Ideas to improve the server - feel free to post!

4 hours ago, Misombre said:

Ten would already be super good. After all others consumables already stack by ten so...

It's just a pain to have one slot per scape doll.

You would carry less dolls that way, 30 inventory slots gives space for more than 10, if they stack it will be limited t o 10 ?

@cyane Indeed it is a downside...

On the bright side though, you would be able to have 10 scape doll on you when running... for the mere cost of one slot. I think that this upside is not negligible, for you would have more slots available for picking random items and bringing more stuff with you (as Hunewearl, I got something like 8-10 weapons on me, add the mag, armor, shield, units, consummables... and there is not much space, not enough for 10 scape dolls unstacked at least ^^).

Now : common bank + character bank + character inventory = 30 scape dolls

Is that not enough ? I say : if you have more than 30 scape dolls on your account, then you may not use them enough OR you never die. Then, either way, what is the purpose of having scape dolls ?

3 minutes ago, Misombre said:

@cyane Indeed it is a downside...

On the bright side though, you would be able to have 10 scape doll on you when running... for the mere cost of one slot. I think that this upside is not negligible, for you would have more slots available for picking random items and bringing more stuff with you (as Hunewearl, I got something like 8-10 weapons on me, add the mag, armor, shield, units, consummables... and there is not much space, not enough for 10 scape dolls unstacked at least ^^).

Now : common bank + character bank + character inventory = 30 scape dolls

Is that not enough ? I say : if you have more than 30 scape dolls on your account, then you may not use them enough OR you never die. Then, either way, what is the purpose of having scape dolls ?

I have like 60 in bank at the moment. I save them up for ppp games where I carry ~20. But yea, i'd much rather use up the bank slots and be able to run ppp more often than to have them stAck that low.  Thanks for the info soly!

Also, you can still dispatch them on different characters/accounts ^^

And when you have too much of it, you can stop picking/buying it and wait for you stock to go lower... I mean, you can get scape dolls pretty easily so, if you anticipate your stock level it should be fine.

4 minutes ago, Depassage said:

Would it be possible to include an option to skip the intro dialog in popular quests? like the government quest's ones?

I like this idea. But if this improvement never happens, I would suggest setting up a "turbo enter" button in the meantime, to skip dialogue as fast as possible. To determine the best rate of turbo, use the button mashing mini game in the Gallon's Shop quest.

• Like 2

Also, for keyboard users, you can skip dialogue very fast by using simultaneously the enter key and the down arrow key. If you happen to also have a keypad, then you got a second enter key and you can work with 3 keys in order to speed up the process of talking to npc (it's just a forcing on the key listeners though).

And don't forget to set the Message Speed to Very Fast in the Options when you are in game.

Now what still bother me, it's when a dialogue have silence breaks... you cannot speed up the silence ^^ so you just have to wait that the npc decide to talk again.

Example : gov 9-8

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Depassage said:

Would it be possible to include an option to skip the intro dialog in popular quests? like the government quest's ones?

Sega quests are evil, they sometimes set registry values in the middle of speech, so there's really no way to easily skip over it.  Especially since nothing is linear.  If you want to do it yourself, PM me and I'll set you up with the tools and knowledge to do it. (Many hands makes light work)

Edited by Lemon

Some Gov quests have dialog skipping but just like the first Irene dialog or something.

It definitely is possible to add such a thing but is a long process and prone to some bugs so I'd rather not....

Edited by Soly

I'd like to see a new command :

/charslot [1-4]

(alternatively : /character or /slot or /characterslot)

Would allow one to connect another character from one of the slot of the account. The character would connect on the same block, lobby (optional but why not).

Basically, the game would do : logout > connect > choose character slot x > choose last block > /lobby x

You can't do the logout > connect > choose character programatically.
You can do that yourself manually :P

It's possible to load and overwrite the server character data for you, then you reload blocks and get the new character, however, I don't think the game refreshes stuff like textures and models loaded for your character, it was not designed to do stuff like that so I think that's a no, sadly.

Alright I see, it is indeed a bit too much for good old pso ^^

I only asked that by laziness though ; because like you just said, we can do it ourselves. But am pretty sure that (in the eventuality that it was possible) it would have been faster to use a command than to do it manually. Perhaps two or three times faster, but well that's not the question anymore =)

Yeah why not after all, for the heck of programming and getting challenged ;)

But more seriously, I know that this is possible "in general". I don't know about pso specifically of course, but I already did things like that on smaller games.