Ideas to improve the server - feel free to post!

I hope this doesn't get me banned but maybe implement similar drop-boosting measures like Ephinea's Anguish, Lucky Day, and Boost System maybe? I know it might seem unoriginal and probably requires a lot of programming but that level of interactivity can be refreshing.

3 hours ago, R-78 said:

I get your point, but X2 is too much.

I will take a numerical example to make it easier to understand.
Let's assume PGF is 1/300 and an RT run takes 20 minutes to do.
You'd have to play in average 6000 minutes so 100 hours with drop rate X1 to get the thing.
With drop rate X2, it would take half of that: 50 hours.
With our current system, how many hours of Happy hours would you have to catch to actually get it in an average of 50 hours (3000 minutes)?

• 3000 = hh_time_played + normal_time_played                      (total time played)
  • 6000 = hh_time_played * 3 + normal_time_played             (playtime required to get PGF)

=>

• 3000 = hh_time_played + normal_time_played
  • 3000 = hh_time_played * 2                                        (playtime required to get PGF) - (total time played)

=>

• normal_time_played = 1500
  • hh_time_played = 1500
  no numbers (Reveal hidden contents)

(normal_time_played + hh_time_played) * 2 = hh_time_played * 3 + normal_time_played
=> 2 * normal_time_played = hh_time_played + normal_time_played
=> normal_time_played = hh_time_played

Means half the time you are playing should be during happy hours so that it is as efficient as if you play the same amount of time with permanent X2.
Even if the HH were correctly split, I doubt any regular player could catch HH in half their playtime.
So a X2 permanent rate would be kinda broken.

I honestly have no preference, I know lot of people like the HH system so they can limit their time spent on the game by just playing during the HHs and focus on their main hunt, I also know lots of people would rather have your system so they can hunt whenever they want with no unequality.

The very good point about your system is that we get rid of the "bad repartition of HHs in the world" issue for good.

you can just if you 2x on but a little 90min (normal HH is 180min)

@RedDingo As much as Ephinea's Anguish modes are by their % adjustments, they are never used anymore because of how they were basically decapitated by the staff. I play on Ephi quite regularly and I looked forward for the Anguish games until they did what they did with it. The luck system is super minor and likely wouldn't bend much here at all. Plus HH is a thing and comparing that to a luck system is like comparing a car to a banana. Then thirdly, the HBR from Ephinea. Something like that on this server would be quaintly interesting--especially with the vast amounts of quests we have here. The issue is the abuse that can be dealt from the sheer monster count we have which I assume is designed to keep up with the gear we have in the end-game.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

A suggestion and thought I'd like to share:

About the DAR (This may have been mentioned before). I think having the rate stay the same regardless of player count would be amazing. I feel that since all quests can't be done on solo mode (Outside of solo quests), you are rewarded for working multi-mode 1P to hunt whatever items you're hunting for. More players ideally means the run will be made faster and easier so some kind of adjustment is there to balance what drops. That does create an issue where the thought of a dwindling DAR segregates players into wanting the best DAR possible, and thus, makes more solo runs appear. Again, HH is also a thing and would probably make 4P runs absolutely broken.

Dunno what the thought of having a flat 100% DAR rate regardless of player count is here. Thought I would just share this little bit with everyone ^^

40 minutes ago, Amaranthine said:

@RedDingo As much as Ephinea's Anguish modes are by their % adjustments, they are never used anymore because of how they were basically decapitated by the staff. I play on Ephi quite regularly and I looked forward for the Anguish games until they did what they did with it. The luck system is super minor and likely wouldn't bend much here at all. Plus HH is a thing and comparing that to a luck system is like comparing a car to a banana. Then thirdly, the HBR from Ephinea. Something like that on this server would be quaintly interesting--especially with the vast amounts of quests we have here. The issue is the abuse that can be dealt from the sheer monster count we have which I assume is designed to keep up with the gear we have in the end-game.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

A suggestion and thought I'd like to share:

About the DAR (This may have been mentioned before). I think having the rate stay the same regardless of player count would be amazing. I feel that since all quests can't be done on solo mode (Outside of solo quests), you are rewarded for working multi-mode 1P to hunt whatever items you're hunting for. More players ideally means the run will be made faster and easier so some kind of adjustment is there to balance what drops. That does create an issue where the thought of a dwindling DAR segregates players into wanting the best DAR possible, and thus, makes more solo runs appear. Again, HH is also a thing and would probably make 4P runs absolutely broken.

Dunno what the thought of having a flat 100% DAR rate regardless of player count is here. Thought I would just share this little bit with everyone ^^

The idea of flat rate DAR regardless of player count has been tossed around before. I personally like the idea and I don’t believe it’s hard to implement its ultimately up to @Larva if he thinks it’s fair. I think the  way it is now definitely punishes playing together and that’s lame. I’d also like a daily quest/hbr type deal but that is also up to the big man. 

I’ve always suggested currently and in the past a kill counter for events. Let them lazy folks meet it. If they really want it they will play to meet the kill counter to unlock x2. Some servers for big events have that and motivate the individual to grind it out to reach it so they can unlock the extra boost and still have a week or two maybe more of the event left to grind specifically for their desired items. I barely catch any HH myself and have been able to find way more than I need. I also am embarrassed to say how many hours I’ve spent grinding this game. But at the end of the day the game is supposed to be grindy. Me myself I’ve suggested getting rid of HH because it makes the player lazy and entitled. Which showing the current events shows to be right. I’ve gone multiple years without finding big ticket items, I’ve been disappointed as well and I’ve spent almost 5 years in this place. Never found an STA. 

anyways hope they find a solution to keep everyone happy 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Triforce event idea...

A saber (with ancient saber skin) called Kokiri sword

Mag cell/Mag named Navi

Sword-type called Biggoron sword (high atp but combo locked?)

what are the community's thoughts on that? 

Edited by jsiordia93
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, jsiordia93 said:

Triforce event idea...

A saber (with ancient saber skin) called Kokiri sword

Mag cell/Mag named Navi

Sword-type called Biggoron sword (high atp but combo locked?)

what are the community's thoughts on that? 

probably must ppl will tell you that there's already too many triforce items.

I can certainly see people saying that, I figured if there was ever a rotation or new batch of items to come out it would be a start lol 

if I had a pick of those three id say the navi mag over anything

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, jsiordia93 said:

I can certainly see people saying that, I figured if there was ever a rotation or new batch of items to come out it would be a start lol 

if I had a pick of those three id say the navi mag over anything

I am a big fan of something like a new mag coming out. They don’t impact gameplay too much and are pretty cool as a visual if we get it right. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/24/2019 at 5:39 PM, Damian Lazcano said:

Hola, quería proponer el cambio en la Skin a este ítem. 

https://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/wiki/item/&id=0102AA

La verdad que hay muchos Skin de Animales en los escudos nuevos. Seria mas provechoso si pudieran hacer uso de otras SKIN mas llamativas y que se vean mas atractivas a los personajes. 

Como estos Ej: 

1:  https://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/wiki/item/&id=010250

2:  https://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/wiki/item/&id=010251

3:  https://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/wiki/item/&id=010295

Eso, muchas gracias por leer. 

English

Hello, I wanted to propose the change in the Skin to this item.

https://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/wiki/item/&id=0102AA

The truth is that there are many Animal Skin in the new shields. It would be more helpful if they could make use of other more striking SKINs and make them look more attractive to the characters.

How are you Ex:

1:  https://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/wiki/item/&id=010250

2:  https://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/wiki/item/&id=010251

3:  https://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/wiki/item/&id=010295

That, thank you very much for reading.

Realizo un Update de la petición. Espero y se este considerando algunos cambios. Gracias :D 

I update the request. I hope and some changes are being considered. Thank you :D 

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Saber +7 said:

What do people think of making lobby 1 into the Dreamcast V2 lobby which is very similar to lobby 11? It makes making games much quicker and it's a change of scenery.

I’m a dreamcast player and there was nothing that made me happier 😊😊

it's an awesome idea

👌👌