Ideas to improve the server - feel free to post!

i also think its not a good idea.. if someone wrong got your login (legit or hacking) he could transpher your slot drop all items take them with his low account and transpher your slot back..

this is only horrible work for DeVs. also someone could make a lot of acounts and split those items so that it will be a nightmare for DeVs xD

1 hour ago, Colorado Wilson said:

That could happen without this system midori has 50+ accounts I think that's a silly situation you've made up anyway

I don't know what has to do the number of accounts you have with this, but I think you are missing the point.
Sure with enough luck you could guess someone else's password but, that would be just you trying for random passwords.
Such a system requires a high level of security, if it were to fail either by a malfunction or a human error, things can get pretty bad, way worse than "I guessed Midori's account password".

Idea to build off the full screen map. Would it be possible to add range indicators for spells? Like if you cast resta, have a little green circle appear over you or something?  I can't tell you how many times people have died while I'm supporting because I thought my resta range was 5 map px longer.

I tried building this a few weeks back, but I couldn't get a handle on the window. xP and I had no access to range modifiers.

14 minutes ago, rayblasterx said:

Is it at all possible to make the item shop always sell stars/sols/tris etc? Multiple versions in and Sega never got it right :"L

It is possible, we just have to make the ship always put them in the shop. I don't think such a thing will happen.

2 hours ago, Lemon said:

Idea to build off the full screen map. Would it be possible to add range indicators for spells? Like if you cast resta, have a little green circle appear over you or something?  I can't tell you how many times people have died while I'm supporting because I thought my resta range was 5 map px longer.

I tried building this a few weeks back, but I couldn't get a handle on the window. xP and I had no access to range modifiers.

Noob xD ... You can use this https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms633499(v=vs.85).aspx (use pInvoke if C#)
However painting on the map ... I'm not sure about that.
Tofuman made the rare items pop up on it (or rather HE puts it in the map) but I don't know exactly how he did it, I have an idea but I don't have details of addresses etc.
So painting a hollow circle or something might be hard.

1 hour ago, Soly said:

Noob xD ... You can use this https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms633499(v=vs.85).aspx (use pInvoke if C#)
However painting on the map ... I'm not sure about that.
Tofuman made the rare items pop up on it (or rather HE puts it in the map) but I don't know exactly how he did it, I have an idea but I don't have details of addresses etc.
So painting a hollow circle or something might be hard.

Be nice, I only started on C# 3 months ago :onion-head07:  And thanks, I'll try that out, see how that works.  I was originally trying to get window position and draw directly to the screen, and read keyboard clicks to determine which spell was cast. (A dangerous work around, I know).  

I'll probably get to this after I finish my 3 quest queue and steal use sodaboy's public quest decompiling code to make my monster counter use able.

Edited by Lemon

6 minutes ago, Lemon said:

Be nice, I only started on C# 3 months ago Dx  And I'll try that out, see how that works.  I was originally trying to get window position and draw directly to the screen, and read keyboard clicks to determine which spell was cast. (A dangerous work around, I know).  

I'll probably get to this after I finish my 3 quest queue and steal use sodaboy's public quest decompiling code to make my monster counter use able.

Probably that won't work, unless you read the person's palette and stuff.
I tell you, kinda hard.

I think you don't need to decompile the quest.
If i'm not mistaken, server quests are a (prs compressed) archive with the compiled script and the map data.
You just need to extract the map data with the mobs and stuff.

I have a prs library (C#) that you could use to do that.

Edited by Soly
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Soly said:

Probably that won't work, unless you read the person's palette and stuff.
I tell you, kinda hard.

I think you don't need to decompile the quest.
If i'm not mistaken, server quests are a (prs compressed) archive with the compiled script and the map data.
You just need to extract the map data with the mobs and stuff.

I have a prs library (C#) that you could use to do that.

Ah, I was going to read a separate text file for the palette information (dangerous work around).  But yea, I realized just what I was attempting about the time the handle came back for some invisible object somewhere to the left of the window x,.,x  I just feel like the map is a very underutilized piece of the hud.  Doesn't tell you much of anything other than where monsters, doors, and walls are.  Which is useful, but not as much as it could have been.

Could we get a server command for adding descriptions to the party? So for example, I could make a party called "MA4DMD" and then when in the room I would type "/detail Canceling quest after the Crater section". For the players in the lobby, they can press tab on the room to check what drop style is being used and in that same window it would say "Party details: Canceling quest after the Crater section". This would be especially useful for trade rooms.

1 hour ago, Lemon said:

Is it possible to make scape dolls stack only in bank?

No, the stacking affects both inventory and bank.
Probably if people want to stack, it'd have to be a poll and see if we make them stack, but I can assure you it wouldn't be more than 15 at most. (If larva decides to consider it)

I think it wouldn't work out well :P