Your theory is very nice. As a theory that is.

I assume, for you're on Ultima (or at least the forum) since yesterday, that you already played PSO before on the sega's official or some other server out there.

Well, now, play on Ultima a few months. Play with people, hunter, ranger. Play both yourself. In Ultimate difficulty. Play, and you might finally see why this topic has even seen the day of light =)

Yes I am, and have played the original. I however have not had much chance to play for an extended period. I barely made it into ultimate difficulty before not getting to play anymore. So not an expert on anything end game, basing this on the consistency of the previous three difficulties as each class levels, based on no hand me downs and ultimate weapons.

Not saying I'm right, it just seems to make sense unless something is completely different when it comes to ultimate.

Fear the fluff

Yes, what you said perfectly make sense, that's why I said it was nice.

But of course there is some big difference between Ultima and other server.

And there is a big difference too between Ultimate difficulty and Norma, Hard, Very Hard. Cannot really compare the way you did ^^