Ideas to improve the server - feel free to post!

1 minute ago, Soly said:

Should not since their killcounter wont be set up correctly (like in the game when it says killcount error but just needs to have at least 1 kill).

good to know! ty soly! :3

Ok, here is the thing.
GHol2ov.jpg

That's why I only check if its > 0x8000... people might freak out or something... idk.
I guess I'll add some more code to fix kill counters when you log in... or just have dem killcounters correctly applied when the items are generated.

Also since we allow Exca and TJS to have 3 stats... I can't show killcounters for those.

8 minutes ago, Soly said:

Ok, here is the thing.
GHol2ov.jpg

That's why I only check if its > 0x8000... people might freak out or something... idk.
I guess I'll add some more code to fix kill counters when you log in... or just have dem killcounters correctly applied when the items are generated.

Also since we allow Exca and TJS to have 3 stats... I can't show killcounters for those.

oh wow yeah D:

ty soly x-x

well for tjs and excal it isnt needed D:

Yet another "will-never-see-the-light-of-day-on-psobb" idea, but hell am running out of waffles, so I'll just go for it !

:uni: BERZERKER RING : Raise or lower the ATP of the wielder depending on the current HP.

100 % HP : -200 ATP
95 % HP : -100 ATP
90 % HP : -50 ATP
85 % - 66 % HP : +0 ATP
66 % HP : +150 ATP
50 % HP : +200 ATP
33 % HP : +300 ATP
25 % HP : +400 ATP
10 % HP : +500 ATP
1 % HP : +600 ATP

Probably is too complicated to make so am just bubbling in the void ; but if not, would be cool for all those daredevil out there who risk their life =D
Also I would put impossible restrictions on it such as "range must be inferior to" or "bonus only apply with berzerk special" so that it doesn't get too op (but we already have so much units to equip and so few slots that it would probably not be op anyway).

And yeah this calculation is probably too bothersome to implement, a simple +5 ATP per 1 % of HP lost would be good enough.

Edited by Misombre

34 minutes ago, Misombre said:

Yet another "will-never-see-the-light-of-day-on-psobb" idea,

There, FIFY.

You cannot do such a thing without modifying the client and is not any random modification, such a thing requires great knowledge of programming and the game as well as time and effort.

33 minutes ago, shong said:

Is it possible to make tech disks stack?

Might be possible.

Little explanation.. an item is made of 3 bytes XXYYZZ
XX = type, YY = group, ZZ = group entry
Tech disks use type 03 (tool), group 02 (techniques) and ZZ means which tech.

In the item data ZZ defines the tech type but in the client ZZ defines the disk level....
So if we make techs stack we'll run into 1 of 2 problems...

1) Since in the item data ZZ defines the tech type, if we let techs stack they might stack any level of the same tech.
2) Since in the client ZZ defines the tech level, if we let techs stack they might stack any tech type of the same level.

So yeah... basically no, techs wont stack :)

• Like 2

On 11/14/2016 at 10:09 AM, Misombre said:

Yet another "will-never-see-the-light-of-day-on-psobb" idea, but hell am running out of waffles, so I'll just go for it !

:uni: BERZERKER RING : Raise or lower the ATP of the wielder depending on the current HP.

Probably is too complicated to make so am just bubbling in the void ; but if not, would be cool for all those daredevil out there who risk their life =D
Also I would put impossible restrictions on it such as "range must be inferior to" or "bonus only apply with berzerk special" so that it doesn't get too op (but we already have so much units to equip and so few slots that it would probably not be op anyway).

And yeah this calculation is probably too bothersome to implement, a simple +5 ATP per 1 % of HP lost would be good enough.

No source from sega for the client, very unlikely to get something like this.

I have to say that unit will be epic !

14 hours ago, Soly said:

Might be possible.

Little explanation.. an item is made of 3 bytes XXYYZZ
XX = type, YY = group, ZZ = group entry
Tech disks use type 03 (tool), group 02 (techniques) and ZZ means which tech.

In the item data ZZ defines the tech type but in the client ZZ defines the disk level....
So if we make techs stack we'll run into 1 of 2 problems...

1) Since in the item data ZZ defines the tech type, if we let techs stack they might stack any level of the same tech.
2) Since in the client ZZ defines the tech level, if we let techs stack they might stack any tech type of the same level.

So yeah... basically no, techs wont stack :)

Problem number one will be the most likely to happen I believe.

15 hours ago, Misombre said:

Sorry I stopped reading after this =/

Good that you stopped reading after that.
The client is clever enough to not mix the techs, it keeps same type different level and different type same level in different inventory spots.
The problem is that the ship is not so clever.... so it will require some updates to handle stacked techs correctly, which I am not going to do in the current version, might do in my rewrite if it doesn't require major changes.

• Like 1

On 14/11/2016 at 7:09 PM, Misombre said:

I don't see the point of this.

It would be like adding 500-600 ATP to DF special, which is already overkill.

Also take an invincible character like a DFP maxed Racaseal with STA, as she won't get a single damage in most areas with a good deband, it would be like 600 extra ATP for free, and with berzerk weapons would be totally insane as they still work with 1 HP, unlike spirit ...

Edited by R-78

To be honest I don't own Dark Flow nor STA so don't realize how broken it would be. (though I can try to imagine)

But now, balancing is life =)

if such an item was build, we should either :

• Disable it with STA
  • Put a malus on the unit such as : -70 to all the resists -350 DFP -350 EVP

Probably the best would be to disable it only with STA, since the malus thing would be too much of a hassle for people without STA (would basically have ~0 DFP/EVP/resists so...)

Anyway there is always "ways to balance" I guess. But it's not like such an unit could see the day of light so...