Ask a quick question, get a quick answer

7 minutes ago, Fyrewolf5 said:

It is possible to use the same computer, however you will need two different game accounts(cannot log same account twice), and need to turn down the Windows User Account Control settings low enough that it doesn't dim the screen when launching a second instance of the client.

But they won't be able to play at same time ...

7 minutes ago, r-78 said:

But they won't be able to play at same time ...

They can with controllers. If properly set up, can use controllers to control each client separately regardless of which window is active. Just have to make sure only the correct controller is plugged in before launching it's respective pso client, and just unplug it while launching the second client so that only it's respective controller is plugged in at launch time.

e.g.
1. Plug Controller 1
2. Launch Client 1
3. Unplug Controller 1
4. Plug Controller 2
5. Launch Client 2
6. Replug Controller 1

Edited by Fyrewolf5

19 hours ago, Fyrewolf5 said:

They can with controllers. If properly set up, can use controllers to control each client separately regardless of which window is active. Just have to make sure only the correct controller is plugged in before launching it's respective pso client, and just unplug it while launching the second client so that only it's respective controller is plugged in at launch time.

e.g.
1. Plug Controller 1
2. Launch Client 1
3. Unplug Controller 1
4. Plug Controller 2
5. Launch Client 2
6. Replug Controller 1

OhĀ nice, Have you tried this before? I will try it either way but some feedback would be appreciatedĀ 

1 hour ago, uroyoan said:

OhĀ nice, Have you tried this before? I will try it either way but some feedback would be appreciatedĀ 

I do this every single day. It's how I can control two characters at the same time flawlessly.Ā 

36 minutes ago, yanvbraz said:

Hmm I got a PPP mag (0 DEF) and I am wanting to make a HUcast mag (0/185/15/0) with Twinz. And I'm planning to use a mag cell to make a Tellusis (not sure if that is possible). But yeah, I don't have any idea how I will achieve that (I mean, feeding the correct things to not increase the DEF). Anyone have a plan of what I should do to make this mag?

I tried this like 3 days ago, not possible to make a 0/185/15/0. I fed it nothing but monomates (nothing decreases a mags def lvls 0-10) and got 1/8/1/0. After which I asked saith is even 1/184/15/0 still possible (since it's still max atp for hucast) and he said no. I gave up even attempting after he said no

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yanvbraz said:

Hmm I got a PPP mag (0 DEF) and I am wanting to make a HUcast mag (0/185/15/0) with Twinz. And I'm planning to use a mag cell to make a Tellusis (not sure if that is possible). But yeah, I don't have any idea how I will achieve that (I mean, feeding the correct things to not increase the DEF). Anyone have a plan of what I should do to make this mag?

It's not possible to do that. If raising a mag from 5-200, the minimum dex on a pow mag with no extra def is 18, which is why I have a 6/178/16/0 mag listed as an option in my mat plans since gaining that 1 def let me squeeze the dex down 2 levels. If raising the mag from 0, then the minimum dex is going to be even higher than those metrics, I don't know exactly myself and am too lazy to work on the math right now, but probably can't raise those mags with less than 20+ dex at least.

On 12.6.2016 at 1:23 AM, Fyrewolf5 said:

e.g.
1. Plug Controller 1
2. Launch Client 1
3. Unplug Controller 1
4. Plug Controller 2
5. Launch Client 2
6. Replug Controller 1

to clear my question now.. does this work for wireless controller too? if i conect 3 to the same wireless stick? or do i need 3 separate sticks?

Ā I currently have 0 def mags turning into 4/181/15 tellusis. It is possible, maybe even 3 def with 182 pow.

Ā 

Also, how I do it I can't really say, not that I am unwilling to tell i just don't keep track of what I feed mags. monomates to 10, mix of antidotes and mono/dimates to 35, then dimates and sols to 50. Thats about as in depth as I can get though sorry :(

Edited by Justin Noble
  • Like 1

On 6/11/2016 at 7:23 PM, Fyrewolf5 said:

e.g.
1. Plug Controller 1
2. Launch Client 1
3. Unplug Controller 1
4. Plug Controller 2
5. Launch Client 2
6. Replug Controller 1

This is what I did:

IfĀ unplugging the controller I meansĀ removing the usb cable from the usb port in my laptop.

1. I plugged in controller 1, launched client set up my character and had him walk in the lobby(block 1).

2. Then I unplugged the controller and plugged in controller 2,Ā and launched the second client and left it in the log in screen.

3. I connected controller 1 and controller 1 was controlling both clients.

Did I miss something?

22 hours ago, ryukin said:

I do this every single day. It's how I can control two characters at the same time flawlessly.Ā 

How exactly did you get this to work? Could you help me.

Ā 

(side note)

What does steam mode mean?

2 minutes ago, uroyoan said:

What does steam mode mean?

In the launcher options?
You must have an old version because I removed that setting.
It was for the game to be able to get Steam's overlay but turned out to work without my workaround.

8 minutes ago, Soly said:

In the launcher options?
You must have an old version because I removed that setting.
It was for the game to be able to get Steam's overlay but turned out to work without my workaround.

Yea I just updated the launcher and its gone, Still, thanks for the answer. Now I just need help to do the control thing.

You plugged in controller 2 is the problem. The game only recognizes one, no matter the port. Yo control two characters do the same steps without plugging in the controller for the 2nd launch. Your controller will be only be able to move one character like that. To operate the 2nd window at the same time, you just make it the active window and use a program like Xpadder to map wsad to something like your right thumb stick. Your controller will still control the main window even though it's not selected, and have your 2nd character window selected you can press forward on left joystick, and once you mapped wsad to right joy stick press forward on that as well to run both characters at the same time. If you can't get it to work pm me and I'll go in more detail and help

So in my post before I wasn't 100% on if these would work, just pretty sure. I did manage to pull it off, there were two but one was just too close and I couldn't manage to get it to stay at 15 dex. so it is 4/X/16 now, so I may be able to use it to hit the stats on another class, who knows.Ā 

These are also done using force or hunter evolutions, if it is possible with a ranger or not I don't know, I try to avoid rangers as getting low dex with those mags is pretty hard/takes a really long time. The first 10 levels is done with monomates

tellusis test.jpg

Edited by Justin Noble

For pow/dex mags, ranger raised mags will be able to reach a lower minimum than hu/fo raised mags, but they will indeed be far more annoying and take much longer between 35-50. I really should quit being lazy and look at mathing out mags raised from lvl 0 to see what the difference in min/max potentials is.