - Razonde

3 - Rabarta

4 - Jellen

5 - Zalure

6 - Shifta

7 - Deband

8 - Reverser

9 - Trifuid

0 - Resta

< - Anti

\/ -

> - Special Attack

Ctrl +

< - Gifoie

\/ - Hard Attack

> - Soft Attack

(If it matters, I put Gizonde at the top of the quick menu for Vol Opt)

As @Shoutgu said though, it very much depends on the person.  If you can cast all the spells you need to quickly, then it doesn't matter where you put them.

In regards to play style, I tend to use weapons more often the spells.  That's why I don't have many damaging spells hotkeyed. 

Edited by Lemon
  • Like 1

For my FOmarl :)

Support/Nuke:

1:Rabarta

2:Razonde

3:Rafoie

4:Resta

5:Anti

6:Shifta

7:Deband

8:Jellen

9:Zalure

0:Reverser

Left Arrow:Grants, Foie

Down Arrow:Megid*sometimes switch to Gizonde for certain situations), Zonde

Right Arrow:Gifoie,Barta

&for melee everything is the same except:

Left Arrow:Hard Attack,Foie

Down Arrow:Normal Attack,Zonde

Right Arrow:Special Attack,Barta

• Like 1

My FO binds always stay the same, unless im FOmar/HU duo with sylph, in which case i bind several consumables.

iirc its like this for cake (left) and hawk (right)

1- grants/grants

2-rafoie/reverser

3-megid/gifoie

4-anti/anti

5-shifta/shifta

6-deband/deband

7-jellen/jellen

8-razonde/resta

9-rabarta/trimate/moon depending on what do.

0-zalure/zalure (left arrow is reverser, right is resta, when hold ctrl its zonde in yellow, barta in blue, foie in red.) hawks left arrow is strong, down is regular and right is special attack, his ctrl is blue;rabarta, yellow; razonde/gizonde depending on what im doing and red is foie/trimate depending on what do.

i know for a fact mine is utter garbage but its what I'm used to and doubt ill change.

I feel you lemon, i hardly use cake to actually use damaging spells anymore so i stick with hawk.

Edited by HHawk4
oops
  • Like 1

Fonewm:

1: Resta

2: reverser

3: shifta

4: deband

5:jellen

6:zalure

7: grants

8: difluid

9: trifluid

0: sol atomizer

left arrow: rafoie

down: gizonde or razonde (for vol opt) 

right arrow: rabarta

Ctrl + left: megid

Ctrl+ down: gifoie or barta (for olga)

ctrl +right: special attack (glide divine anti)

• Like 1

My setup:

1 Trimate
2 Trifluid
3 Rabarta

4 Rafoie
5 Razonde
6 Resta
7 Anti
8 Jellen
9 Zalure
0 Reverser
< Situational (Hard Attack / Grants / Moon Atomizer / Megid / Gifoie / Foie / Etc.)
v Normal Attack
> Special Attack
Ctrl < Shifta
Ctrl v Deband
Ctrl > Situational (Grants/Megid/Moon/Sol/Gifoie/Foie/Difluid/Etc.)

You never know when you need that emergency mate/fluid, ra techs are most useful soloing but sometimes need quick access to stun lily / flower / other emergency situations in team (can occasionally be recustomized for certain quests / parts of quests i.e. gifoie instead of razonde at falz), easy access to all supports.

Quick Menu Techs are ordered specially as well (you can order the quick menu techs with Tab), Quick Menu is great for things you only use occasionally(grants/megid/gifoie/shifta/deband), need a backup from back palette in case of having 100 pb (shifta/deband, since those are only every 4-5minute cast anyway), or may want to do 0delay casting for (resta/gizonde/gifoie/grants/megid), so it's really useful to reorganize so the top and bottom techs are specific things you may want.
Top 4
Gizonde
Resta
Gifoie
Grants

Bottom 4
Shifta
Deband
Megid
Ryuker

Edited by Fyrewolf5
  • Like 3

melee force fomarl and fomar

1.trifuild

2. sol anti

3.ra teach

4. gi tech

5.hard tech megid/grant

6. jellen

7.zalure

8. reverser

9.anti

0. resta

short cut

shifter

depand

fonewearl and fonwar

1.trifluid

2.sol

3.gifoie

4.gizonda

5.gibarta/grant/megid

6.jellen

7.zalure

8.reverser

9.anit.

0.resta

shot cut

shifter

dedand

• Like 1

On my main nuke force (Fonewearl) :

kboGy3q.png

And Trimate/Grants/Megid on Ctrl.

But I change them everytime for Nuke > Melee > Support. 

(like replacing Shifta/Zalure/Reverser for mates/sol/fluids/Gi when playing solo, ryuker for support-only dual log, attacks when I want to melee ...)

Some are not important to set though as they are fast to get with F3 (Foie, Gifoie, Ryuker, Shifta) and better use Trifluids with quick menu as you don't use them every 30 seconds.

• Like 1

So basically binded to keys I do things one of "two" ways:

Nuking changes literally anytime depending on where I will be and the arrow keys will always be direction specific attacks, so rafoie, gizonde, megid, foie, zonde, barta, and often resta on my control side just for faster and easier access especially if using p-wand. For the number keys it will be attacks that are not effected by the direction your character is facing, so up here is where gifoie gizonde rabarta grants buffs debuffs and also resta will be.

Regardless of melee or nuking I never bind shifta, deband, reverser or ryuker, also with the exception of tower I don't bind trimates or moons since there is less danger of me being one hit and I have the time to access them from quick menu. The same also goes for sol atomizers, I make sure to keep my usable items set up in this fashion: Trimate, Moon atom, sol atom, trifluid. The reason for this is that it gives fast access to them in the order that to me feels most important. 

For melee, it is almost always the same, so the regular hard, normal, special if you are going left to right, then on the other side will be resta rabarta jellen, I find this is where what I mention in the paragraph above really pays off because literally everything in my alt palette must also be binded to number keys incase I need to hold on to pb, and this really limits that amount of things you can have up there. 

Learning to use your quick menu for items, and quick menu/F3 tech menu, can really save you a lot of space and make you much more versatile, I am still learning it now but it has madea big difference

• Like 1