Individual Drops (PSO2 Drop Style)

19 hours ago, Midori said:

OK, so this new drop system solves the problem of calling dibs on items/item ninjas. That's nice and all but why would a capable player who understands math, play multiplayer in the first place? In order for us to take advantage of the item ninja problem being solved, multiplayer needs to be worth playing. Let's fix this!

We currently have two problems when it comes to items.

Problem: The item balance between solo and multiplayer is way off. Solo is far superior to multiplayer because you get more items in less time. In other words, if you want items, and you are capable of soloing, you will generally get items between 3x to 4x faster by soloing.

Okay, so before I begin my two cents, let me just say, Midori, kindly, of course, that farming materials in Normal-Vhard mode does not count as a viable excuse to tell us that Solo is favored over Multiplayer. I say this since that was what your primary argument was the last time. Additionally, your argument mainly favors those who are like you who have 10 billion characters with a million accounts that are all level 200 and have top tier gear. Not everybody is like that. I've been here for 2 years, and I only have 1 character that is level 200 and has top tier gear. If you want your argument to sound remotely fair and just to ALL players, you might wanna stop assuming everybody is exactly like you.

Anyways, on to my argument. I haven't really read much of what has been said, only what Soly's original post was, so going off of that alone,here's my gripe.

I made a post about 2 years ago when I first joined that explained my original thoughts on the "call drop" system we had in place here. It was really really dumb, that's what I thought. In my eyes, the only fair drop way to do was to make it so where players that got the items could pick them up, but then when they hunted for them again with their friends, since they already had one, they couldn't pick another up until everybody had one. That's how I felt at the time. But at that time, I got about two dozen downvotes for that post and tons of people telling me that I was being stupid and people like me ruin the server. For what reason? Because I made a post explaining about how our drop system was incredibly stupid and faith based. But people assured me if anything did happen the GM's would mediate between the players and take what belongs to others. So I sat back and just played the game.

Now 2 years later, here we are with the primary reason for this stupid ass drop system even existing is because, and I quote "so we don't have to worry about people stealing drops anymore". Oh, I'm sorry, I thought you told me 2 years ago that I was a stupid idiot for pointing out that our current system was retarded and should be changed? But I guess a lot can change in 2 years, so I suppose I shouldn't be mad; I just find it extremely ironic that the exact same thing I stated for 2 years ago that I got tons of hate over is now being used as the primary reason for an entire overhaul in our loot based system and everybody seems to love and agree with it.

Second, I hate this system. When I heard you guys would be enabling it in the game I knew right then it would be the death of multiplayer, more so than it already is favored for individual hunts, this system will destroy multiplayer entirely, I believe. There's a reason why this system is so good on PSO2, for those of you that don't know, section ID's mean absolutely nothing in PSO2. In fact, when I created my character back in the first year of the game's release, the game didn't even give you a section ID when you created a character. The reason why PSO2 drop system works so well in PSO2 is because drops are based around difficulty. In case you're unaware, rare items in PSO2 are not based on section ID's anymore and are based on difficulty. There's a specific item for each specific enemy for each difficulty for everybody regardless of ID (if you even have ID's at this point in PSO2). The reason it works so well is because you dont have to rely on section ID's and drops inherently are insanely different from the original game.

In my opinion, lowering the DAR of monsters across the board is a cop-out answer to having too many chances at getting an item. At this point, if we're going to introduce this system, might as well make it permanent, don't lower DAR, and then just make the drops ridiculously higher (higher as in worse) for all drops. A Guld Milla could drop from a lowly Ultimate monster on PSO2 and in the drop system the DAR was good, but you would look at the enemy rate and say "oh, Guld Milla for that monster is 1/200 on a common enemy, with good DAR, that's super easy!" when in reality that drop was something more like 1/2,000,000 for that monster. Rates are extremely different in that game compared to this one.

In my opinion, don't lower DAR, and instead just make the drops different. Make the rates higher (again, by higher I mean worse) and keep the DAR the way it is. I don't think DAR is the answer.

But, if you want my most honest opinion, this system's entire purpose is retarded because the entire existence of this program was to "solve" a problem that everybody swore up and down wasn't actually a problem and is the best way of throwing out drops to people. If it was the best way, why suddenly the change of heart? That's what I'd like to know. I believe people will see how much lower the DAR rate is and just go straight back to the old system, because in all reality most of the parties that did hunt were parties of friends, people you could trust to not steal your banner or items. You rarely ever saw a group of people who were randoms and didn't know each other hunting an amazing item then complaining to GM's when some one picked it up that wasn't them. It never happened. Hell, you never even see randoms playing with other randoms anyways. Almost all of the groups on here are tight-knit groups of friends and clan members. Things won't change.

Sorry if my opinion offends anybody or the work the GM's put into this project, but in my eyes, it was a waste of time to create this, a gigantic waste of time.

Hmm, I would like to show my feedback about the new drop system. I'm not talking about the DAR at all, since it was already been discussed here.

I was playing a game with other 3 friends and the most notable thing I found weird in that new system is that DAR applies to exact anything. I mean, I think the reductions should be applied actually to the Rare drop, not on the DAR. Immagine that sittuation: I am a RAcast and in my game, enemies drops Difluids, Trifluids, Moon Atomizers, and rares. All right so far.

But now lets suppose that I am dying a lot and my friend is becoming out of moons. Or maybe my inventory is full so I want to transfer things to my friend so he can carry a specific item for me. What I noticed that even if I pick an item and then decide to drop it, my friends can't see that specific item. It doesn't matter if it is a rare or a common item, it won't show up for them.

But what I found more strange is that this only applies to items collected in the map. If you enter a specific map with items that you have previously collected, you can drop them and your friend will be able to see and pick it. But that desn't happen to collected in quest items.

How can I hold or drop items for a friend in middle quest? Trade Windows doesn't work inside quests. The only way I can see that happening is to use a Telepipe and go back to Pioneer 2 to drop item on the floor, which is a hassle. Not every quest let you make use of Telepipes.

Also, someone told me that the Individual drop doesn't seem to be applied for bosses. That happened in Saint Milion. A friend of mine found a Blood Sword with another friend and apparently two of that item dropped. But that didn't happened, when the 1st player got it, the 2nd player wasn't able to see it. That means that somehow the drops from bosses are still shared? Also he was sure that Individual Drops was enabled in that specific room.

1 hour ago, Larva said:

It's what I been saying since the begging.

Users are more interested in having easier drop, more rares boxes, than actually the idea of been safe from the ninja turtle of the shadows.

Midori and all her arguments, only thing that I see is

"""make drops easy.. it's a multiplayer game but I like to solo with my 6 accounts.....multiplayer"""

I did said it. The system will be implemented but the dar rate will have to be reduce. And yes the current number of the DAR as soly said are not final and we will try to balance as best we can. But again it won't be as shared drop ever; don't think I have to explain why.

No one is asking it to be the same as shared drop, not even Midori. All everyone is asking is it not to be so bad, that it's pointless to play multiplayer drop

• Like 2

I think the idea of individual drops but with current shared room drop DAR and rates is the fairest way to play this game. Phantasy Star online ep 1 and 2 is a game over 13 years old and the fact its still played and loved is great but the original game was not perfect. This server isn't a vanilla server. if people want that there are some out there or they can make there own. Ultima has become one of the most popular private servers due its reliability , helpful staff and its mix of improvements to game. A Lot of people who play now are old veterans who are used to system of "hey there , you help me hunt my item for 2 hours then i can help you for a couple of hours then we can help the other 2 guys who've been running with us" I can't speak for the rest of you guys but i don't have much free time to put into hunting anymore. The days of playing online games all day are gone for me and the rest of the folks that have jobs and family. The drop system i support is a fair one that can be abused , but really would more items on the market be bad ? 20dts for a pbc i've seen rooms selling pbc for 99 pd , if people abuse system and power farmed items to the point where they are worth nearly nothing then its a self made greed problem and will bring economy down but remember that dts still add percentages so weapons of value will still be same.Obviously something would need to be done about multi clienting but i'm not the guy with the knowledge on that subject. I see this a chance for Ultima to do something different to all the other servers and be unique in its fair system that rewards multiplayer the same as solo play which i'm sure if sega made this game today it surely would

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Midori said:

@Virec

Just because some of the ideas I suggested to restrict multi account abuse aren't 100% guaranteed to stop any and all multi account abuse, doesn't mean they can't make a difference in reducing the problem, or that we should give up on the idea altogether. Like I said before, currently it is far too easy to use and control 6 accounts at once. If players had to use 6 PCs and go out of their way to configure a single controller to work for all PCs at once, some people would be deterred by those hurdles and give up on the idea, myself included.

Either way, let's continue to work on fixing problems and improving the game. The important thing is that we agree that one person exploiting item drops with multi accounts is a problem, and we share the desire to reduce the problem.

I agree with what you were saying I was just making a point :)

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Auroboro said:

Okay, so before I begin my two cents, let me just say, Midori, kindly, of course, that farming materials in Normal-Vhard mode does not count as a viable excuse to tell us that Solo is favored over Multiplayer. I say this since that was what your primary argument was the last time. Additionally, your argument mainly favors those who are like you who have 10 billion characters with a million accounts that are all level 200 and have top tier gear. Not everybody is like that. I've been here for 2 years, and I only have 1 character that is level 200 and has top tier gear. If you want your argument to sound remotely fair and just to ALL players, you might wanna stop assuming everybody is exactly like you.

I know that not everyone is lv 200 with good gear. Solo is better than multiplayer in general, not just for the best players. You don't need to solo with 6 accounts for solo to be better. Just using one account and running a quest like normal is far superior to multiplayer as well.

Let's take 4 average PSO players. They are fairly weak so it takes them 60 minutes to solo a quest that someone like me could solo in 20 minutes. Are these 4 average players better off soloing or working together? Let's run the numbers and see.

Look at it from an individual perspective. 60 mins to solo and you get all of the items or 40 mins to play with the others, but you only get 1/4 the number of items compared to soloing. Clearing the quest 33% faster is nice but since you only get 25% of the items, if you look at the big picture, you are getting far less items overall. There is currently a massive gap between solo and multiplayer for items and it affects all players.

You can make the argument that a weak player could potentially benefit if a much stronger player carries them quickly through a difficult quest, and you would be right. But there is no benefit for the strong player to do so. Maybe if multiplayer was worth doing for that strong player, they would be more willing to help out the weaker player. I don't think it's crazy to suggest that the game shouldn't punish a strong player from wanting to help a weak player.

4 minutes ago, Midori said:

I know that not everyone is lv 200 with good gear. Solo is better than multiplayer in general, not just for the best players. You don't need to solo with 6 accounts for solo to be better. Just using one account and running a quest like normal is far superior to multiplayer as well.

Let's take 4 average PSO players. They are fairly weak so it takes them 60 minutes to solo a quest that someone like me could solo in 20 minutes. Are these 4 average players better off soloing or working together? Let's run the numbers and see.

Look at it from an individual perspective. 60 mins to solo and you get all of the items or 40 mins to play with the others, but you only get 1/4 the number of items compared to soloing. Clearing the quest 33% faster is nice but since you only get 25% of the items, if you look at the big picture, you are getting far less items overall. There is currently a massive gap between solo and multiplayer for items and it affects all players.

You can make the argument that a weak player could potentially benefit if a much stronger player carries them quickly through a difficult quest, and you would be right. But there is no benefit for the strong player to do so. Maybe if multiplayer was worth doing for that strong player, they would be more willing to help out the weaker player. I don't think it's crazy to suggest that the game shouldn't punish a strong player from wanting to help a weak player.

I dont necessarily disagree with you when you say solo is favored over multiplayer mode, however, this example is flawed to me.

You're basically taking 2 completely different scenarios and comparing them. One scenario is that 4 average joe players takes 60 minutes to 4 man a quest, then some one comes along solo and does it in 20 minutes, some one like you, who has the gear and necessary requirements to do such a task with minimal effort. Are they better off you're asking? Well, yes, honestly.

Here's the reasoning, it's because these people are average joe players that they require to be in a group to complete said quest. The thing about quests is, most of the time, the gear is what determines your ability to solo things (in most cases). If these average players need 4 to do in 60 minutes what it takes you to do in 20 minutes, they're clearly better off doing it as a group because taking any one of those average joe players and forcing them to do what they just did as a 4 man group solo, would take them even longer if not be impossible to do. Another factor I think you failed to look at was that, yeah, sure, items are split to 1/4 (maybe if that's how they are dealing out items) but you must also consider the fact of being able to do that quest at all. You see, if you are placing that average player in a solo environment where that same environment as a 4 man group they barely get through it, sure, the items are 100% to you and you alone, but they're not even going to be able to complete the quest let alone step foot in it without being demolished. Sure the items are probably cut down to 1/4, but at least you're able to DO the quest AT ALL.

Now in a different situation if you took 4 Midori's and slapped them into a group of 4 and had them do the quest in 20 minutes 4 man when solo it could take 20 minutes to do and you get 100% of the times then, would it be better to solo? Hell fucking yes it most certainly would be. But the situation you speak of still requires the players to have the godlike gear that you have (as well as other things like general spawn knowledge and size, map hiding spots, etc).

Auroboro, that's right. If you go back and read my previous posts about it, I said stuff like "capable of soloing" when doing the comparisons. Of course if someone simple cannot solo a quest, they could benefit from having stronger players carry them through, and in that case multiplayer would have a benefit to them, since something is better than nothing.

Basically it comes down to this: If you can solo, you should solo. If you can't solo, then you would have to settle for multiplayer. Many players who are capable of soloing would like to be able to play multiplayer without having the game punish them for it, with less items.

2 hours ago, Midori said:

Larva, please go back and read my posts here. Either I didn't do a good enough job explaining it or you didn't understand. If you need me to clarify something better afterward, I will do it.

I read them all and let me try to put in simple details what I see from your posts.

20 hours ago, Midori said:

OK, so this new drop system solves the problem of calling dibs on items/item ninjas. That's nice and all but why would a capable player who understands math, play multiplayer in the first place? In order for us to take advantage of the item ninja problem being solved, multiplayer needs to be worth playing. Let's fix this!

We currently have two problems when it comes to items.

Problem: The item balance between solo and multiplayer is way off. Solo is far superior to multiplayer because you get more items in less time. In other words, if you want items, and you are capable of soloing, you will generally get items between 3x to 4x faster by soloing. If you have additional members in your party, regardless of which drop system you use, it means less items for you. With 4 players, on average, each player will only get 1/4 of the items, compared to solo. If you want items, and you are capable of soloing, there is basically no reason to play multiplayer.

Solution: Better item balance between solo and multiplayer. We need a drop system that will give each player their own item, and at a decent enough rate. The goal should be a game that favors multiplayer, or at least a game where you can find items at roughly the same rate regardless of how many players are in your party. Ideally, the DAR would remain the same no matter how many players are in the party, which would mean that the game actually slightly favors multiplayer. But if the idea of an online game favoring multiplayer is crazy for some strange reason, assuming that each additional party member will speed up the quest clear time slightly, a slight DAR reduction could make sense. If it takes 60 minutes to get item X solo, it should take 60 minutes or less to get item X with 4 players. Adjust the numbers as needed to get the best balance.

Problem: One person using multiple accounts to get items faster. This problem has always existed and will continue to exist regardless of how the new drop system works, but it could potentially be worse if we let players quad box with a multiplayer friendly drop system to get items faster. New accounts are free, you can run multiple clients on the same PC, and one controller will control every client. All of these reasons make it extremely easy to exploit the game and get items way faster than normal. I've solo'd with 6 accounts myself and I can get 90 Luck mats or 12 Glide Divines in 1 HH.

Solution: Restrict one person from using multiple accounts to get items faster. One way or another, this needs to happen. Maybe it can be done through software, by reducing the number of accounts allowed to connect at once from 6 to 1 or 2, or disable support for multiple clients on the same PC. Or we can just have a written rule that says something like "One person cannot use more than one (or maybe two) accounts at the same time to get items faster", which means players could still use multiple accounts for things like item transfers or visiting a different lobby. If we allow two accounts, people could still use it for things like section ID and buffs, but more importantly, there would be room in the party for other players, so true multiplayer would still be possible.

Personally speaking, until these problems are addressed, I will continue to solo with anywhere from 1 to 6 accounts, because that's the best way to play the game based on its own rules. I do this because I want to be strong/good at the game, not because I enjoy it. I actually prefer to play with other people, because multiplayer is much more fun and interesting to me. Please fix these problems so players like me can enjoy playing multiplayer and still feel like we are playing the game in an efficient way. Thank you.

Resolution: Solo is better than Multiplayer for getting RARES = I prefer to play Solo to obtain my red boxes. Even when the original game type is shared items and now i have the options for individual items but fuck that i don't want to play extra just to play in multiplayer. It dont matter i play myself boring, i dont care to actually play with other 3 guys and experience a multiplayer game.

Midori, all your point of views get back to the same. Easy drop system or i just keep using multiclient. And to be honest we did not decide to do the individual drop system just to make YOU happy. If you don't like it then dont use it. keep using your multiclient.

The individual drop system as Soly mentioned in the OP, the currently DAR number are subject to change, BUT first we need to run the some tests, some comparations, so from there we can base use to get some more clear numbers.

But it will never be as shared drop system when 4=100 just because the server would drop items 4x than before. (just bold example)

12 minutes ago, Midori said:

some people still care about leveling when they first create an account, later on they will worry about the items, and most luckly will continue to use the shared system because it does works better, and it will always be better for the majority of the users.

for you 6 clients works better then good for you.

but let me tell you , your requests for the server does not works better for ultima.

Thanks.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, yanvbraz said:

But now lets suppose that I am dying a lot and my friend is becoming out of moons. Or maybe my inventory is full so I want to transfer things to my friend so he can carry a specific item for me. What I noticed that even if I pick an item and then decide to drop it, my friends can't see that specific item. It doesn't matter if it is a rare or a common item, it won't show up for them.

It will show up if you drop items

@Larva

The reason people like me play solo is because we want items, and solo is far superior for items. But that doesn't mean that we can't also want to play multiplayer. We want to be able to play multiplayer and also get items. We want both of these at the same time. Why are you OK with an online game that heavily favors solo? How can you not see that as a major problem? Most players agree with me and want to play multiplayer and still be able to find items at a comparable rate to solo. We are upset that solo is so far and away superior to multiplayer, and would like to see this problem reduced as much as possible. This game should encourage people to play together, not discourage it!

The current game does not work better for most players. Most players care about items, and once they understand how the game works, they will usually be off soloing in a locked room or maybe occasionally playing with 1 or 2 close friends in a locked room. The only people who argue against us are the ones who refuse to acknowledge that most players care about finding items or they don't understand how the math works when comparing solo to multiplayer. If multiplayer was already worth playing for items, you would be able to explain why using math. But that's impossible since the math isn't on your side.

If the DAR for the new drop system was 100% or close to it, it wouldn't mean 4x more drops for the server. You are making the mistake of comparing multiplayer to multiplayer. A proper comparison would be solo to multiplayer. If 4 players solo and it takes them 60 mins to find an item, then 4 of the items drop for the server in total. If multiplayer was worth doing, these 4 players would play together in the same room, and after about 60 mins, all 4 players would find the item, so 4 of the items would drop for the server. 4 items = 4 items.

If we make multiplayer worth playing, and due to many players helping others, people clearing quests faster and items end up dropping a bit too often for the game's economy, the solution would be to make the rare item drop rates harder, not to punish players from working together. If your solution for anything is to discourage people from playing together, you should probably figure out a better solution.

Also, if you care about this server growing, you would do what you can to improve the game and please the players. As you should already know, there are several other PSO private servers out there, so the better Ultima can become, the better chance it will pull away players from other servers. If this server encouraged multiplayer, that would be a big deal and it would be sure to bring in many new players, along with convincing some old players to return. New players join this server every day but most of them end up quitting after a short time. If the game encouraged multiplayer, it would go a long way in helping to keep them playing. More players means more donations, which means more money for you to keep maintaining and improving the game. It's very much win/win.

Edited by Midori
typo
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, cyane said:

How about all drops 1/1

Absolutely not needed.

4 hours ago, yanvbraz said:

Hmm, I would like to show my feedback about the new drop system. I'm not talking about the DAR at all, since it was already been discussed here.

I was playing a game with other 3 friends and the most notable thing I found weird in that new system is that DAR applies to exact anything. I mean, I think the reductions should be applied actually to the Rare drop, not on the DAR. Immagine that sittuation: I am a RAcast and in my game, enemies drops Difluids, Trifluids, Moon Atomizers, and rares. All right so far.

But what I found more strange is that this only applies to items collected in the map. If you enter a specific map with items that you have previously collected, you can drop them and your friend will be able to see and pick it. But that desn't happen to collected in quest items.

How can I hold or drop items for a friend in middle quest? Trade Windows doesn't work inside quests. The only way I can see that happening is to use a Telepipe and go back to Pioneer 2 to drop item on the floor, which is a hassle. Not every quest let you make use of Telepipes.

Also, someone told me that the Individual drop doesn't seem to be applied for bosses. That happened in Saint Milion. A friend of mine found a Blood Sword with another friend and apparently two of that item dropped. But that didn't happened, when the 1st player got it, the 2nd player wasn't able to see it. That means that somehow the drops from bosses are still shared? Also he was sure that Individual Drops was enabled in that specific room.

Reducing just rare drop rates will increase by a lot the amount of common drops, and that has been said won't happen.
Dropping your own items does not or should not be affected. I'll look it up I guess.
All monster drops are the same, boss drops are affected by it too.

28 minutes ago, rayblasterx said:

You can't have your cake and eat it too. Play solo for items and play multiplayer for fun/socializing/whatever. Its that simple.

you cant have me or eat me!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Midori said:

@Larva

The reason people like me play solo is because we want items, and solo is far superior for items. But that doesn't mean that we can't also want to play multiplayer. We want to be able to play multiplayer and also get items. We want both of these at the same time. Why are you OK with an online game that heavily favors solo? How can you not see that as a major problem? Most players agree with me and want to play multiplayer and still be able to find items at a comparable rate to solo. We are upset that solo is so far and away superior to multiplayer, and would like to see this problem reduced as much as possible. This game should encourage people to play together, not discourage it!

The current game does not work better for most players. Most players care about items, and once they understand how the game works, they will usually be off soloing in a locked room or maybe occasionally playing with 1 or 2 close friends in a locked room. The only people who argue against us are the ones who refuse to acknowledge that most players care about finding items or they don't understand how the math works when comparing solo to multiplayer. If multiplayer was already worth playing for items, you would be able to explain why using math. But that's impossible since the math isn't on your side.

If the DAR for the new drop system was 100% or close to it, it wouldn't mean 4x more drops for the server. You are making the mistake of comparing multiplayer to multiplayer. A proper comparison would be solo to multiplayer. If 4 players solo and it takes them 60 mins to find an item, then 4 of the items drop for the server in total. If multiplayer was worth doing, these 4 players would play together in the same room, and after about 60 mins, all 4 players would find the item, so 4 of the items would drop for the server. 4 items = 4 items.

If we make multiplayer worth playing, and due to many players helping others, people clearing quests faster and items end up dropping a bit too often for the game's economy, the solution would be to make the rare item drop rates harder, not to punish players from working together. If your solution for anything is to discourage people from playing together, you should probably figure out a better solution.

Also, if you care about this server growing, you would do what you can to improve the game and please the players. As you should already know, there are several other PSO private servers out there, so the better Ultima can become, the better chance it will pull away players from other servers. If this server encouraged multiplayer, that would be a big deal and it would be sure to bring in many new players, along with convincing some old players to return. New players join this server every day but most of them end up quitting after a short time. If the game encouraged multiplayer, it would go a long way in helping to keep them playing. More players means more donations, which means more money for you to keep maintaining and improving the game. It's very much win/win.

You're saying that 100% dar wouldn't increase the number of drops on the server because those 4 players would solo in 4 different rooms and get the items at the same speed, but that's simply not true. This is due to a number of factors including being able to do better quests that can be done more efficiently, reliably, faster, etc. Time is also not the only way to look at it, it's a derived factor and not the initial one, which is Number of Monsters Killed; time is just a corollary that comes from being able to do better kinds of runs that gets more Number of Monsters Killed / Time Spent, but that also itself isn't the whole story since even different hunts on the same monster can require vastly different gear, skill level(difficulty), effort(workload), attention, coordination, etc. Are you trying to argue that there should be 4 of the item in 60 minutes? Or 6 of the item in 60 minutes since you talk about soloing with 6 accounts so much? Or should it be 24 of item in 60 minutes since all of the players in the room could be multiclienting with 6 accounts? Or better rates than that even so that multiplayer is 'worth it' in your eyes?
I had specifically mentioned in my post the idea that if the problem is "you aren't getting enough item drops to satisfy yourself with 'enough' stuff so that you feel comfortable helping others get their 'enough' stuff, then all that matters is easier rates". If as you imply here and have stated elsewhere before, the problem you have with multiplayer isn't just 'enough' stuff, but is solely that you think if you solo with multiple accounts that you can get 'more' stuff than if you multi, then the problem is not the rates of the drop system, it's not the rates of the game, it's not the server, it's not the admin; the problem then is you. There is no fair way to make the game be 15-25times more items (i.e. more than 4 people doing 6 client hunts) in multiplayer rather than solo. If your problem really is the 'more' stuff, there is no solution to that. You will never want to play multiplayer with other people in any mmo any more than is absolutely required if your reason for playing is 'I need to have the biggest dick-measuring contest possible'. As long as your problem is just the 'more', then multiplayer will ALWAYS remain an impossibility for you.