Should Larva implement PSO2 style drops along with classic style?

Should Larva Add PSO2 style drops along with Classic?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ultima server implement PSO2 style drops?

• Oh hell ya!! After all would be optional!!!
    • No Just keep it classic style drops only
    • I'm undecided
    • Vote This for the hell of it (Now just Soly)
    • Vote Doge!

Why punish people who want to solo though. There's no point in even having the 1p be at 90% when the classic rate would be at 100%.

What is punishment if they are soloing in classic mode? You aren't making any sense.

I'm glad someone not in the staff made this topic. He already gave Soly a big fat "No".

Being totally honest, the largest issue (aside from how damn ridiculous the prices have gotten on dark weapons due to the ridiculous drop rate and only being available once per year) on ultima is that we have events with absurd drop rates so everyone plays solo. Being able to hunt with friends and not bitching about who gets the drops would make the lives of the staff and the fun of the community much better. It's absurd to not consider this.

I would like to say:

1. I totally agree, it is absurd not to consider this.

2. I am so sorry, kajex!! I am on my phone and was going to upvote your comment and my stupid big fat finger hit the down vote button by accident! :/ i cant fix it, forgive this disgusting worm :3

• Like 1

2. I am so sorry, kajex!! I am on my phone and was going to upvote your comment and my stupid big fat finger hit the down vote button by accident! :/ i cant fix it, forgive this disgusting worm :3

Lies you totally meant to downvote him!!

• Like 3

Why punish people who want to solo though. There's no point in even having the 1p be at 90% when the classic rate would be at 100%.

Do you feel like 96 % is a punishment ? ^^

It sure feel like a forcing on multiplayer though, but am not sure we would feel the difference between 96 and 102 %.

I wouldn't mind personally.

Anyway the drop rate will never be this way if pso2 style is implemented. Why are we even talking about it, I wonder =)

1 P = 100 %, 2 P = 82 %, 4 P = 54 %

Good point is that it will certainly limit quadra-logger.

Bad point is, like some people already said, that it will most certainly not favor multiplayer. I'd say 82 % for two players is almost fine. But man, 54 % is a hell low for 4 players.

Something more like [100 %, 91 %, 85 %, 82 %] or [100 %, 88 %, 79 %, 73 %] would be the least to me.

If we implement it, we'll have to think about the reduction... I want a single reduction value tho...

It would go like

9% = 100  91  82.81  75.3571
10% = 100  90  81     72.9
11% = 100  89  79.21  70.4969
12% = 100  88  77.44  68.1472
13% = 100  87  75.69  65.8503

With that said, I like 11 - 12% reduction.

• Like 1

ok lets stop the crap here. For i been reading and seeing here. There many point to address in here but the mayor one and the most obvious is the drop system right, and the argument is to give the game the favor of the multiplayer. Well this is why i say stop the crap and the bullshit. This is what i see, so users want to have the pso2 individual drop system, but also dont want to have the reduction in the DAR, and yeah i understand if so then whats the point of having the individual drop... well let me enlighten you, THE POINT OF HAVING THE INDIVIDUAL DROP SYSTEM IS NOT TO OBTAIN ITEMS EASIER BUT TO PLAY IN A GROUP. If what you really want to is to stop the ninja and play in group then it don't matter the DAR the point is your having fun with 3 other guys and no ninja will get your red box.

If the drop system get in to place the DAR reduction is totally going to happen, just simple as if we don't; the entire party will have drop system 4x LOL. So no guys, this is not a server to play the easy way. Nor will be a drop system to obtain items easier, it will solely so you can play as a group and to stop worry for the ninja drop.

Ultima is not a high rates server it is a mid rates server and we will remain that way.

• Like 8

Thanks for reading and posting, Larva.

It's fine to reduce the DAR with each party member who joins. However, the rates need to be decided carefully. If the rates for the new drop system are really bad, there will be no benefit for anyone to choose the new drop system over the classic one, and we will be back to the original problem of having an online game that heavily favors solo over multiplayer. We don't want rare items to be super easy to find. We just want multiplayer to be worth doing.

If 4 players want Red Ring, they should play together in the same party, not solo in 4 different rooms. At the very least, multiplayer should be pretty close to solo, even if solo still ends up being a little better. However we need to tweek the numbers to accomplish this, let's figure it out.

Thanks for reading and posting, Larva.

It's fine to reduce the DAR with each party member who joins. However, the rates need to be decided carefully. If the rates for the new drop system are really bad, there will be no benefit for anyone to choose the new drop system over the classic one, and we will be back to the original problem of having an online game that heavily favors solo over multiplayer. We don't want rare items to be super easy to find. We just want multiplayer to be worth doing.

If 4 players want Red Ring, they should play together in the same party, not solo in 4 different rooms. At the very least, multiplayer should be pretty close to solo, even if solo still ends up being a little better. However we need to tweek the numbers to accomplish this, let's figure it out.

Again as I mentioned the benefit is to play as a group and dont have to worry about the ninja. If the believe is that it will benefit in to having more red boxes drop in the party then is the wrong believe. The system is 100% focused in that you can have fun with other members and still have a chance of a drop, but not that will have more chances or more drops. If what your looking is only for your personal benefit then more likely you will continue to run solo no matter what changes we do to the core game.

Still we will try to do the best balance we can, but everything has always a flaw.

But still I don't actually believe users will use the system. I strongly believe this is just to try to get things easier. But will see what happens.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Like 4