Ultima has perished

The ideas in this thread are pretty much all trash lol

happy hours need to go and are part of the reason no one plays regularly and generally have moved to other servers

regarding another ship… if not even the most populated server with like 30x more active players can actually sustain a classic mode / new ship no shot we could

Edited by Saber +7
  • Dislike 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/9/2023 at 5:59 PM, Saber +7 said:

The ideas in this thread are pretty much all trash lol

happy hours need to go and are part of the reason no one plays regularly and generally have moved to other servers

regarding another ship… if not even the most populated server with like 30x more active players can actually sustain a classic mode / new ship no shot we could

I disagree and we can agree to disagree. 

I will say this though, I've noticed any time someone has new ideas for the server or when people in the community pipe up and ask about changes, you disagree and say something negative... Maybe you enjoy the lifeless state of the community and want it to fail. Who knows.

That's just my take.

Edited by LilJack
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, LilJack said:

I disagree and we can agree to disagree. 

I will say this though, I've noticed any time someone has new ideas for the server or when people in the community pipe up and ask about changes, you disagree and say something negative... Maybe you enjoy the lifeless state of the community and want it to fail. Who knows.

That's just my take.

Probably cause I’m one of the few people here that pay attention to PSO as a whole rather than only the literal tiny bubble that Ultima is. 

Most players here have sub 1000 hours on this game and literally 0 hours on a server that is clearly doing things right. 

You probably have no idea that I recently attempted to lead a community driven overhaul plan because I am one of the few people larva will reply to via personal messages. That plan included ideas that main “pillars” of the community and ALL GMs thought were valid. Of course it was stomped out at the top, but most folks here don’t even know what they don’t know on a list like that because they’re only privy to Ultima which at this point is nearing 7 years behind the times. 

Edited by Saber +7

On 11/2/2023 at 8:51 AM, theancientsam said:

we just need one of yall to make some shorts on tiktok or something to advertise and we would have players pretty easy imo. the players we do get from time to time dont stick around very long though and im not exactly sure what the issue is. perhaps its because we give them too much free stuff. then again i gave capt kidd some free stuff when he started and he is still with us so idk. thoughts? is it because larva does not start events on time? is it because of the events people are turned off? should we have a secondary method of obtaining event items like a weekly mini event? 

Me and my bro have discusses the same thing. Advertising would work imo. Anytime I tell people about PSO they're captivated by it. I've put several people onto pso and someone put me onto it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Saber +7 said:

Probably cause I’m one of the few people here that pay attention to PSO as a whole rather than only the literal tiny bubble that Ultima is. 

Most players here have sub 1000 hours on this game and literally 0 hours on a server that is clearly doing things right. 

You probably have no idea that I recently attempted to lead a community driven overhaul plan because I am one of the few people larva will reply to via personal messages. That plan included ideas that main “pillars” of the community and ALL GMs thought were valid. Of course it was stomped out at the top, but most folks here don’t even know what they don’t know on a list like that because they’re only privy to Ultima which at this point is nearing 7 years behind the times. 

If you know so much,

Again, why are we continuing to do nothing it seems. We aren't even trying.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Saber +7 said:

Did your plan give an alternate way to monetize.  Not many would give up a couple thousand per year extra side hustle.  Family, kids and bills > everything.  

As a new player to the server, so far i've enjoyed the exp boost, the happy hours and just the general generosity of older players. But one issue I definitely ran into was the rather dramatic jump between ultimate and Vhard. I've never played on a server or the og where the difference was so bad. I'm nearly 120 and unless i have a 200 player support, im stuck to playing vhard. I don't have much time to play due to life in general so this is quite the issue for someone like me. To be fair, I've had a number of 200's really help me out with gear and their time but i also like to progress at my own pace but there's no real means to do so as far as i've seen. It was said earlier in this thread but i'd put a heavy vote down for having an og mode. 

Just my 2 cents though, i've only been here a few weeks now. I get the spike in difficulty as probably meant for the players who've been here for a very long time and not for new players. (And i know there is supposed to be a jump from vhard to ult but im certain this server has adjusted it as 80 once upon a time used to be here one could attempt ult and not get flattened by Sil so dramatically haha). 

post edit: Also maybe removing the mag feed timer altogether. Speed up the time one can sink into the game. It's an old game, it's hard to imagine new players wanting to spend so many hours on the little things like this vs actually playing the game.

Edited by Lonely-Wolf
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 11/11/2023 at 2:43 AM, wade1212 said:

Did your plan give an alternate way to monetize.  Not many would give up a couple thousand per year extra side hustle.  Family, kids and bills > everything.  

That's part of the reason player count dwindled the way it did. Thousands were being donated every year but we hardly saw any improvements. Donation money should always be used in a transparent way (i.e. paying server costs) and the last thing it should ever go towards is the admin's pocket.  Plus all the blatant ways to encourage donating like making 80 hit almost mandatory is why people say this server is P2W and a large reasons a lot of people went to other servers. Imagine having the highest ATA class(RAmar) miss NSS combos on Olga Flow with 80 hit Pyscho Ravens, shit's pretty dumb. At least if you're using this server as a side hustle, at least state it clearly. Don't encourage donating saying donations go to server upkeep/improvements and then just pocket it.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/13/2023 at 1:55 PM, mudkipzjm said:

That's part of the reason player count dwindled the way it did. Thousands were being donated every year but we hardly saw any improvements. Donation money should always be used in a transparent way (i.e. paying server costs) and the last thing it should ever go towards is the admin's pocket.  Plus all the blatant ways to encourage donating like making 80 hit almost mandatory is why people say this server is P2W and a large reasons a lot of people went to other servers. Imagine having the highest ATA class(RAmar) miss NSS combos on Olga Flow with 80 hit Pyscho Ravens, shit's pretty dumb. At least if you're using this server as a side hustle, at least state it clearly. Don't encourage donating saying donations go to server upkeep/improvements and then just pocket it.

True. Like someone above said. Nothing is being done, at all. I thought if we had more players it might encourage some change but we had a lot of players before and things weren't great then either

🤷‍♂️ 

Oh well it's been fun playing with you guys

3 hours ago, theancientsam said:

True. Like someone above said. Nothing is being done, at all.

I know it's no much, and also wished to see a lot more updates/improvements, but saying nothing was done at all is a bit dishonest.

Just had this one

And same year

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, R-78 said:

but saying nothing was done at all is a bit dishonest.

Also New quests added and bugs fixed , Battle of Beaufort , Xrd's , CTU . Cals clock challenge fix i can think of a few more. But you cant please all. Yes things could and can be done , but as it goes for a Free server and by your choice as a player a donation system its a great version of pso .  Challenge mode will all ways get my attention from time to time so its great i can do that on ultima .

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, R-78 said:

I know it's no much, and also wished to see a lot more updates/improvements, but saying nothing was done at all is a bit dishonest.

Just had this one

And same year

Again you’re welcome. I won’t force things like this to happen again so I wouldn’t use these as signs of consistent improvements. 

• Dislike 4

2 hours ago, Saber +7 said:

Again you’re welcome. I won’t force things like this to happen again so I wouldn’t use these as signs of consistent improvements. 

What exactly did you do?

• Like 1