Ideas to improve the server - feel free to post!

Would it be possible to host happy hours three times a day during different time zones?  My reasoning behind this is the community is diverse amongst all time zones and some of us work or have other obligations that permit us from jumping on when HH is magically turned on.   For example approximately 4 hours ago EST at 12:00 PM HH was turned on,  at this time most of us on EST are ether at work or out in about with another obligation and therefore were not able to participate.   Prima time for EST is between 6 PM and 11 PM which is approximately 2-5 hours from now.   

I was just using my time zone as an example.   It would be nice if HH was hosted 3 times a day in different time zones, this would ensure everyone gets an opportunity to take advantage of it.   If not all year round possible just during events.  :)  Even if it was only during an hour for each instance of HH,  it would still be beneficial to the players who cant be online all the time.   This would also give opportunity for players who missed the first HH to participate in the next HH .   

My Proposal is to shorten HH from 3  hours to 1-2 hours and offer it more times a day.   I broke down the time zones  based off of the EST which would cover world time.

Possible HH schedule

• 9 to 11 AM EST
  • 5 to 7 PM EST
  • 1 to 3 AM EST 

These are set up in intervals of 8 hours from the start time of each other.  

These are just my thoughts and there will be no hard feelings if my suggestion get turned down :)

I think happy hour requires the admin and/or mod oversight so a regular schedule would essentially mean round the clock planning and task assignment. It’s not necessarily feasible for people working on a volunteer basis. That’s why there was an appreciation thread for the HH filled weekend a fortnight ago. A consistent HH schedule would be nice but unless there was a way to automate the process, it would require more manpower.

5 hours ago, RedDingo said:

I think happy hour requires the admin and/or mod oversight so a regular schedule would essentially mean round the clock planning and task assignment. It’s not necessarily feasible for people working on a volunteer basis. That’s why there was an appreciation thread for the HH filled weekend a fortnight ago. A consistent HH schedule would be nice but unless there was a way to automate the process, it would require more manpower.

I couldnt agree more *wink wink*  lol

A stickied public changelog would be nice.

Saith mentioned to me a while back that the Angel Harp had been buffed, but there was nothing around to actually suggest to a wider audience that it had been. Additionally, with the SS nerf, it'd be good to see what has been changed without players having to find it all out themselves.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Harvest said:

Additionally, hire a community admin.

This person should co-ordinate with all the staff members and be the main mouthpiece for official info.

How would that solve anything if they don't know what's going on either?

• Haha 3

What about a NPC that would trade your items for items of same value ?

What I mean there is that every single items could be on different pools depending on their rarity (so no VARISTA to DARK METEOR for example...) and when you trade your item, you get another item from the same pool.

It would be restricted in number of usages, cooldown of 1 month or it would have a cost...

Hope ya like dis idea :D

On 7/29/2019 at 3:44 PM, Harvest said:

Additionally, hire a community admin.

This person should co-ordinate with all the staff members and be the main mouthpiece for official info.

This is something I could do, but there’s not many changes especially not as often as you’d imagine. I THINK I probably announced the last changes besides SS months ago lmao. 

Edited by Saber +7
  • Haha 1
  • Dw 2

11 minutes ago, Saber +7 said:

This is something I could do, but there’s not many changes especially not as often as you’d imagine. I THINK I probably announced the last changes besides SS months ago lmao. 

I think you quoted the wrong post, but assuming you meant the changelog, yeah, it's not something that would have to be updated often. Admittedly, I'd personally like it to include new items, and when items do get changed, whoever did the change updates it so it's not a massive clusterfunk of people trying to find out what changed.

When SS was changed, there was a huge chat in our discord as people went to test what classes it could still be used on, whether the stats had changed, whether the range had changed. And even then, the gun was different to what was intended, being accidentally locked from HU. If that info was added to a public log, there'd be a lot less confusion on the topic.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Harvest said:

I think you quoted the wrong post, but assuming you meant the changelog, yeah, it's not something that would have to be updated often. Admittedly, I'd personally like it to include new items, and when items do get changed, whoever did the change updates it so it's not a massive clusterfunk of people trying to find out what changed.

When SS was changed, there was a huge chat in our discord as people went to test what classes it could still be used on, whether the stats had changed, whether the range had changed. And even then, the gun was different to what was intended, being accidentally locked from HU. If that info was added to a public log, there'd be a lot less confusion on the topic.

I mean there’s this. 

I haven’t added serene swan yet. It’s accurate and lists the big changes you’re looking for probably. I suppose I can start doing this at least on the discord though .

5 hours ago, Saber +7 said:

I mean there’s this. 

I really thought I posted that, I guess I forgot to hit "Submit Reply" xD

• Like 2

20 hours ago, R-78 said:

I really thought I posted that, I guess I forgot to hit "Submit Reply" xD

I can’t tell you how many times I do this, but it happens all too frequently.

• Like 1

Is it possible to add new double saber type weapons that Fomars (and forces in general) can use?  Right now I kinda feel like the only really good ones are Double Saber with hit (which isn't that powerful) and an Excaliber which is hard to get with hit.

11 minutes ago, wufiei said:

Is it possible to add new double saber type weapons that Fomars (and forces in general) can use?  Right now I kinda feel like the only really good ones are Double Saber with hit (which isn't that powerful) and an Excaliber which is hard to get with hit.

Excalibur isn’t a Doubel Saber. There’s 3 “good” Double Saber type weapons. Twin Brand which has so many utilities you’d be surprised. Black King Bar which is also fun in my opinion. Lastly Inferno Girasole which is a decent DPS weapon. I don’t think a new one is necessary.