Wilsons Final Time Attack Event

Saber +7

Event Quest Selection  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which quests would you like to see featured during this event?

• Mop-Up #3, Malicious Uprising #3, New Mop-Up #3
    • Max Attack 1C, Max Attack 2C, Max Attack 4C
    • Christmas Fiasco 1, Cal's Clock Challenge, Realms of War

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/15/2020 at 04:00 AM

2 hours ago, Saber +7 said:

In regards to everyone else that's just shit posting here, I don't really understand well because most of you did not participate and had no problems with the rule set until after the fact. Y'all should've participated because there are enough triforce members to have put together at least 1 or 2 squads. All the sudden the issue is gone and there'd be a proper winner. I am still shocked that none of you were interested in the prize pool. 

Starting to sound an awful lot like Emewn right now.

• Dislike 5
  • Haha 1

It's strange to me that out of all of this It's still somehow Triforce's fault your event never had a stronger presence? I have a family and a young daughter I did not have time to put towards this TA and to be honest I am very glad I didn't. You should probably funnel that resentment into something more positive like figuring out how to reward those that not only took part in this event but blew the times out of the water with synergy and not using the so called Meta HUcast. Congrats to the winners and new Kings and Queens of Ultima TA. 

PS: @Starlord this was what I commenting on if you are confused. 

Y'all should've participated because there are enough triforce members to have put together at least 1 or 2 squads. All the sudden the issue is gone and there'd be a proper winner. I am still shocked that none of you were interested in the prize pool. 

Edited by C01D1
Starlord was confused
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, JADE said:

I just wanted to say that a 4 player TA is difficult to coordinate. I personally tried to make a submission. I joined 2 different teams. Unfortunately, do to life and work, things did not work out. I thought at the beginning of this event that UPS was the only team on the server who even had a chance at having enough people that were able to play together for enough time to make a submission in such a short amount of time.

Even in our own team, where most are in the same country, it was still difficult to get 4 players to participate because of conflicting schedules and family/jobs obligations. I can't imagine how difficult it would be for a team like Triforce or Terror where everyone is in different time zones and have responsibilities of their own.

Edited by bobshlibidich
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Saber +7 said:

That is indeed a very long post and probably the best one on this thread. If I was going to lock this I already would've y'all are free to destroy this topic as much as y'all want. I suppose I will give a final reply addressing as many of R78s points as possible.

I am going to busy for at least the next few months. I only am playing a little bit of PSO at the moment, and have no interest in working with something like this in that time frame. I also wanted to dump all my Ultima items by now as well (in a way I feel/felt was/is worthy). I also was interested in participating in my own event and was trying to but we had issues. I would have dumped the items to the other 3 if we won. 

I am not interested in a middle ground really. I wanted one (only one set) of players to receive every item of value on my accounts. 

I view my items as a collection and am not interested in breaking it up in more than 4P and even 4P is already spreading it thin. If y'all feel so strongly about receiving something for the time y'all spent feel free to take the remainder of my DTs. I truly wish this had turned into a true competition because that's what it was intended to be. Never in Ultima has a prize pool so large ever been up for grabs (maybe 2011 65 DT custom items is the only rival) and I wanted to see competition in the hunt for the prize. I am still fairly blown away that not a single other group of 4 was able to submit something as the items are extremely unique and valuable here.

Your runs certainly blow all old times out of the water and that in itself is impressive to me, they're clean for the time given and amount practiced. It's no doubt they're done in style I do not value and that's no secret. The quest pool was voted on by the players. I didn't chose it. I included 3 selections of what I felt were easy, medium, and hard quests. The time frame for the event was posted in tandem with the poll so perhaps the voters should have considered the difficulty in relation to the time allowed (I know you didn't vote). This event was supposed to be in my opinion particularly freeing to the players. They could chose the quest, play with any team, and didn't even have to actually have gear because the test server was an option. 

I know 4P is hard to get and that's why I/we were unable to participate.  RoW is probably the hardest quest on PSO and anyone who clears it should feel at least a little happy. The list of players to clear is fairly small in the grand scheme. 

The rule was there and no one really gripped much about it at the time. I do admit I did not think of the influence the rule would've had on voting if it was there, but I have a slight feeling the outcome would be the same.

I waited to add the rule because I had not thought of it until after the initial posting. I know it's not the case but imagine if only one or two teams posted and they just barely cleared each of these quests and all the sudden I reigning a poor set of runs the ultimate prize. That just isn't what this event was intended to be. The desired outcome was at the minimum mildly competitive times and back n forth between teams making improvements.  

I did think about the minimum waves cleared and enemies killed thing, but there's so many videos of clears of these quests combined with test server that I ultimately decided players SHOULD be finishing these runs. 

I hadn't thought of this rules impact on votes, and that's definitely a mistake. I do have a feeling that the outcome would still be the same as people seemingly picked the hardest quest line without considering: difficulty, time, or rule-set. So why would they have considered the submission minimum. Additionally most of these voters didn't even participate so they care even less about the rule. I know there were a few people looking to that just couldn't compile a full group, and that blows. 

I want to give away my entire collection to a group of players that were able to truly compete. Not a subset of items or single items, but the whole thing. I know y'all posted your runs, but no one else did which pretty much just fucks y'all. I didn't and don't feel satisfied giving any number of items unless the conditions were met and the winners were proper. 

I wouldn't be happy. 

I doubt there will ever be another TA event here (especially by me). Even with the most absurd of prizes the participation was nearly non-existent. 

You're right it is supposed to be done when a record is set, but being first on the leaderboard is typically the only reward for setting a record. Chemistry certainly isn't a reward though. The rules indicated from the start that there was a possibility no prizes were given. It's unfortunate that's what happened, but it did. 

It is supposed to be all or nothing because I do not want to think about my normal mode items any longer. I don't want to just hand them out in conditions I'm not comfortable with and the conditions I was/am comfortable with were laid out from the start. I do not want to split this stuff between an abundance of people because it becomes less and less useful each time you take items for it and it's supposed to be a "full TA set" and even splitting it among 4 players is tough. 

I don't like 2nd, 3rd, or 4th place because those are all still losing places. I added a 2nd place "prize" just so that I could empty my DTs as well. 

The value gap is intended. 

It is true the rule was there from the beginning and like I said I am really surprised no one else tried. 

3. is the biggest point I will concede to, but I think the points I made about it are semi-valid. I chose this duration and prize division for my own reasons even if they dumb to others.

I will only offer those DTs but they are nothing compared to what was up for grabs. Sorry. 

Well done on getting into and being the only team to actually submit, and I am sorry that no one else did. At the minimum my team should've put something together.

In regards to everyone else that's just shit posting here, I don't really understand well because most of you did not participate and had no problems with the rule set until after the fact. Y'all should've participated because there are enough triforce members to have put together at least 1 or 2 squads. All the sudden the issue is gone and there'd be a proper winner. I am still shocked that none of you were interested in the prize pool. 

Like  I said I will not lock the topic and y'all are free to shit in it all you want, and I really won't be replying after this because like Shiida said this is a pretty ample summary of the issues and my thoughts about them.

Just wanted to say that, with all the things going on around this topic (It's kind of somehow starting to look like one of those dramas In the server, though this one Is understandable ._.) [No offense :'D], don't let It get to you to a depth level =]

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

@Saber +7 Changing the rules mid event is really scummy. I get that you feel like you didn't get what you wanted, but you know what happens on eBay when the highest bid is $0.99? The bidder gets the item for $0.99. Sometimes things don't work out the way you want. Don't be cheap about it.

Hiding behind the excuse of "keeping your items as a set" is BS and you know it. The winners should get something. You lost all my respect with this event. GL with the rest of your life.

9 hours ago, Smoochum said:

@Saber +7 Changing the rules mid event is really scummy. I get that you feel like you didn't get what you wanted, but you know what happens on eBay when the highest bid is $0.99? The bidder gets the item for $0.99. Sometimes things don't work out the way you want. Don't be cheap about it.

Hiding behind the excuse of "keeping your items as a set" is BS and you know it. The winners should get something. You lost all my respect with this event. GL with the rest of your life.

The rules did not change mid event. It was an additional rule added before runs started. Y’all should at least read before posting. 

Triforce has pulled together and have pulled together and will donate 1 PBC 1 Serene Swan 1 1 BBS 1 MRHK 1 Halo Rappy Soul 1 Stellar Shard 1 40 Hit Outlaw Star 1 Glide Divine V. 0.0 1 HRC 1 Trap Search 1 V502 and 40 PDs (10 each) 

Shoutout to Onyxdude TheIronSheik Sinowneo and (myself lol) . If anyone else out there has some stuff to donate go for it they deserve it. @R-78

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, C01D1 said:

Triforce has pulled together and have pulled together and will donate 1 PBC 1 Serene Swan 1 1 BBS 1 MRHK 1 Halo Rappy Soul 1 Stellar Shard 1 40 Hit Outlaw Star 1 Glide Divine V. 0.0 1 HRC 1 Trap Search 1 V502 and 40 PDs (10 each) 

Shoutout to Onyxdude TheIronSheik Sinowneo and (myself lol) . If anyone else out there has some stuff to donate go for it they deserve it. @R-78

I'm going to donate some stuff too the pool, but i can only be available in about 5-6 hours from now

Edited by jezbuz
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Yannv said:

I'm going to donate 2x Photon Spheres that can be splitted into 45 PDs per player.

There's even budget for that?

Or, what happens to the remaining 18 PDs? 

:onion-head65::onion105:

• Like 1
  • Dw 2

6 hours ago, C01D1 said:

5 hours ago, Yannv said:

I'm going to donate 2x Photon Spheres that can be splitted into 45 PDs per player.

4 hours ago, jezbuz said:

I'm going to donate some stuff too the pool, but i can only be available in about 5-6 hours from now

Univers-PS has decided to decline the offer. It is adorable but we can't accept the gifts.

Know that our team really appreciates the move here, and we are very grateful to you. 

Thank you all for the kind intentions! All the support is good enough as a gift. ^_^

• Like 7