Ask a quick question, get a quick answer

To those of you with maxed Excals/Hundred Souls.

1. Shoulud I go Machine/Native or Machine/Dark? I kind of want to lean towards dark since they have more HP than native, but ep 2 has machine + native a lot, and it would probably help me kill those pesky zol Gibbons. Thoughts? (i'll probably just go native/machine)

Also

2. I am considering hundred souls instead of excal for my HUcaseal because of the raw ATP output. I wouldn't be using special, but strong attacks are insane w/ HS and crits will be even crazier. I wouldn't have to worry about low HP from excal's berserk special too. I haven't heard a hucassy use it though.

Bump. So I did #1 already, I went Native/Machine.

I am still unconvinced to turn it into a Hundred Souls. Hitting crit specials of 2.9k damage with excal is pretty nice, and I probably won't see that with Hundred Souls strong criticals.

Its a matter of trade offs, do I want an Excal to hit risky huge damage (1.7k damage and 2.9k crits on 2nd/3rd combo) losing my health points or do I want a Hundred Souls above average strong attacks (1.4k damage and crits of 2k+) that won't miss 99% of the time?

what class do you play?Ā 

i have 100 souls on my FOnewm and deal with n-s-s 500-800 / 1400-2000 / 1900-3400

Ā 

if youre a cast i would prefer excal

as human i prefer 100 souls c:

Is the common bank (bank between accounts a permanent bank? Do I have to use it to transfer items or can IĀ just store things in there when my bank is full?Ā 

6 minutes ago, BLACKR0B0T said:

Is the common bank (bank between accounts a permanent bank? Do I have to use it to transfer items or can IĀ just store things in there when my bank is full?Ā 

You can store things in it. Occasionally it can bug with certain things, especially mags. Super valuable items are not advised to be stored in it, but you should have screenshots of super valuable things anyway.

• Like 1

Just now, Fyrewolf5 said:

You can store things in it. Occasionally it can bug with certain things, especially mags. Super valuable items are not advised to be stored in it, but you should have screenshots of super valuable things anyway.

As proof, good call. Well I dont really have anything like that yet. But ill take screenshots neverĀ the less. Thanks

@BLACKR0B0T i make screens before each banking xD just for safety

Ā 

@saith, does gizonde merge affect the damage on vol opt? i know normaly its atp & % on machine but im wondering whats about tech%boost D: doesnt affect that the dmg too?

• Like 1

Saith, ATP math doesn't work like this does it? If I hit an enemy with the attribute % of 100% on the weapon... Say I change my excal to a hundred souls, this would give me 600 more base ATP, but with 100% attribute wouldn't that then add actually 1,200 more ATP to the stats? (I know the ATP variation is 300 for HS too, so it would be atleast an increase of 300 ATP + 300 (from 100%) ATP for low hits)

I mean to say the Hundred Souls itself gives 1,600 ATP as a weapon, so 100% attribute would give the weapon 3,200 total ATP? If that's the case, I might be inclined to use hundred souls and doing strong hits of 1,400 damage and crits of 2,400ish damage rather than the excal's 1,100 strong damage hits. Sorry this weapon choice keeps bugging me.

Looking at HUcaseal's damage tests from that thread

http://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/topic/26490-damage-comparison-of-weapons-charge-me-mechs-vs-charge-vulcs-100-souls-vs-excalibur-impact-of-sues-coat-damage-calculation-included/

Ā 

Hah, this is making me consider a HUneweral since they only have 70 less ATP at 200 than HUcassy, but has 20 shifta and can use Gush special. HUnewy's could be doing the damage of an Excal Special-Crit with that special alone, and her crits would be like 4k+ damage. Total insanity. And her TP would only be used for that, oh man.

Edited by velociti

Just now, yanvbraz said:

What is the fastest way to unlock Swordsman Lores? Which class to use, which quest to play, etc...

think saith said they were HU only, but not sure. BUT if it is hu only, id use huney or something and i do max attack s ep1 for unsealing, fastest for me. lel

Yes, Swordsman Lores are hunter only. You can equip a Hunewearl with a Rika's Claw (20% gi techs) and a Gifoie Merge (30% gifoie) or red merge(20% allfoies) or virus shield (20% gi), and spam some gifoie in normal realms of war or path to salvation or other monster spam heavy quest. You could also just equip something like an ultima reaper for the extra targets and kill pts enemies too.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Nightmare2.0 said:

saith can you replyĀ to my question above? D:

No, techboosts do not affect techs on vol opt in the first phase, so a gizonde merge will not help there (but the extra atp from a red ring / kasami bracer / other shield will add on to your atp). The only thing that matters is your atp (including the machine% on your weapon). Therefore, just equip your strongest weapon with the highest machine%, and a v801, and spam gizonde at the red screen, preferably using the quickmenu for 0delay casting.

Edited by Fyrewolf5
  • Like 2