Ideas to improve the server - feel free to post!

This idea sounds pretty neat, but I think reloading the itemPMT requires a ship restart.  (Don't quote me on this, Soly would know better)

I don't know...

- I don't like the idea of modifying those items... read it as, I prefer to modify the original stuff as little as possible, but that's just me...

- The itempmt is not compiled on the fly which means to do any item stat changes they have to be done manually and requires ship restarts whenever the pmt is changed. This is not a problem in my new server since the pmt is sent to the ships upon connecting to the login server so they all would be updated right away.

@Soly Even temporary and after making back up of it (of course) ?

Also, that would only be one item by one item, so not much to modify, like just a very few number here and there (I guess, I can't tell since I don't know exactly how its working).

/prog

Personally, I would not either change the item itself. It's better that this kind of data stay fixed. To me, the best way to do so is to make a little function that only alters one item's data before sending it. If this is even possible, that is...

Edited by Misombre

12 minutes ago, Misombre said:

@Soly Even temporary and after making back up of it (of course) ?

Also, that would only be one item by one item, so not much to modify, like just a very few number here and there (I guess, I can't tell since I don't know exactly how its working).

/prog

Personally, I would not either change the item itself. It's better that this kind of data stay fixed. To me, the best way to do so is to make a little function that only alters one item's data before sending it. If this is even possible, that is...

Well obviously it would be temporary... we'd definitely not have a good dragon slayer forever! :onion-head70:
I understand but as I said, that's just me... if it's going to be done, I can do it np but not driven by me.

Doing it programatically and on temporary data (as in a copy of the file in memory) ends up being the same thing... and is more of a hassle having to code all the stuff to do this which would also require configuration as to what to change in which items during what time, etc...
So as I said, if it's going to be done, I can do it.

But my built in trap search tells me Larva probably wont do it. (trap search that can see into the future ftw)

This is probably in the wrong part, but it's an observation based on the crime stoppers part in the forums.

Perhaps make the crime stoppers (when someone makes a complaint) only visible to moderators and admins, because I've noticed when everyone can see them it causes a lot of unnecessary drama and involves a lot more than the person making the complaint and the person the complaint is against; and in some cases can lead to a Kangaroo Court type of appearance where mods have to close it before it dissolves into more drama.
Where as if you had it just between the staff and the user(s) in question, it'd be a lot more effective imo.

Just a suggestion...

More on topic, is it possible to translate some of the Japanese in the quests (particularly episode 4)?
Like if you pick Max Atck 2 (I believe) in Episode 2 (under the last option), it's the best way for me to get AddSlots (again, I believe), but I have no earthly idea what they're saying.
This is more of a translate thing, but still.
Loving the ideas thus far.

22 minutes ago, Arek said:

This is probably in the wrong part, but it's an observation based on the crime stoppers part in the forums.

Perhaps make the crime stoppers (when someone makes a complaint) only visible to moderators and admins, because I've noticed when everyone can see them it causes a lot of unnecessary drama and involves a lot more than the person making the complaint and the person the complaint is against; and in some cases can lead to a Kangaroo Court type of appearance where mods have to close it before it dissolves into more drama.
Where as if you had it just between the staff and the user(s) in question, it'd be a lot more effective imo.

Nah, nailed it... I recently proposed to Larva a big forum cleanup and changing the structure of it.
On my proposal, the crime stoppers section is available to the public, but the "ban appeal" is only available to staff.

Obviously we haven't kicked off any of this, so we have to see what happens.

More info on this forum restructure, it involves getting rid of the different sub forum languages, this because there is a language option in the forum that we can add multiple languages to translate titles, descriptions, buttons, etc.. however topics themselves wont be translated.

I think this is better than different subforums per language because it unifies the forum, we don't have to do multiple topics if for any reason we do translated topics (we'd add spoilers in the orignial topic), less clutter in the forum overall, it would even benefit from things like multiple trade subforums (that ES and PT don't get much love), however people might not like it.
I know EN users won't care but I don't know about the current ES and PT users, I have seen serveral times ES users saying that topics dont get translated or posted on ES subforum so yeah... maybe this can help.

38 minutes ago, Arek said:

More on topic, is it possible to translate some of the Japanese in the quests (particularly episode 4)?
Like if you pick Max Atck 2 (I believe) in Episode 2 (under the last option), it's the best way for me to get AddSlots (again, I believe), but I have no earthly idea what they're saying.
This is more of a translate thing, but still.
Loving the ideas thus far.

Not long ago I (and several other players) translated a bunch of stuff for the server, game unitxt and launcher.
We (I) were going to do quests afterwards but I haven't done anything about it yet, I guess would be wise to first get all quests in English, then work from there.
I don't know JP, so I'm basically useless. El Socko translated one quest but there are maaaany more.

My goal is to have a public list of quests available in multiple languages (maybe included for the public my new server software, obviously only the quests that come with Teth originally).

This has probably been posted before but after playing through a 2 and a half hour quest only to dc before the boss i was wondering if it would be possible to make it so you can re enter a room even if its doing a quest?

2 minutes ago, Malcoren said:

This has probably been posted before but after playing through a 2 and a half hour quest only to dc before the boss i was wondering if it would be possible to make it so you can re enter a room even if its doing a quest?

Wont be done cause it brings alot of bugs with it

On 5.11.2016 at 3:59 AM, Soly said:

Not long ago I (and several other players) translated a bunch of stuff for the server, game unitxt and launcher.
We (I) were going to do quests afterwards but I haven't done anything about it yet, I guess would be wise to first get all quests in English, then work from there.
I don't know JP, so I'm basically useless. El Socko translated one quest but there are maaaany more.

Well, let me know what quests you want me to do next?

Is there a way to implement an interactive price guide that everyone (with a forum account) can contribute to so it remains active and up-to date? Basically everyone can select an item, put in a price (in pds), and it will display an average or a min-max average with a drop down bar that shows who submitted and what price they submitted.

2 hours ago, Eres said:

Is there a way to implement an interactive price guide that everyone (with a forum account) can contribute to so it remains active and up-to date? Basically everyone can select an item, put in a price (in pds), and it will display an average or a min-max average with a drop down bar that shows who submitted and what price they submitted.

This seems very easy to take advantage of.  Just submit a lot of prices to drive the average down.

16 minutes ago, Lemon said:

This seems very easy to take advantage of.  Just submit a lot of prices to drive the average down.

Could it be made to allow moderators to remove disingenuous submissions?  If it shows who submitted and what, it should make it transparent.

@Lemon No

What the system would do is remember one price for each forum member. So if you put, say, 1 pd for a Glide Divine, it will only drag down once the price.

Now the calculation could be a mixed up of a median + average.

Example for Glide Divine :

1 10 12 15 15 15 15 18 20
Median (middle input) is : 15
Average (sum divide by number of input) is : 13,4
Mix up would be : 14,2 PD

Also, Eres said that we could see each member input. So you can trust whoever you want if you don't trust the average.

sample.jpg 

Edited by Misombre

sample_bis.jpg

For weapon such as Last Swan, where you can't hunt it for stat, the calculation could be done automatically by the system. 15 DTs = 20 Hit

Then it's up to the player to do whatever he want with the price, it doesn't mean he's gonna sell the Last Swan for 30 DTs, it means he cannot go over 30 DTs + 1-3 PDs because it's a set price.

Anyway we already have a price guide. So what Eres is asking for is a more organized, automatized and communal system. At the end, people make price that will not really change.

Edited by Misombre