Ideas to improve the server - feel free to post!

8 hours ago, Saber +7 said:

I think this is a really poor evaluation of things. It’s unlikely the population was ever tied to the fact we “could” rmt. I’d also like to point out rmt was never just allowed. There were grey areas that were left unaddressed during certain periods like gift cards or RuneScape gold. In general though rmt has always been forbidden. 

either way it dont matter to me , i dont even play here , but i do have 10k dt+ worth of max gear rotting away in my banks , and I can be 100% positive  the average player here would want to buy them for  a heavliy discounted rwt price .

1 hour ago, Terrybriggs711 said:

when this was allowed there was 100-200 players on the sever and I cant

remember hackers and dupers crawlling out of the "woodwork" that was never a problem , 99% of those rwt trade where done right on forums with trusted veteran players

I will think you will find this sort of thing was never really condoned on and it just happened.

i think you will find it is illegal to sell content of not owned copyright as in to make profit , reason being we donate instead. Magic word being donate

12 minutes ago, ink said:

I will think you will find this sort of thing was never really condoned on and it just happened.

i think you will find it is illegal to sell content of not owned copyright as in to make profit , reason being we donate instead. Magic word being donate

here some sources  that show  it was allowed fully in the past  , it didnt really just happen  it was permitted 

https://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/topic/29274-s-items-for-steam/#comment-174115

https://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/topic/29241-selling-items-for-steam/#comment-173874

https://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/topic/29336-sgoodies-for-steam-stuff/#comment-174765

Edited by Terrybriggs711

Right so, what you’ve shown as proof is the grey area I mentioned. The rules did not always explicitly forbid that type of transaction. They have ALWAYS outlawed straight up money for gear. That was simply a workaround that we got away with for a while.

What it really sounds like by your own admission is that you’re just looking to sell your gear, not that you think this rule has much impact on server population. 

For the record all servers have similarly strict rmt policies. 

26 minutes ago, Saber +7 said:

Right so, what you’ve shown as proof is the grey area I mentioned. The rules did not always explicitly forbid that type of transaction. They have ALWAYS outlawed straight up money for gear. That was simply a workaround that we got away with for a while.

What it really sounds like by your own admission is that you’re just looking to sell your gear, not that you think this rule has much impact on server population. 

I dont care to sell all my gear , as always on this sever any topic posted turns into somthing it wasnt, My only point was , bring it back would increase the player base. I mean people still sell items in privite and break the rules all the time . yes 99.9% of games do not allow it . I get it

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Saber +7 said:

we just forget about that one time it was re-allowed for several  highend players to rwt bc they were quiting? so even if i did want to sell my gear  would that  negate the fact that more people would play if they had a chance to make something out of time spent?

Edited by Terrybriggs711
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Zapxthebest said:

Don't know if posted yet but when green names are enabled it would be nice to have to the option to toggle it off or on during those times for very obvious reasons lol. 

I asked Larva about this a while ago.

Edit: just asked again, he approved.

Edited by R-78
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

Some stuff other severs have that'd be nice to have here:

All recovery items in shop

Lobbying without a quest

Fast Bursting

Being able to have more than 4 characters per account

Being able to have more than 999,999 meseta in a bank

Some of this stuff has existed for a few years now.

All recovery items in shop

Undoubtedly a great QOL to have.

Lobbying without a quest

As far as I know, this is made artificially in 3 steps

1) Warp to pioneer II if initially on Ragol (not sure about this one)

2) Start a quest

3) Immediately exit the quest (Qexit)

So that'd still make 2 extra loadings for returning to lobby which would feel... a bit weird?

That aside, I don't like how it would make CCA farming more broken than it already is on Ultima.

Fast Bursting

I really wanted to see fast bursting, but this has a similar issue to the previous point...

While the time gain would be pretty much insignificant (although definitely welcome) to anyone who runs long quests, such time gain is going to be huge for "early resets".

I hate how some quests make it "play first room then /lobby" the most efficient way to grind stuff (PPP for Merikles, MA4 for Rappies, MADesert for Merissa/Girtablulus, LHB for Del Lilies etc...) so I really don't want to encourage that practice even more by making it even more OP and removing the top reason for NOT doing that.

Being able to have more than 4 characters per account

Was mentionned in staff on August 2019, Soly said it was tedious and sadly didn't get back on this.

Being able to have more than 999,999 meseta in a bank

This is not going to happen as long as meseta rooms are still a thing.

The same players would stay forever in the room since they'd want to fill all their banks, and one can only drop/pick 999,999 meseta a time.

• Like 4

"All recovery items in shop

Undoubtedly a great QOL to have."

Just this would be great already. No hate on Lemon's, but having to go there to fill your stuff each time feels horribly tedious. It's also annoying for many other reasons, such as when u and ur squad are short on time but they have to wait for you (or anyone) to visit Lemon's and the like. And Lemon's is still useful to trade PDs for PSs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Saber +7 said:

Please no fast bursting. It ruins TA. 

you can toggle it off as far as i know, just know one does it because who wants to wait 2-3 seconds at every loading screen