Ask a quick question, get a quick answer

Ramar can max without units y'know. He can have a lot of free space in his units.

MAG: 5/137/58/0

Mats: 35 luck, 140 pow, 75 extra

If you use all extra mats on mind you are barely short of being able to use holy ray (ramar was too dumb to use it before max stat increase), but ramar has plenty of other arrest options anyway.

Also for that mag feeding plan, it must be a ranger feeding it to level 10 to get kalki(estilla pb) at 10 and mitra at 35, and for ila at 50 takes a hunter of viridia/skyly/purple/redria/yellowboze, the other hunter ids would get garuda which does not get twins. A hunter or force started mag will get varuna(farla pb)>maruta or vitra(leilla pb)>ashvinau mags that will feed from 35-50 better off of antidote (+1 synchro +1 iq +4 pow +12 dex) or sol atomizers (+4 sychro -2 iq +11 pow +3 dex). I prefer estilla (dolphin) over snake(farla) and healer/mermaid(leilla) anyway, and 2nd pb is always pilla if you don't raise def.

And demon's is always op even when it's on cast. Cutting 45% (75% human/newman) of a monster's hp is no joke, especially when tough enemies in ultimate can have 5k to 10k health.

Edited by Fyrewolf5
  • Like 1

Thanks Judgment.

FOMar plan?

Fomar plan is here

http://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php/topic/9827-ask-a-quick-question-get-a-quick-answer/?p=112787

be sure to check out the extra notes i made in previous post about that mag feeding plan so it doesn't mess up, there were a few vital bits of info left out (classes at 10 and ids 50, how to feed for non-ranger started mags).

to get 0 in def its 30dts i know its way to much for it

• Feed the Mag antidotes. At level 10 it will evolve into Kalki.
  • Feed Kalki antidotes. At level 35 it will evolve into Mitra.
  • Feed Mitra antiparalysis. At level 50 it will evolve into Ila. (make sure the Hunter makes the mag evolve to Ila)
  • This plan i did i have The twins the fish and the tower guy lol

I'm going to refine this a little bit.

• The hunter that feeds the mag at 50 has to be Viridia, skyly, purple, Red, or yellow. You won't get twins otherwise.
  • The plan given also assumes that a ranger feeds the mag at 10.
  • Once you use the mag cell on the mag, feed the agaysta antidotes until you have 42 DEX.
  • After that feed the mag dimates to 200.

Alternative plan because everybody and their mother uses an estilla, pilla, and twins mag. These will be slower feeds, but they should end up being slightly better than the above plan because it will have a unique PB. The feeds are also only marginally slower (don't feel like doing the math right now, but it should be less than an hour difference).

• Do the first evolution as a force if you want the resta pb. Do the first evolution as a hunter if you want the dragon pb.
  • Feed the mag antidotes up until you can use the mag cell on it.
  • Once it's an agaysta, use antidotes for DEX and dimates for POW.

For general mag tips, this page will be your best friend (along with google for when mag cells are usable).

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?section=Mags&op=viewtopsection

The most important pages there are Ranger/Force/Hunter mag evolution chart and the feeding charts. Evolution chart is for photon blast planning. Feeding charts let you know what you should feed the mags.

Important things to note about mags:

• +100 is a level
  • I think this is a glitch here, but the second evolution (ashinvau, mitra, marutah, etc.) ignore the current feeders class. If you have a varuna, you will always get rudra, marutah, or vayu. If you have a Kalki, you will always get surya, mitra, or tapas.
  • When you're switching characters for specific PBs, keep feeding the mag 1 past the evolution level to avoid an annoying visual glitch.
  • In the pso world evolution chart the left most column is primary attribute and the rightmost column is secondary attribute. For example, you will get a Bhirava if your mag has POW>MIND>DEX at evolution level when fed by a type A ranger. You'll get a Varaha if the mag has MIND>POW>DEX at evolution level when fed by a type A ranger.
  • Third evolution mags evolve every 5 levels. Mags stop evolving once they turn rare.

Edit: I should have read fyrewolf's post before I started typing. I do disagree on the PB point though. PBs are almost exclusively used for superpowered S/D, so having a unique PB is better than having the best damage PBs. This is also why I like the resta PB the best. It may be a very minor thing, but a free resta+chain is marginally better than chain alone. This isn't true when you have a dark flow user on the team, but you can just be the twins(or pilla) guy whenever that happens :P

Edited by Mezmorizor
  • Like 2

You got 2 options and those won't ruin your chance of trying melee stats in the future. (it's worth it in some bosses and on episode 2), the max stat plan brings you near to maxing mind, adding an heavenly/mind to the plan and you got it maxed.(so not big of a deal to be a jack of all trades.)

Units

-V801

-ADEPT

Materials

38 Mind

Mag

15/0/0/185

or if you have the chance of getting a 195 mind mag

Units

-V801

-ADEPT

Materials

28 Mind

Mag

5/0/0/195

I remember using this guide Tycho made back when I played on GC. http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2306He writes "best for hit percentage" often next to rare weapons. I figure that means if you hunt an item from one enemy instead of another it has a higher chance of having hit, is that true? Does that also mean it has a higher chance of having Native/A.Beast/Machine/Dark percentages? What would be the best way of finding a Diska of Bravemen with good stats?

Hunting on ultimate seems to be the easier way to find with hit, still on vh and other difficulties it's possible to find with hit. The percentages will increase the damage a weapon does, while the hit will increase the chance the weapon won't miss.(this sums up with your character ATA)

• Like 1

I remember using this guide Tycho made back when I played on GC. http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2306He writes "best for hit percentage" often next to rare weapons. I figure that means if you hunt an item from one enemy instead of another it has a higher chance of having hit, is that true? Does that also mean it has a higher chance of having Native/A.Beast/Machine/Dark percentages? What would be the best way of finding a Diska of Bravemen with good stats?

He seems to be writing that when it comes to drops that are mostly in very hard with one ultimate drop. How often hit and high %s drop is affected by a lot of things, difficulty, area, monster, even section id seems to play a role sometimes. If it has a good chance of dropping with good stats, that includes all the stats, not just hit. The way I used to hunt DoB was to spam ep 2 max attack 2 hildeblue on whitill, i would find a ton of them and every other run or so one may have 45 hit on it. It may only be very hard, but the sheer volume of DoB I would find doing it made finding good ones happen often. I never found 50 hit though. I've not had as much success getting high %s on other hildeblue drops on other ids, which is why i said id may play a role too. Without looking at the game fiiles, it's hard to quantify how often the high quality stuff will drop from areas/monsters/etc, but just in general higher level areas/monsters drops better gear more often. Shambertin PoD boxes have dropped me 55 hit gear on tons of runs xD.

• Like 1

He seems to be writing that when it comes to drops that are mostly in very hard with one ultimate drop. How often hit and high %s drop is affected by a lot of things, difficulty, area, monster, even section id seems to play a role sometimes. If it has a good chance of dropping with good stats, that includes all the stats, not just hit. The way I used to hunt DoB was to spam ep 2 max attack 2 hildeblue on whitill, i would find a ton of them and every other run or so one may have 45 hit on it. It may only be very hard, but the sheer volume of DoB I would find doing it made finding good ones happen often. I never found 50 hit though. I've not had as much success getting high %s on other hildeblue drops on other ids, which is why i said id may play a role too. Without looking at the game fiiles, it's hard to quantify how often the high quality stuff will drop from areas/monsters/etc, but just in general higher level areas/monsters drops better gear more often. Shambertin PoD boxes have dropped me 55 hit gear on tons of runs xD.

Thanks for the advice, that really helps. Do you understand this guide? http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=721It seems like it's saying the more rare weapons you find in a run, the less chance it has of having good stats.

Thanks for the advice, that really helps. Do you understand this guide? http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=721It seems like it's saying the more rare weapons you find in a run, the less chance it has of having good stats.

It's not saying anything about the quantity of weapons. It's just making claims about the quality of weapons. The numbers are % chance for something to drop with that. Not sure that I really trust that guide tbh though.

• Like 1