Ideas to improve the server - feel free to post!

The issue has been effectively solved on Sodaboy's server simply by having better servers in better places.

If you look back a bit in this thread i posted a video of people abusing traps in a way that would surely cause damage canceling in a slower system. So improving Ultima's servers could have the same effect.

As for a solution in the code, it seems like its an issue with how the client to client communication of damage works. It might also be a database problem. I'm not programmer so I don't think i can help much, but other people in this thread have posted some ideas as well.

All I can say is that this is an issue of great long-term importance for the health of the game.

• Like 1

The issue has been effectively solved on Sodaboy's server simply by having better servers in better places.

Then the problem has not been solved, just worked around, as you said back then for other stuff...

You are missing one thing.

High ping, slow connections and very long distances between host and clients will probably cause damage cancel so, to "fix" this you can have ships in different parts of the world and surely if a ship is in Europe and you grab people from Europe, the dmc might not happen as often but that's only when those specific players play in Europe's ship. If you have a player from America play in an Europe's Ship the issue can arise again.

You will be segregating the players to a ship near to their location, not saying this is bad or anything but still is not a complete solution to the problem.

Anyway regardless of that we are looking to improve the current host even further, then probably look into setting up more ships.

Edited by Soly
  • Like 5

not saying this is bad or anything

Hum... yes it is ! Do not fear, you can say it straight :onion97: This also means, by the way, that Sodaboy has not fixed it at all ; and the "workaround" for it is very poor (not saying that it could be any better but well ^^).

The thing is that damage cancel should not even exist. "High ping, slow connections and very long distances" is what cause lag, disconnection and so on.

Damage cancel though is another story. It means that the data flow is badly handled by the 'very high level of super sega coding'.

:onion111:

In a nutshell, only way to fix it would be to recode pso properly. And I believe that is not an option at the moment if not ever.

"High ping, slow connections and very long distances" is what cause lag, disconnection and so on.

Damage cancel though is another story. It means that the data flow is badly handled by the 'very high level of super sega coding'.

Yes, and lag causes dmc (because of the poor design of the battle system).

I have an idea of how it can be solved (although I can't do it right now), I think would be very hard to implement and very intrusive, everyone would have to move onto the client with a dll that my launcher uses, too.

How much of Tethealla's original server code is still in use? The more I read that stuff, the shittier the code appears. The causes can't be limited to only the client and the physical distances to the servers.

It's been a year since I last posted anything, but I am still here. I am also still willing to do what I can code-wise to improve the server. I still wish to help.

An item / unit that allows you to only be heal by yourself n not by other players :P for df users hehe

An item / unit that allows you to only be heal by yourself n not by other players :P for df users hehe

If we can do this. It would be amazing!

It usually goes by the name anti-heal ring if I remember well. But resist/n00b has a certain charm ^^

Anyway df users being healed is not an issue, it's a pleasure for sore eyes huhuhu =)

It usually goes by the name anti-heal ring if I remember well. But resist/n00b has a certain charm ^^

Anyway df users being healed is not an issue, it's a pleasure for sore eyes huhuhu =)

Does an item called Anti-Heal Ring exist on another server? So that would mean it's possible to create an item that prevents others from healing you. Let's get one for Ultima.

Nah I don't think it does exist at all (I don't say it's impossible though, am sure some people did try it).

I saw it in a thread somewhere on Ultima. Obviously, other peoples talked about it before us.

These replies gave me an idea regarding to dmc... I'll have to do some testing. It will probably require quite some work but might be worth it.

However the "anti heal", if it works as other things in PSO, items that heal probably won't be able to be blocked, maybe techs but that's it.

It goes something like this

• P1 uses an item (music disk), and tells the other players it used the item in slot #25 (not sending its a music disk)
  • P2 receives a message of P1 using item in slot #25
  • P2 checks what is the item in P1's inventory, slot #25
  • P2 sees it's a music disk and proceeds to play the music

If the rest of items work like this, and I believe so, you can't just block the use of these items, it would cause desync between the clients.

• Like 1

Idk if this is possible but making sol atomizers a staple sell at the shops would be nice !

Also this one might be a bit controversial especially among gms. It would be nice if there was an in game method to add hit to weapons without spending cold hard cash =)

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk