I am not very good with the word makings, so expect not a very eloquent rant about why i think Hu's are outclassed by Ra's in almost every way. s'true! But seriously... i find the only thing a Hu has over a Ra is the ability to do the highest single target damage in the game, being from the DF special. Other than that :onion-head70: Ra's can cover a room, do nearly if not more damage than Hu's, can control mobs better, and have the most average life.... the fuck? also fyi I have been playing PSOBB since 2008, so i have played both classes extensively. I have found on numerous occasions that i can just

out perform most DF users with a Dm'less Ra. (maybe not on bosses though) Any kind of balance would be nice, be it new hu weapons or hu stat changes or whatever. i realize this wont happen of

course, and i see an incoming shit wave of comments saying i just cant use Hu properly.. but i just wanted to get this out.

Not everyone can use a DF like sylph! HU NEEDS LUV! stop the tyranny of Ra rape.

PS: say what you will but leave my dad out of this.... he is a brilliant man!

Edited by ultrajerky
  • Like 2

wow what a douche. i can use DF too. i may not be sylph but my DF game is strong. i mean rangers have more weapons in this server than they did back in schthack. in schthack they had the OP apeshit broken ones that made hus just monsters. i mean with rangers they are nice and all but dm spamming the big mobs gets kind of boring in my opinion. im not disagreeing with you about them being better in most situations especially ROCT but i would cut of my left... well you get the jist, before playing RA full time. i like the hu and fonewm class, they are more interesting imo. Ras have alot of options weapon wise but at the end of the day they get boring beyond belief. i know there will be also ranting about my 2 centavos here but its how i feel you feel me? XD

• Like 1

I feel ya buddy, maybe Ra is so boring because its such a damn steamroll most of the time. yeah hu's did have some awesome shit in schthack... i would love to see some awesome exclusive hu weapons that would actually give ra's a run for their money.

My IF set could probably out perform any DF user in most situations. You don't need a fancy DM set to be a decent ra. BUT (in my opinion at least), if you don't have demon me/mechs or a DF, you're not too useful as a hu. Plus, atleast with ra, there are decent substitutes for dark weapons, such as IF and Burning Visit. Also, at least with a ra, you have frozen shooter and such. But with hu, there's no good substitute for DF. There's zanba, I guess, but that's male only. Female hu's have a pretty bad disadvantage when it comes to gear. They don't have Pyscho Raven or Zanba, so that just leaves them with red sword or Ultima reaper, which work, I guess, but are easily outclassed by ra gear. Even a ra with only frozen shooter has more crowd control than a human hunter. With ra, you have so much more gear to choose from to deal with situations. Ras have frozen shooter, arrest/spread needle, type shots, all of the yas series, and more. My ra's vastly out perform my hu's and I started out as a hu. Anyway's, I'm drunk when making this rant/rambling, so I hope I made sense.

Edited by mudkipzjm

I had like 4 dark weapons during my time on this server - sold them out of boredom. I like Iron Faust, Arrest Needle and J/sword much better, and I would love to see my unique weapon similar to them.

Edited by gmstone

If you are a hot dude woman man bro like me, then you value efficiency. i like to use the best possible gear to end monsters as fast as i can. i WISHED i didn't care tbh.. but that just aint my jam.

What about FO tho? Just kidding :P

I think most people experienced players would agree that rangers are the most versatile class in the game. They don't really struggle with anything and they excel in numerous ways. I don't like RA because I find them so effortless to use. I can be half asleep with DM and still solo gal griff with one hand with a level 110 racast (maybe exaggerating a bit, but you get the point). If you do put effort into rangers, you can get a lot more out of them, but effort isn't really needed in a lot of situations. I hunt with RAs sometimes cuz they're good, but I don't enjoy it the way I do with FO or HU.

Edited by tru

I find hu's more fun aswell... i just wanna kick as much ass as my ra. its always in the back of my mind "my Ra could be doing this better" i try my best to DF special whenever i can, but it takes alot of skill.

Edited by ultrajerky

Flowen's 3084 is the best sword (Sword of Ultima is technically better if you can get it and add Charge but it definitely needs a buff) IMO, apart from DF, and I've had them all. Zanba can be a liability especially solo. I can agree though, HUs definitely need more love. I don't use dark weapons and I'm very effective solo. People look over certain weapons for HU that can make them a nightmare.

Charge Vulcs

Daylight Scar

Black King Bar

Musashi (definitely overlooked)

Jizai

Galatine (most overlooked weapon on this list probably that can do MASSIVE damage)

Flowen's AUW-3084 (Seriously guys, if you knew the virtues of this weapon... A H-S-S can deal 4,000 easy with NO percents bonus against the enemy(ies) from the weapon.)

You don't need the most top tier weapons to be effective, just a little ingenuity and willingness to learn.

hmmm actually... that's not a true statement, hu on this serv is extremely OP imo... DF 1100 atp + cb ( + pr, as, reaper, lindcray, vjaya since mesetas are free to get on this serv and many other good items ) is just very very broken and if you compare to original sega, it's just insanely ridiculous really ( for all ra/hu/fo really... )

I know that ra has much more love than hu in general ( toward items ) but the problem also come from the fact that many people are accustomed to the ease of gameplay offered by rangers on this server (especially because of DM but not only ...) and therefore they've become lazzy and doesn't want to learn hu gameplay because it's binding and involve much more things to know and practice... ( such as placement, trapshooting, knowledge of spawns, stunning/delaying, learning how to aim correctly and avoid monsters, knowing monsters patterns and behaviors etc... )

But i can assure you that hunters ( if well played ) can be much better and faster than ra according to the quests/area you are playing.. you just have to go to the trouble and time to learn but once you'll do it, you'll realise that hunters can be very broken and super fun to play.

Edited by Sylph777
  • Like 2

I'm a big fan of Flowen's AUW-3084. I wish FO could use it, even though it doesn't make sense on that class.

Yes but you must agree you are on a whole different level compared to the rest of us mr sylph man, i just don't think i should require 10x the effort to out perform a ra who can just stand in a corner and shoot the whole room. i dunno i just think hu needs something more for us mortals D:

I find hu's more fun aswell... i just wanna kick as much ass as my ra. its always in the back of my mind "my Ra could be doing this better" i try my best to DF special whenever i can, but it takes alot of skill.

That's another thing. With DM, you can just blindly press heavy attack and own anything in the room, with maybe the exception of ep 4 stuff. But with DF, you have to know what you're doing, know the spawns semi-well enough, and cooperation of the whole room to do anything effective enough.