Ideas to improve the server - feel free to post!

The issue with dmc, I believe, is that all the battle system is managed by the clients. I think I did test this out... It goes like:

- Wild monster appears with 2000 HP

- Player 1 deals 500 damage to the monster and tells the other players of it

- Player 2 deals 100 damage to the monster and tells the other players of it while receiving the damage dealt by Player 1

Here would be the issue, decide whether the monster will have 1900 (p2 own damage) or 1400 (both players damage combined) or it does 1900 (and sends to p1) then receive 1500 and the final health for p2 is 1500 but...

- Player 1 receives that the monster now has 1900 HP (from Player 2) and effectively cancelled 500 damage

So one shouldn't be able to DMC himself ?

One unrelated thing I've recently noticed in One Person mode is that the AoE seems to be a bit smaller there? I saw that during Restless Lion when I was casting Rafoie on big spawns and it didn't quite seem to hit enemies way "outside the edge" of the big explosion (the way it does in regular multi-mode). Also when trying to break crates in one of the rooms there with no enemies using Razonde.

I've noticed the same thing.

- Client 1 deals 500 damage to the monster and tells the server about it

- Client 2 deals 100 damage to the monster and tells the server about it, which is receiving the damage dealt by Player 1 in the meanwhile

- The server tells other players about Client 1 but ignore damage dealt by Client 2 ?

Is that because it happens at the same time and requests to the server are not queued ?

Like :

Player 1 request -> 500 damage send to the server

The server is processing "player 1 request"

Player 2 request-> damage send 100

Since the server is already processing the "player 1 request", the "player 2 request" get ignored

The server send to all players in the room the remaining hp of the monster (but the calculation only took player 1 request in account)

Is that kinda how it happens ?\

And another painful crucial question, is this bug on every PSO servers and was this bug already on Sega official server ?

Edited by Misombre

- Client 1 deals 500 damage to the monster and tells the server about it

- Client 2 deals 100 damage to the monster and tells the server about it, which is receiving the damage dealt by Player 1 in the meanwhile

- The server tells other players about Client 1 but ignore damage dealt by Client 2 ?

Is that because it happens at the same time and requests to the server are not queued ?

Like :

Since the server is already processing the "player 1 request", the "player 2 request" get ignored

The server send to all players in the room the remaining hp of the monster (but the calculation only took player 1 request in account)

And another painful crucial question, is this bug on every PSO servers and was this bug already on Sega official server ?

I personally feel like it's not actually a bug but a way to prevent creatures from dying to fast. Sodaboys server was able to take it out which is another reason to think its there for a reason

The server doesn't "process" damage... As I said, battle is handled between clients.

The server of course peeks the "damage" to know how much was dealt, and I don't think the server itself ignores other players messages. But I don't think the server can tell other players about a "new" monster health which would at least sync the monsters even if the clients still do dmc

To me this sounds like the bank database problem. If damage is handled the way you were describing earlier, it would be extremely hard to remove dmc, as it isn't really something put in so much as a consequence of a meathod used.

@Lemon

I believe it's far from being "extremely difficult". However it would certainly required a bunch of time and work to get it done properly.

@Soly

Ok so in that case the server is just here as a link between users. It's such a naive/genius way of handling things I would've never think about it.

@Soly

Ok so in that case the server is just here as a link between users. It's such a naive/genius way of handling things I would've never think about it.

Exactly.... the server just passes along the stuff.

Do you know the format that damage is passed in? If it includes current hp and new hp, then removing dmc would be much easier.

Psudocode:

y = getRoomId()

msg = receiveDamageInfoFromClient()

x = msg.MobID

currentHp = msg.CurrentHp

newHp = msg.NewHp

room[y]->monster[x].currentHp += newHp - currentHp // damage done. should come out as a negative number

send(room[y]->monster[x].currentHp)

That way, the server keeps track of each mob's hp. Not sure how this would work for healing enemies though.

But I don't think the server can tell other players about a "new" monster health

The server keeps track of monsters health and lots of things... but as I said, I don't think the server can tell the clients a new monster HP

you know I wondered why haven't you guys haven't added mst to buffs? let me make this clear. I mean mst buff to s/d and debuffs to j/d. what im thinkin is shifta gets a mst dam buff in addition to att boost, deband increases resistances and def boost. jellen would lower enemy att and mst dam, and zalure would lower enemy resist and def. I say this because 1. pso is horribly unbalanced when it comes to the entirety of this game. 2. is extremely biased to forces in general forcing(lol) them to a lot if the times just be heal and buff/debuff bots. even the most op weps is still not enough. apparently my idea is taboo around the boards but hopefully somebody understand me lol

you know I wondered why haven't you guys haven't added mst to buffs? let me make this clear. I mean mst buff to s/d and debuffs to j/d. what im thinkin is shifta gets a mst dam buff in addition to att boost, deband increases resistances and def boost. jellen would lower enemy att and mst dam, and zalure would lower enemy resist and def. I say this because 1. pso is horribly unbalanced when it comes to the entirety of this game. 2. is extremely biased to forces in general forcing(lol) them to a lot if the times just be heal and buff/debuff bots. even the most op weps is still not enough. apparently my idea is taboo around the boards but hopefully somebody understand me lol

There have been many attempts to fix this (e.g. lindcray, glide v00, etc). I believe that it is much better than it could be. I don't see how adding scaling to s/d/j/z will help that at all. In fact, it will weaken other classes s/d/j/z and make Force the only one's that are useful for that. Further pigeonholing them.

So one shouldn't be able to DMC himself ?

I've noticed the same thing.

Actually you can dmc yourself, it's just a lot harder since it is difficult to hit a monster twice at the same time. It often takes doing something that is delayed damage, like a trap going off without shooting it, or using gifoie and then another tech as it hits the monster.

As for the restless lion issue, idk when it started occurring but it was not always like that, and it doesn't happen in other one player quests. For some reason in restless lion now it seems like only using the base range of the spell or something, idk why. I've tested other one player quests and the range is fine, and I remember restless lion being normal before, so idk what happened.

@ragtag MST is the least important factor of tech damage, it doesn't do all that much. Even if there were a way to make s/d affect it, it would not make much of a difference anyway.

Edited by Fyrewolf5

. lol I wish I known that earlier. know that I think about it, yeah it makes sense. even if you were to buff them how so and how much?

Edited by Ragtag26

Is it possible to have server commands to toggle the BGM and SE ON/OFF?

That would really be helpful !

Sometimes I want to listen to some music and keep the SE but I have to restart the game(s) to do so ...

Also I suggest a command that could display your Card List's current online players.

• Like 1