Ideas to improve the server - feel free to post!

i know what you mean.. but i think its good to have pb.. nice RA boost... but what DB needs is moooore grants boost to get same powerfull like other DWs and a unique special like DF or DM have , i would say its a dark force wep.. and only dark spell is megid

to get the special same usefull as DFs or DMs special a free (combo unlocked) megid lvl 30 would be fair + piercing special of db it gets a wrecking ball :P (megid looks like a ball , it should be a joke but isnt funny XD)

Ya don't get it.

I was saying that DB should be PB.

PB has no reason to be.

DB should already be buffed the right way.

The way things are right now, it would be like saying :

Dark Flow got ATP and ATA but no special

Use a POST on Dark Flow (to make Psycho Flow xD) and you get a special ! Yeah...

There is a reason why it was done this way. Simply buffing dark bridge was considered, but while dark bridge does have the -50% tp cost and only 50% of cost is taken from hp (less hp cost than 100% pwand/pbridge), dark bridge also randomly causes confusion, paralysis, and freeze. They didn't want to have those random debuff effects on the new upgraded force weapon, so they had to make a new weapon based on pwand design instead of on dark bridge design to avoid it. Also, it was easier to get a fancy new item + cool combiner item approved than it was to get a boring flat dark bridge buff approved. I'm kinda glad they did it that way, (though I don't like that the combiner has multiple uses), because I would tear my hair out if I had to get the random paralysis/freeze/confuse dumped on me all the time.

Alright, I see the point =)

But, just saying, they could've have just remove the original Dark Bridge from existence. Then make a new weapon named... Dark Bridge, without the negative effects and a skin based on psycho wand too. In a nutshell, they could've make a Psycho Bridge named Dark Bridge, which would've not needed a POST xd

Well, I am cavilling I guess, that's just detail anyway.

fyrewolf.. i know no player who got affected by confuse, freeze or para :P as a fo you switch your wep every 1-2 mins and it just can start after 3mins

and if your good you switch your weps before something like that happen

i would like to see db getting stronger.. cause atm its just a claw with grants+zal boost who looks nice :P

Yeah, the negative status effects from Dark Bridge should never actually happen. They would only happen if you are bad and/or don't know that they can only start to randomly appear after 3 minutes of continuous use.

I assume this has been posted before. Is there ANY WAY AT ALL to make all items available in the item shop? So tired of "oh i need trimates, whelp they arent for sale currently... great". It's an annoying and stupid addition to the game and i'd love to see it removed.

• Like 1

There is no way to make "all" available as the shop has a limit to how many items it can show.
However we could make it to always show some items... like as you said, Trimates or something else.. but that's ultimately up to Larva.

I would even say : remove PB from existence.

It is not normal than DB need improvement at all in the first place. Does DF or DM have an upgrade with POST ? Nop. They already worth it.

DB should basically be better without any addition on top of it.

It is not normal that people says things such as : "PW is already strong enough, if you get it, you barely need DB or PB for you will not see many difference".

What am trying to say is that all those bonus should already be in Dark bridge. This weapon should be final, not upgradable (not that I have a problem with post but... the logic of enhancing only one of the final weapons is just bad)

Problem is (afaik) you can only have 3 magic boosts on the same item.

DB has already 2 (Megid penetration is one of them) so you can't add the RA techniques.

Thats also why Hylian doesn't boost Rabarta I guess.

Although several sources say that Tyrell's Parasol doubles the range of Shifta Deband Anti and Resta, it actually doesn't boost Anti.

Edited by r-78
  • Like 2

@r-78 Alright, now that's a valid explanation =)

By the way, Soly, all those limitations such as : the number of items in shops, the number of buff on stuff, the impossibility to add stat/hit on s-rank and so on...

When (if) you will have rewrite the server completely (good luck with that mate ^^), do you think you will be able to find a way around ? Am not saying that certain "impossibilities" should be lift (anyway Larva decide on that anyway), am just asking if it will be possible at all ?

I assume that most limits, as we speak, are due to those hardcoded things which make nearly impossible certain changes.

There is no way to make "all" available as the shop has a limit to how many items it can show.

However we could make it to always show some items... like as you said, Trimates or something else.. but that's ultimately up to Larva.

That's alright. After a certain level we could limit the magic spells and display all usable items to people? After all, the shop only sells spells up to a certain level. Either way I think there are options to make it more convenient and get rid of the annoyance.

• Like 1

Could you maybe lower the number of spells it displays? That would free up some slots.
  • Like 2

@r-78 Alright, now that's a valid explanation =)

By the way, Soly, all those limitations such as : the number of items in shops, the number of buff on stuff, the impossibility to add stat/hit on s-rank and so on...

When (if) you will have rewrite the server completely (good luck with that mate ^^), do you think you will be able to find a way around ? Am not saying that certain "impossibilities" should be lift (anyway Larva decide on that anyway), am just asking if it will be possible at all ?

I assume that most limits, as we speak, are due to those hardcoded things which make nearly impossible certain changes.

Those limits are in the client, not the server.

That's alright. After a certain level we could limit the magic spells and display all usable items to people? After all, the shop only sells spells up to a certain level. Either way I think there are options to make it more convenient and get rid of the annoyance.

Could you maybe lower the number of spells it displays? That would free up some slots.

Could be, but again, I'm not the one to decide on that.

Totally out there suggestion, but could Fomarl's spell animation with claw type weapons be changed to the spell animation with handgun type weapons? I think it would look much better.