Ask a quick question, get a quick answer

Sorry meant Ramar*

well then 5/137/58/0 with no units, 140 pow 35 luck 75 extra mats. If all extra mats on mind, will be 25 short of holy ray (was too dumb to use before stat max up). Red Ring gives 20 mst, so rr+v801 would be enough to use it. Ramar gets other arrest options anyway though.

Ok, I've looked around the forums, and there's a bunch of different answer for what I'm looking for as far as I can tell.

I'd love a straight forward "do this" kind of answer. I'm a FOnewm. I want to do as much damage as humanly possible with techs. What material/MAG/unit plan should I use?

Thanks in advance!

Ok, I've looked around the forums, and there's a bunch of different answer for what I'm looking for as far as I can tell.

I'd love a straight forward "do this" kind of answer. I'm a FOnewm. I want to do as much damage as humanly possible with techs. What material/MAG/unit plan should I use?

Thanks in advance!

Fonewm usually uses 2 mags, 1 as an pow/dex mag for a max atp ata lck setup, and one as a mind mag for a max mst setup. That's probably why you were seeing "different" answers. As for tech damage, your mag/mats/units are actually the least important thing. The most important things for tech damage are equipment with tech boosts, then tech levels, and then finally your mst as the least important factor; Your mag and mats are only going to get your mst up, having stuff like hylian shield(100%grants 75%rafoie 60%razonde), psycho bridge(85%rafoie+razonde 95% rabarta) / psycho wand(45% ra-), magical piece(30% gi-), elemental clubs(40% si-), elemental armors(10% element), 3 seals(25%ra-) / rabarta merge(30%), single spell merges(30%), mercurius rod (30%grants) / dark bridge(40%grants), mg+, etc, is much more important for techs.

As for units, v801 is definitely an absolutely essential unit to have if you are going to focus on techs, also heavenly/technique (+4 tech levels) can be useful if you don't have maxed out techs yet (hylian shield gives +1 tech levels too). Centurion/Mind is 75 mst. Adepts can reduce your tp cost slightly, but it's usually not worth it, especially if you are already wearing mg+ and using pwand/pbridge. If you are using ingition cloak/congeal cloak/tempest cloak for the 10% respective boosts(not very strong, doesn't change # of spellcasts to kill anything) instead of mg+(-50% tp cost, random 30% grants boost), then maybe adept could be useful. Cent/mind and H/tech will drop from easter eggs soon.

A good mind mag will get you most of the way to max mst by itself. The easiest to raise are the elenor/console/ultima mags that can get to 195 mind, but the consoles won't have any pb (elenor/ultima will have 1 if you raise to level 10 on monofluids before using the mag cell), 185 mind mags are mostly just tedious monofluid feeding for 50 levels to raise. The plans I made use cent/mind and v801 and a handful of mind mats with the mind mag to get mst to max.

I posted some fonewm plans in the max stats thread here: http://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php/topic/21971-official-max-stats-plan-thread/?p=118688

• Like 1

Thanks Fyrewolf,

I saw your suggestions in the max stat plan before, and it got me a bit confused since you offer 3 options:

No units for atp setup, cent/mind+v801 mst setup

MAG: 0/0/0/200, 5/47/124/24

Mats: 104 Pow, 35 Luck, 11 Mind

OR

MAG: 5/0/0/195, 5/57/124/14

Mats: 94 Pow, 35 Luck, 16 Mind, 5 Extra

OR

MAG 15/0/0/185, 5/62/124/9

Mats: 89 Pow, 35 Luck, 26 Mind

I started using (what I believe is) your guide on HUcasts and it was very straight forward with how many and what kind of mats I should use, and how to level a mag for it by feeding it a certain number of monomates on a ranger up to 10 and then feed monomates and antidotes to 35 and so on. I was kind of hoping for a similar guide for my FOnewm, but maybe they are simply more complicated a class. I'm gravitating towards this setup in your suggestion:

Do you have any tips on how to level up each of those mags?

Edited by Vulgaris

The 200 mind mag is only by donation or event;

The 195 mind mag sacrifices photon blasts, can be done with 2 mag cells(kit of mark3 or Elenor(can have 1pb))

The 185 mind is just one you feed monofluids all the way.

The 200 mind mag is only by donation or event;

The 195 mind mag sacrifices photon blasts, can be done with 2 mag cells(kit of mark3 or Elenor(can have 1pb))

The 185 mind is just one you feed monofluids all the way.

Thanks Cyan!

Do you know which Photon blasts I would end up with if I do the 185 mind mag? Are there certain ones I should try to get? And would I have to feed the mag on other types of characters to get them?

Thanks Fyrewolf,

I saw your suggestions in the max stat plan before, and it got me a bit confused since you offer 3 options:

No units for atp setup, cent/mind+v801 mst setup

MAG: 0/0/0/200, 5/47/124/24

Mats: 104 Pow, 35 Luck, 11 Mind

OR

MAG: 5/0/0/195, 5/57/124/14

Mats: 94 Pow, 35 Luck, 16 Mind, 5 Extra

OR

I started using (what I believe is) your guide on HUcasts and it was very straight forward with how many and what kind of mats I should use, and how to level a mag for it by feeding it a certain number of monomates on a ranger up to 10 and then feed monomates and antidotes to 35 and so on. I was kind of hoping for a similar guide for my FOnewm, but maybe they are simply more complicated a class. I'm gravitating towards this setup in your suggestion:

Do you have any tips on how to level up each of those mags?

Yea the 3 options are based around what kind of mind mag the player wants to use, since they each have pros and cons. A 185 mind mag is a bit tedious to raise but not complicated, just feed it lots and lots of monofluids until level 50, where you can switch to difluids and/or use some mag cells on it. The starting pb is based on what class you started it with ranger estilla(high damage dolphin), force leilla(lame healer/anti), or hunter farla(low damage dragonsnake), the second pb will be twins (on the right side, unlike most mags which get twins at 50 and thus on the left side), and the third pb will be golla or estilla(if not 1st pb). Pros of mag is 3 pbs, cons are tedious to raise and twins in a weird place.

A 195 mind mag is the easiest to raise, and elenor and ultima mag can still have 1 pb (raise to level 10 on monofluids then use cell), they will feed much much faster off of difluids (mag cell mags eat difluids at +27, a regular mag may be eating at +9, +8, or +4 before level 50). Some people may choose to go this easy route, and not having all 3 pbs isn't that huge of a drawback for a force since they don't build pb much anyway, and they don't need twins themselves, but having at least 1 is nice to contribute to pb chains, and estilla dolphin can help force wreck ep 4 boss even harder. Pros are super easy to raise, cons are 0-1 pbs.

A 200 mind mag is mini event or donation, it offers some slight optimizations that really don't mean much, for fonewm he can equip galatine even with his mind mag on, and for fonewearl she can actually max atp ata lck with pow mag and mst with cent/mind+v801+200 mind mag, but it's just a minor tweak for people that have custom mags. Pros are just minor tweaks and cons are none really.

If you really want a guide like that though... :

185 mind mag

start on any class

lvl 5-10 monofluids

lvl 10-35 monofluids

lvl 35-50 monofluids

lvl50-200 difluids

195 mind mag (elenor/ultima mags)

lvl 5-10 monofluids

lvl 10 use cell

lvl 10-200 difluids

195 (console mag)

use cell

lvl 5-200 difluids

here are some mag links for ya:

Evolution chart: http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2452

Feeding charts for all mags except ep 2 formula mags: http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1021

Feeding charts for ep 2 formula mags only: http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1031

Edited by Fyrewolf5

Yea the 3 options are based around what kind of mind mag the player wants to use, since they each have pros and cons. A 185 mind mag is a bit tedious to raise but not complicated, just feed it lots and lots of monofluids until level 50, where you can switch to difluids and/or use some mag cells on it. The starting pb is based on what class you started it with ranger estilla(high damage dolphin), force leilla(lame healer/anti), or hunter farla(low damage dragonsnake), the second pb will be twins (on the right side, unlike most mags which get twins at 50 and thus on the left side), and the third pb will be golla or estilla(if not 1st pb). Pros of mag is 3 pbs, cons are tedious to raise and twins in a weird place.

A 195 mind mag is the easiest to raise, and elenor and ultima mag can still have 1 pb (raise to level 10 on monofluids then use cell), they will feed much much faster off of difluids (mag cell mags eat difluids at +27, a regular mag may be eating at +9, +8, or +4 before level 50). Some people may choose to go this easy route, and not having all 3 pbs isn't that huge of a drawback for a force since they don't build pb much anyway, and they don't need twins themselves, but having at least 1 is nice to contribute to pb chains, and estilla dolphin can help force wreck ep 4 boss even harder. Pros are super easy to raise, cons are 0-1 pbs.

A 200 mind mag is mini event or donation, it offers some slight optimizations that really don't mean much, for fonewm he can equip galatine even with his mind mag on, and for fonewearl she can actually max atp ata lck with pow mag and mst with cent/mind+v801+200 mind mag, but it's just a minor tweak for people that have custom mags. Pros are just minor tweaks and cons are none really.

If you really want a guide like that though... :

185 mind mag

start on any class

lvl 5-10 monofluids

lvl 10-35 monofluids

lvl 35-50 monofluids

lvl50-200 difluids

195 mind mag (elenor/ultima mags)

lvl 5-10 monofluids

lvl 10 use cell

lvl 10-200 difluids

195 (console mag)

use cell

lvl 5-200 difluids

here are some mag links for ya:

Evolution chart: http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2452

Feeding charts for all mags except ep 2 formula mags: http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1021

Feeding charts for ep 2 formula mags only: http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1031

Thanks again! Your responses are really informative. I guess I'm thinking either the 185 or 195 mind mag. How difficult is it to find an elenor or ultima mag cell for the 195 mind mag?

Where's a good place to find resistances of enemies? I think I'm either not reading this guide correctly, or the resistances are different on the ultima server http://www.pso-world.com/beastiary.php?location=9&artid=2468&version=v3
I'm mostly just wondering for EDK. For Dorphon Eclairs on ultimate it says they have 97 EDK online. The formula for the chance of Megid succeeding based on http://www.freewebs.com/azurepso/psostatistics.htm is "Lv.16-30: [2 x (TLv - 1)] + 42 TBP - EDK = Success (%)" Meaning level 30 Megid would have a TBP of 100, and subtracting that from the enemy's EDK would give you the percentage of success. Meaning you would only have a 3% chance of successfully Megiding a Dorphon Eclair with level 30 Megid. That doesn't seem quite accurate.
On another note, is it ever possible to successfully Megid a boss (dark falz for example)?

I know I'm asking a million questions, so sorry if I'm getting on anyone's nerves. As a force, Hylian shield seems like something I should get at some point. It isn't on the Ultima drop tables. How does one obtain it other than through donation? Or can you only get it by donating?

I know I'm asking a million questions, so sorry if I'm getting on anyone's nerves. As a force, Hylian shield seems like something I should get at some point. It isn't on the Ultima drop tables. How does one obtain it other than through donation? Or can you only get it by donating?

You can only get it through the triforce event, which is in september. Last triforce event it was from Gal Gryphon on ultimate and Purplenum had the best chance to get it. Something like 1/158. Hylian Shield is the best shield for nuking. Three seals is sort of a watered down version that is easier to get. It comes from Redria and Skyly on very hard from Delbiters. 1/236.

Edited by tru