Drop rates and price change of the best mechguns

Sir Rendlan

Yay or Nay of the MECH GUN rights movement >.>  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Should they be altered to something like this mathematics for our Mech Guns

12 minutes ago, yanvbraz said:

I just think you or whoever is wanting to "balance" stuff should really think two times before doing things, you may not only piss people, you may make people leave this server if you "balance" stuff too much...

If people are going to leave the server entirely over one single change then they weren't committed in the first place. Period.

That happens everywhere, but if it happens you probably should revise such change.

something that people have invested dts PD's or whatever kajex asked for in that minievent probably wouldn't be wise to change out of nowhere

15 minutes ago, yanvbraz said:

Lol, now what is breaking the gameplay of PSO is the Charge Yasminkov? Really? How it more broken than Demon's Yasminkov for example? then we should aswell remove Vjaya, Charge Arms, Lindcray, Baranz Launcher, Hundred Souls, Slicer of Vengeance etc from the game because they are "broken" with Photon Blast chain.

It is only overpowered with at least 2-way PB, and what is the problem it does have rifle range? It is a powerful single target weapon so tell me how is it any worse than Lindcray, Heaven Striker or the new Egglaster mk2 for example. Because it uses Meseta? That's not a good argument.

I don't understand why people complain so much about broken weapons. All classes have really good weapons, I won't even list because there are so many... so I don't get it. People get almost every event new weapons and keep complaining. I'm already satisfied with all the custom weapons we have.

And lol Soly, with all of those new quests, are Meseta Rooms even needed?

I just think you or whoever is wanting to "balance" stuff should really think two times before doing things, you may not only piss people, you may make people leave this server if you "balance" stuff too much...

Vjaya - you need to use this carefully as it uses a shitload of meseta, if you made charges yas cost 30k per combo it would be considered a drawback and it has to be used carefull, you were in the game where I spent a million meseta in the last room of IDS right?

Charge Arms - I mean this is a classic weapon that can be bought from shop, and yes it is very strong, slightly outdoes DM

Lindcray - Drains tp which makes it really hard to also use your techs

Baranz Launcher - is the same as charge arms but more atp, less targets

Hundred Souls - spirit again

SoV - pretty similar to Baranz Launcher

Eggblaster mk2 - this isn't even as good as charge suppressed, it's projectile properties are wonky and rifle animation is not as good as handgun, not to mention that there are inherent risks with using berzerk, this is the same for heaven striker

And yes, range, in my opinion is a factor here as rifle range is greater than the aggro range of nearly everything

Lindcray, eggblaster v2 and heaven striker can not dish out 15 000+ damage in a combo, and even if they did, their specials really drain something from you. What breaks the gameplay is that it is an extremely strong weapon to have no real drawbacks. I mean on test server I actually play using yas9 with berzerk, and of course, is still really strong, but I have to be mindful when using it. I don't necessarily think that the game should not have a weapon as strong as charged yas but in my opinion it seems like it is a special that should not be on that gun, berzerk is EVERY bit as strong. Also understand that what I have to say is in response to someone suggesting the atp of yas be buffed, and also goes hand in hand with my butthurt over what I've been saying for a while now, hucaseal gets shit on for guns, while litereally every other class has something really badass. LITERALLY!

• Like 2

keep in mind even if you did remove the chartge from it you could just as easaly make a geist and spirit set of yas 9 to do basically the same thing and there wouldnt be any draw backs to using them, use the spirit and oh no your tp runs out well not a problem because oh look i have a geist pair and would ya look at that my tp is back so no real draw backs on that either, same thing with zerk and gush, the only thing charge has over these other 2 powr boosting specials is that you dont need a seperate one to refill the cost of it , and then your really only changing how racast and racaseal play as those would be the ones using the zerk gush combo because they have no tp, ramar and ramarl will just use spirit and geist just like they did on vanilla with s ranks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yanvbraz said:

Lol, now what is breaking the gameplay of PSO is the Charge Yasminkov? Really? How it more broken than Demon's Yasminkov for example? then we should aswell remove Vjaya, Charge Arms, Lindcray, Baranz Launcher, Hundred Souls, Slicer of Vengeance etc from the game because they are "broken" with Photon Blast chain.

It is only overpowered with at least 2-way PB, and what is the problem it does have rifle range? It is a powerful single target weapon so tell me how is it any worse than Lindcray, Heaven Striker or the new Egglaster mk2 for example. Because it uses Meseta? That's not a good argument.

I don't understand why people complain so much about broken weapons. All classes have really good weapons, I won't even list because there are so many... so I don't get it. People get almost every event new weapons and keep complaining. I'm already satisfied with all the custom weapons we have.

And lol Soly, with all of those new quests, are Meseta Rooms even needed?

I want to echo this sentiment. Vanilla items are brokenly OP with pb chain. Heck you can kill weak enemies by just punching them with your fist if you have pb chain. As for meseta, the main use of it is not for charge. Anyone who raises mags will tell you they are eternally grateful for meseta. When a single mag costs upwards of 700k when doing cheapest possible strats, raising multiple is nigh impossible without some kind of help. I would like if we had a "The Value of Money Part 2 : Electric Boogaloo" quest, where you have to help DJ for the Weapon Fanatic guy's party, and he pays you a full stack of meseta for your services.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, mudkipzjm said:

The only thing I have to say about mechguns on Ultima is:

W̛̠̼̯͖͕̥̥̞͇ͩ̂ͯͤ͗ͪ́ͭ͂̕h̶̠̩̦̖͚͈ͯ̆̐ͦ̔̈́̓̀͢y̏ͨ̈̓̌ͫ͗̋͢͏̛̲̫̟̙͓ ̢̉҉͉̜t̷̶͓̤̰͉̅̋́͜h̲̱̙͎̟̣̅ͯ̓͋ͤe͍̪ͬ̍̃͌ͥ̎̚ ̵̼̰̥̥͙͋ͪͤ̃́́͞f͚̗̩̯̻̤͐̊ͫ͊͗ͨ̒ͩ́͠*̩͔̤̺̺̹́̇͋̊ͧ̊ć̴̻̙͙̋ͥ́k͔̟̲ͤͫ ̗͚ͧ̓̈́̍ͦ͌͋̓ͤ͞ą͌͏̣̙ŗ̌̆ͭ̂̌ͧ͋͐ͨ҉͓͉̼̯͍̟̦̳̘͡ę̵̞̙̭ͩ̃̌ñ̛̙͍̺͕͇̫̻̲ͧ͞͡'̅̎͑̌̈͑͏̣̣͉ț̨̭̫̓̾̃̓͟͠ ̬͙̻̗̪̻̭̻͚̔́P̡̙̹̮͈͙̼͚ͧͬͅs̜̙̣͚̾ͤͧͦ̐ͫ̇ͥ̒y͎͍ͫͨ̄ͩ͒̊̏̀c̞̹̟̟̼̟̝̖̊ͧḫ̠̪͖͙̻͎͑̎̈͗ͤͦ̚oͯ͊ͦ̋͟҉͖̱̬̮ ̴̠̦͍̹̈́̀͊̀͠S̡̝̗ͨ̃̽̍̈͜w̷̠͖̩̼̰̾́͡a̶̬̠̭͙̯͕̪ͬ͢n͈̭ͨ̋͛̉̽̇͡͠s͙̤̻͙̈̃͗ͤ͌ͥ̕͘͟ͅ ̶̥̪̣̓̈́̒͂a̵̮̪͍̭̫̝̰̲͒ͯ́ͩ͋r̘̙̺̜̭̟̻͌ͯ͠e͍̜̮ͭ̇̉̑̉̓ͬn̺̰̆ͧ̄̑͡'̸̷͔͉͕̜̫͋̌͠t̛̖̫̣̯̻͖̭̑̽͛͂ ̩̯̳̓ͣͩͥ̍a̖͙̤͕ͨͬ́ͨͭ̈́̑ͮ ̋̅̔͛̇͏͓̖͎̺̣͝t͔̹͇͓̦̯̬̔͛̇͟͟͢ͅh̴̐ͬ҉̬̼͍̼̼̖̕ͅi̸̥̠̒̾̂͒̆ͨn̡͍̱̙̰̮͉̜̭͎͐̎̓ḡ̸̖̩̝͔̻̏̓͝͠ͅ ̹͚̤̟ͬ͞y͎̗̦̥̙̜̗̫ͩͮ̒́ȩ̡̻̩̤̩̰̇̄ͪṯ̴̡̭̻̬͎̱͇̱ͮͥ̕ͅ!̵̠̳̈ͦͬ̂͒̏̉̀͘?̶̟̩̼̝̜̲̬̗̊̂͂

Seriously, though. Don't feed me the "Dual Birds/RDG are op!" bullshit, females need an equivalent or they will always be inferior to the males that have Psycho Raven.

Dual Birds/RDG are op!

On the nerf/buffs: Like someone already said, may as well nerf the entire game if you wanna take out charge yaz. One big reason Ultima stands out is because of all these cool new op weapons. The server would die overnight if you changed any of those weps significantly. dw will smite you repulsive knaves for such talk.

Edited by rayblasterx
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Fyrewolf5 said:

Anyone who raises mags will tell you they are eternally grateful for meseta. When a single mag costs upwards of 700k when doing cheapest possible strats, raising multiple is nigh impossible without some kind of help.

This. Especially mind mags. Even more so with mind/def mags. Also, Ranger mags that need less than 25dex, iirc

I mean.... i was specifically told to keep meseta prizes down, and in Lemons Shop to raise prices. Pagini originally gave 250k per pd there, but I was told that 75k (or w/e it is now) was as much as I cod give.

Edited by Lemon

• 2 weeks later...

I only want to say one thing that is not entirely on topic so please throw rocks at me once I finished :

I remember hearing that Larva was "laughing" (personal interpretation) at Schthack back then because weapons were too OP (Inferno Claw ? lol never on Ultima it's too cracked !) on this server, and that he would never accept weapons from this server.

Well, "bad" news, we probably have even more OP weapons that any other servers by now =)

Irony or tragedy ? None of course, I think the primary reason was just "I want to be original, we're gonna have our own custom items and not copycat on other servers". Which is perfectly normal and I couldn't agree more with.

• Like 3

On 4/14/2017 at 10:41 PM, Fyrewolf5 said:

I want to echo this sentiment. Vanilla items are brokenly OP with pb chain. Heck you can kill weak enemies by just punching them with your fist if you have pb chain. As for meseta, the main use of it is not for charge. Anyone who raises mags will tell you they are eternally grateful for meseta. When a single mag costs upwards of 700k when doing cheapest possible strats, raising multiple is nigh impossible without some kind of help. I would like if we had a "The Value of Money Part 2 : Electric Boogaloo" quest, where you have to help DJ for the Weapon Fanatic guy's party, and he pays you a full stack of meseta for your services.

ugh, again with the PB chain crap. This argument gets really old fast considering that the majority of the games in Ultima are 1-2 player games (especially those two player games where one person is dual logging) so I'm pretty sure 4-way PB chains aren't even a factor. Yeah, I can kill a Hildelt with my left pinky toe with a 4-way PB buff active but games all games do not have a constant 4-way PB buff active on them at all times. And to even use this as an example is dumb anyways because 4-way PB's are created for the sole purpose of making every single character as strong as humanely possible.

We are arguing for the sake of the games where we have say 1-2 people in them with charge yasminkovs that do 6k+ damage in a combo because reasons. And that's with like 30 s/d which is more than reasonable given the amount of FO dual logs people have here.

So lets take away the crappy argument of PB chaining and then ask a question: Are vanilla items OP in general? Answer: Only some are. Heaven Striker's pretty powerful but I wouldn't say it's "OP". BKB and Double Cannon and Guld Milla and MM are very powerful weapons from vanilla but really offer not really much else from anything else in the long run. Vanilla weapons really aren't OP at all tbh. Using a 4-way PB chain makes anything OP. You can't even argue that.

Back to original argument: Yasminkov 9000M with charge is stupid. Like this community obviously likes game balance because with the latest patch that was released with the Easter Update, things were balanced out and changed. So it's very clear that the overall community of Ultima acually does enjoy balancing. But the issue is, with all communities that like game balancing, we're a two sided community. The community only likes game balancing as long as it doesn't nerf anything or take anything away from us. I.e, not actual game balance, but just power inflation or adjusting. People love a balance patch when it gives their favorite thing more power but when you start to take it away people fly off the handle. Well, sorry Ultima community, but game balancing involves taking things away to help bring everything else up to a reasonable power level.  The only 2 other mechguns that come close to the power of Yas9km with charge is Type ME/Mechguns with charge (for the hunters that aren't male) and PsychoRavens (yes Psycho Ravens are technically more powerful ATP wise than Yas9km but Yas9km has things with it that just make it slightly better than PR's). And guess what, PR's are an event item by means of combining an event item with a non event item, Type ME/Mechguns are expensive as fuck and require a lot of DT committment to get up to a power level that comes close to that of Yas9km. Yas9km you can get a blank one, add some hit to it and charge special for less than adding hit to a PR and then you have the best mechguns in the entire game hands down no questions asked.

Im sorry, but somebody had to real talk here and tell everyone that balancing involves nerfs. Not all nerfs or adjustments that are "negative" in nature are actually negative or bad for the game.

• Like 1