Ideas to improve the server - feel free to post!

7 hours ago, Lemon said:

I kind of like this idea, but instead of making them a strictly weaker version, maybe give them a little more atp than the original and something like 5 ata.  That way they're similar, but different enough that you might want them if you already have the dark cycle.

Yeah this was just sort of a rough draft to see what other players might think about it. Could always do something like what you said too or take these weaker versions and build in some kind of stat boosts like RR gets or how some armors get attack speed buffs. Seems like it has been a while since new items have been introduced and it would be something fun to work on adding as a community while getting something new and useful to hunt and use. Another thing I was thinking of was maybe a cent/battle like force unit called v802 that adds 80-110% tech cast speed and reduce tech cost by 15% or something.

v802 has been suggested a bunch here.  However we currently don't have the technology to do that on this server.  If you want to figure out how to do it, I can give you some pointers (pun intended) xD.

Ah, I didn't know that lol. I'm more of an idea person I don't know the first thing about programming, other than html and stuff. I'll just stick to the original idea of alternative dark weapons for now :P 

Can we do something about certain "impossible" drops? There's a few that come to mind that I feel could use a revision or a straight up replacement. 

Here's what I mean by impossible/bullshit drops:

ITEM                 EP/DIF     MONSTER          ID             RATE

Psycho Wand          Ult EP1    Bull Claw        Yellowboze    	1/233016
Psycho Wand          Ult EP1    Gran Sorcerer    Skyly/Redria  	1/299593
Psycho Wand          Ult EP2    Sinow Zele       Pinkal	        1/299593
Heaven Punisher      Ult EP1    Crimson Assasin  Yellowboze     1/190650
Heaven Punisher      Ult EP1    Sinow Blue       Whitil         1/174762
Heaven Punisher      Ult Ep1    Sinow Red        Viridia        1/190650
DB's Saber 3077      Ult EP2    El Rappy         Whitil         1/10082
Agito 1975           Ult EP2    Migium           Skyly          1/22405
Angel Harp           Ult EP2    Gibbles          Greenil        1/12603
DB's Saber 3064      Ult EP2    Dolmdarl         Purplenum      1/28807
Flowen's Sword 3077  Ult EP2    Sinow Zoa        Pinkal         1/33608
Heart of Poumn       Ult EP2    Del Lily         Yellowboze     1/249660

These are just a few examples found within the drop table. These drops are so low that it's completely pointless to even have them. Either A: They are next to impossible to get or B: Found elsewhere at a much much much higher rate (Heart of Poumn for example be found at 1/2 instead of 1/249660)

I understand that some of these rates are vanilla rates and haven't been touched ever, but the server has seen a few rate/source revisions to many of the items found on the table, yet these sources remain touched. Why even have drops in the first place if they're this low? The items listed aren't even that good, at least when compared to their respective drop rates.

My suggestion would be to either:

• A: Replace these drops outright with event items at a decreased rate (ie: one third of the rates that the event had them in)
  • B: Replace these drops with other vanilla event items at a more reasonable rate (ie: 1/1024 Heart Key)
  • C: Replace these drops with another item found year-round at much more reasonable rates
  • D: Revise the drop rates to match the item's overall effectiveness/utility/power/value/whatever
  • E: Lower the drop rate drastically to (nearly) match other sources in order for them to be viable
  • Like 6

There are many other items in that case such as Lavis cannon and Syncesta and sad thing is that you don't even get a banner when you get them at those rates.

So yes I am definitely for it.

(though rates would have to be pretty bad if we come to put event items instead, because that's the point of events)

18 minutes ago, R-78 said:

rates would have to be pretty bad if we come to put event items instead, because that's the point of events

that's why mentioned the one third of the original event item drop rate. For example, if Lindcray was 1/1024, make the non-event drop 1/3072

I know what you meant, thanks.

Divine Punishment Unit

Makes all wep specials Divine Punishment.

You know.. For the river of tears and maximum troll.

Serious suggestion: Recolour Ultra Rares (EG Banner Rares) Boxes to Purple or another colour that doesn't exist currently

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Grantz said:

Serious suggestion: Recolour Ultra Rares (EG Banner Rares) Boxes to Purple or another colour that doesn't exist currently

That's most likely not possible or at least easy enough to be worth it. Instead you can enable minimap Dots of these super Rares and edit the text file so say if or rr or wd show as purple on your minimap. But really why bother with all of this use a floor reader you see what drops even if team mates are in a different room killings things. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, O9B066 said:

That's most likely not possible or at least easy enough to be worth it. Instead you can enable minimap Dots of these super Rares and edit the text file so say if or rr or wd show as purple on your minimap. But really why bother with all of this use a floor reader you see what drops even if team mates are in a different room killings things. 

Can you link floor reader? Keep meaning to install it!

Yeah not really game changing but thought it may be easy to do just as an extra novelty/mega hype when you see a purple box. Also before your post I only found out about floor reader recently so it would be cool for people like me that weren't in the know. But if it's not really simple then I can see why it's not been done and not worth the time investing compared to other things like event item skins.

Sort "Today's Birthdays" by most recent visit.  Active players are getting buried under accounts that haven't logged on in 6 years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Lemon said:

Sort "Today's Birthdays" by most recent visit.  Active players are getting buried under accounts that haven't logged on in 6 years.

Not sure if that's possible.
It only has "automatic hide" as options