Ideas to improve the server - feel free to post!

If people want to give input on the price guide, they are welcome to post in the thread for it. I don't think it's a good idea to have an interactive guide that just averages the inputs though. Anyone can have an opinion on an item, but that doesn't mean that opinion is well-informed, taking into account factors like the drop rate, strength of the monster, rarity of the monster, difficulty of all possible hunts for said monster (and related things like whether they can be done solo or really should have team), what classes have easiest/hardest time hunting said monster, how strong/useful/usable/reliable/etc the weapon is, how the weapon compares to other similar weapons in all of those aspects, etc. Having a guide that just averages an input doesn't necessarily compare relative values of items decently, if just one person gives a friend a nice deal on a weapon for 1pd, or some rich millionaire joins the server and overpays 4-5times what something is worth for an item because he can throw cash around like it's confetti, then such an interactive guide would be incredibly unreliable and innaccurate. It's too simplistic to encapsulate everything, and falls short of what it needs to do.
It kind of misses the point of a price guide. A price guide isn't there specifically to put a label number on how much something is worth. It's there to gauge how much an item is worth *relative* to other items. Anyone can pay anything for an item, but having a relative value established is how one knows whether that trade was actually a good trade, and is necessary to facilitate bartering for items (even though one can trade items for pds or dts, trading items for items is also an important aspect). PDs and DTs aren't just usable as a currency, they are also extremely important as a scale with which to value items.
Somone could potentially quit and give their dark weapon to someone for free (0pds), or someone could win the lottery and pay someone 1000dts for a dark weapon; these sorts of scenarios are really not that unreasonable (people have quit and given dark weapons to others, and there have been many rich people with seemingly limitless pockets to spend come and buy everything). If such scenarios actually affect it, then it's not so much a price 'guide' as it is a measurement of the current economic state, measuring any and all wildy fluctuating bubbles and depressions. I'd rather we have something that is there to be an actual guide that can help people straighten their aim for their target items, a guide that can help them decide whether or not a trade is actually right for them.

• Like 1

Then... we can have a page where you search the items and see their price (set by staff or moderator of the prices) and also all info related to that item.
Basically what Orgo had... I'd like that integrated in the forum tho.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Fyrewolf5 said:

If people want to give input on the price guide, they are welcome to post in the thread for it. I don't think it's a good idea to have an interactive guide that just averages the inputs though. Anyone can have an opinion on an item, but that doesn't mean that opinion is well-informed, taking into account factors like the drop rate, strength of the monster, rarity of the monster, difficulty of all possible hunts for said monster (and related things like whether they can be done solo or really should have team), what classes have easiest/hardest time hunting said monster, how strong/useful/usable/reliable/etc the weapon is, how the weapon compares to other similar weapons in all of those aspects, etc. Having a guide that just averages an input doesn't necessarily compare relative values of items decently, if just one person gives a friend a nice deal on a weapon for 1pd, or some rich millionaire joins the server and overpays 4-5times what something is worth for an item because he can throw cash around like it's confetti, then such an interactive guide would be incredibly unreliable and innaccurate. It's too simplistic to encapsulate everything, and falls short of what it needs to do.
It kind of misses the point of a price guide. A price guide isn't there specifically to put a label number on how much something is worth. It's there to gauge how much an item is worth *relative* to other items. Anyone can pay anything for an item, but having a relative value established is how one knows whether that trade was actually a good trade, and is necessary to facilitate bartering for items (even though one can trade items for pds or dts, trading items for items is also an important aspect). PDs and DTs aren't just usable as a currency, they are also extremely important as a scale with which to value items.
Somone could potentially quit and give their dark weapon to someone for free (0pds), or someone could win the lottery and pay someone 1000dts for a dark weapon; these sorts of scenarios are really not that unreasonable (people have quit and given dark weapons to others, and there have been many rich people with seemingly limitless pockets to spend come and buy everything). If such scenarios actually affect it, then it's not so much a price 'guide' as it is a measurement of the current economic state, measuring any and all wildy fluctuating bubbles and depressions. I'd rather we have something that is there to be an actual guide that can help people straighten their aim for their target items, a guide that can help them decide whether or not a trade is actually right for them.

I could not have said this better, Fyre. Its really very logical.

My thought is that the price guide should just be updated. Its been a while. And I should be updated like maybe 3 times a year by a knowledgeable moderator, not by random people inputting prices. Like every 3-4 months to reflect any mayor change in item values.

I offer my services in providing my knowledge of current prices if that helps in any way, though it may defeat the purpose since my opinion is not worth more than others.

• Like 2

In my opinion, people always think they want price guides, but the reality is they're never terribly useful and can quite often be detrimental to efficient and happy trading. People actually trading regularly have a good grasp of how much most common/uncommon desirable items are selling for in both absolute and relative value. Sought after items with lower supply will often have higher demand and their value can fluctuate significantly more (see: recent auctions). People who aren't trading regularly will just take a price guide as a broken bible and argue with sellers about how much something is "supposed" to cost, despite 100% of people they talk to offering them the item at the same price.

Edited by shong
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, shong said:

In my opinion, people always think they want price guides, but the reality is they're never terribly useful and can quite often be detrimental to efficient and happy trading. People actually trading regularly have a good grasp of how much most common/uncommon desirable items are selling for in both absolute and relative value. Sought after items with lower supply will often have higher demand and their value can fluctuate significantly more (see: recent auctions). People who aren't trading regularly will just take a price guide as a broken bible and argue with sellers about how much something is "supposed" to cost, despite 100% of people they talk to offering them the item at the same price.

This is true as well.

Not to mention if there is a guide, what people think things are worth that are outragous to others but what seems to be the going price ex: dark weapon for 400, will get shit on by everyone saying "no it's not, no, no no its not" no matter how many times it's being sold. Another example is the whole mat thing, someone sells 5:1 because there is no one else competing selling at better prices even during green names, and we have the routine same 4 people bitching that it's 1:10 during green names even though the 5:1 is having no problem selling it at 5:1 during green names. No matter what you do you have to be careful, you will cause drama with something like this. 

• Like 1

Well as for suggestions, can one of the new ultima weapons be a double saber that does mini AoE damage like excalibur? Maybe with Oratiagito special? That's in regards for a new weapon.

As for the server itself, allow more than one way to get donations instead of just simply paypal. 

This game will get stale pretty quick depending on your mentality and how often you play. So hosting events regularly or producing new quests/items to help change the pace a bit. 

Can we make the 'back to top' button bigger that appears in lower roght corner on phones? It takes me close to 5 taps to actually hit it normally.

12 hours ago, Lemon said:

Can we make the 'back to top' button bigger that appears in lower roght corner on phones? It takes me close to 5 taps to actually hit it normally.

I never have problems with it and I don't use it enough...

The button is some sort of plugin and doesn't have any configuration for the size or shape

@Soly Just add this piece of css

#backtoTop .fa-chevron-circle-up {
	font-size: 2em;
}

Can even go up to 3em on laptop, but I guess it'll be too big on cellphone and tablet.

Also I would also change the opacity of #backtoTop from 0.4 to 0.8
Because of the theme Shift (default), the best would be to set a light color in the first place instead of playing with the opacity.

#backtoTop {
	opacity: 1 !important;
	color: #74b0ea;
}

Edited by Misombre

On 11/9/2016 at 1:00 PM, El Socko said:

Well, let me know what quests you want me to do next?

Sorry I never got back to you...

Basically anything that is not English lol... the rest of MA stuff would be a good start since you already did "DSR", I guess those scripts will be fairly similar.

5 hours ago, Misombre said:

@Soly Just add this piece of css

#backtoTop .fa-chevron-circle-up {
	font-size: 2em;
}

Can even go up to 3em on laptop, but I guess it'll be too big on cellphone and tablet.

Also I would also change the opacity of #backtoTop from 0.4 to 0.8
Because of the theme Shift (default), the best would be to set a light color in the first place instead of playing with the opacity.

#backtoTop {
	opacity: 1 !important;
	color: #74b0ea;
}

I'll try the size and opacity but not the color.
The color is taken from the theme's secondary color so hardcoding a color is not good.

Edit... it seems a bit too big for me, as I said before I didn't have trouble with it but well I guess it doesn't matter.
Wish I could have a global template so I dont have to change that in every theme.

Lol.. these guys using an <a> for it... it takes the "hover" color of links and idk how to "nullify" that.

@Soly Hardcoding a color is easy peacy and will not impact on the rest of the website. Not if you use the right selector at least.

Yes it is big, well I use "em" but you could use "px" in order to adjust it better. 50px seems not too big not too small, could try it ?

Spoiler

You don't have a global template Oo you see, that's where frameworks come handy, they provide a global template allowing you to tweak everything at will.
They even got templates of template xD

You can nullify that if you do something like that

a:hover {
	/*
  	use anything you'd like instead of white of course
  	the "!important" part is only needed if they also use !important or if your css is placed above their css
  	so as long as your css is the last one loaded you don't need "!important", as long as they don't use it too
  	*/
	color: white !important;
}

Edited by Misombre

7 minutes ago, Misombre said:

You don't have a global template Oo you see, that's where frameworks come handy, they provide a global template allowing you to tweak everything at will.
They even got templates of template xD

I meant a template across all themes.

9 minutes ago, Misombre said:

You can nullify that if you do something like that

If I put white, it will be always white which is not different from what they already have (gray)...  it would affect all other links too, no?

Also I meant nullify not overwrite, if I can "nullify" the a:hover of the backToTop, it will keep the a (no hover) color which will then match whatever theme color you have so it looks better just bumping the opacity to 1.0.