Ideas to improve the server - feel free to post!

3 minutes ago, Aeroprism said:

This has probably been asked before and if so, my apologies but I can't find it in the thread so I'm going to take my chance:

Would it be very complicated to remove the lock on quest groups? It's kind of annoying to start a quest knowing full well that once you're in, no one can join. I'm not talking about timed or ranked quests such as TTF and CCA where exploits would be too blatant, but regular quests that simply add some flavor and context to the same ~10 maps we play over and over again.

If this is just some silly flag Sega hard-coded there, it shouldn't be too hard but if it involves re-syncing clients with downloaded data, I won't be surprised if you say it can't be done.

Yes, it can be done.  But it introduces many more bugs than it's benefit

Hey all!!!

What are the possibilities and opinions on special events a few times a month? (Nothing too crazy. We obviously want to keep the game balanced and enjoyable.) Maybe one day a month where...

Double meseta drops.

Mag always hungry.

Increase rare and photon drop drops. (Just a LITTLE more than usual. Again, maintain balance.)

One quest gives double xp. (In addition to multiplier.)

Shops sell rares. (For a GOOD chunk of meseta of course.)

etc...

Obviously these are just suggestions. I'm new here and I don't what is in the realm if possibility. But I think this server is great as-is.!!!

Any other monthly events you could think of?

Peace and love to ALL!!! =)

1 hour ago, guywithpie said:

Hey all!!!

What are the possibilities and opinions on special events a few times a month? (Nothing too crazy. We obviously want to keep the game balanced and enjoyable.) Maybe one day a month where...

Double meseta drops.
Mag always hungry.
Increase rare and photon drop drops. (Just a LITTLE more than usual. Again, maintain balance.)
One quest gives double xp. (In addition to multiplier.)
Shops sell rares. (For a GOOD chunk of meseta of course.)
etc...

Obviously these are just suggestions. I'm new here and I don't what is in the realm if possibility. But I think this server is great as-is.!!!
Any other monthly events you could think of?

Peace and love to ALL!!! =)

Yoo!

Here are the possibilities and my opinion mixed up.

I think increased meseta would be cool... in fact it could be integrated with "Happy Hour", but maybe at a different multiplier rate, or just have its own "Meseta Hour"

The mag hungry time is hardcoded in the client, I'd rather do a shorter feed time than a non existant one.
I was thinking of doing something to let people have a shorter feed time, which is technically possible but I haven't tested yet.

As I said in the first line, there is this thing called "Happy Hour" which makes the rare drop rates 3x for 3 hours, but the photon drops are not rare items (are common items) and they don't get affected. This happens multiple times a month, ideally twice a week but sometimes we have many more than that.

We already have 3x (2x from Lv160 up) and sometimes we have week (end) long "green names" which usually include increased rare monster rates and 5x experience.
Personally I don't feel like doubling (I'd rather instead make a +1x, imagine 10x exp that'd be insane) is really necessary at all due to multiplier we already have in the day to day grind.

Rares in shops, here is a reply about why something similar is not happening, it applies to this too

Hey All!!!

Sitting here feeding my mag a few of the 2000 monomates I need to feed her.  >_> (They are "hers" right? lol)

Thinking about the game and how amazing it is. =) I was wondering if there are competitive events in addition to the holiday events.

I think that everyone would enjoy "Hunters Tournaments". I have no idea how events are arranged, (Sorry for my noob stank.) but maybe we could have events where teams who get the most kills or boss falls or defeating other teams, etc. are rewarded. Perhaps in addition to bragging rights they can receive prizes. Maybe they can offer rare items as an entrance fee.

Don't know if something like that is possible, but I think everyone would enjoy it. =)

Peace and love to ALL!!!

P.S. Joking side point. Maybe we could dump our mag fodder into a que that will feed it over time so we dont have to. lol (1600 monomates to go. lol)

Edited by guywithpie

Competitive events are often held by other players.  You actually just missed one

I'm pretty sure that both me and @TripleR are planning on hosting one soon.

@Lemon I made a notice last week to say it was not yet over =) It ends with Halloween (so quite soon enough anyway).

@guywithpie Also right after the end of the Samurai Event, there will be a little samurai battle mode too.

I was thinking about a "profile switch". Something that allow the player to define an equipment profile and to switch stuff with a key (perhaps).

Example :

Profile 1 :

• wedding dress
  • centurion/battle
  • v502
  • ADEPT
  • Smartlink
  • Red Ring
  • Mag 5/145/50/0

Profile 2 :

• Mother/garb+
  • v801
  • Centurion/Mind
  • Cure/Freeze
  • Hylian Shield
  • Mag 15/0/0/185

So the key switch or the command would equip it as long as you got the stuff in your inventory. My example is quite "big", but to be honest I think that it would only concerns units & mags switch (and perhaps shield too). Now... that's just a floating idea, but am quite sure it's not doable at the moment, right ?

Edited by Misombre

Simple question, quality of life only: Would it be possible to increase the length of certain text fields in the game?  Let's say the game names in the lobby?  Because "ULT TTF <3" is one thing but if I could call my game "WREAK HAVOC WITH US - WE HAVE COOKIES", success would be instantaneous and tremendous.

Same goes with in-game chat lines.  Could the size be increased?  It's annoying to be restricted to two short lines.

This may or may not have been brought up before, but if a feature could be added to switch room "leadership" to another player without having to remake rooms just for ID change could be added that would be cool ^^

12 hours ago, Misombre said:

@Lemon I made a notice last week to say it was not yet over =) It ends with Halloween (so quite soon enough anyway).

@guywithpie Also right after the end of the Samurai Event, there will be a little samurai battle mode too.

I was thinking about a "profile switch". Something that allow the player to define an equipment profile and to switch stuff with a key (perhaps).

Example :

Profile 1 :

• wedding dress
  • centurion/battle
  • v502
  • ADEPT
  • Smartlink
  • Red Ring
  • Mag 5/145/50/0

Profile 2 :

• Mother/garb+
  • v801
  • Centurion/Mind
  • Cure/Freeze
  • Hylian Shield
  • Mag 15/0/0/185

So the key switch or the command would equip it as long as you got the stuff in your inventory. My example is quite "big", but to be honest I think that it would only concerns units & mags switch (and perhaps shield too). Now... that's just a floating idea, but am quite sure it's not doable at the moment, right ?

The problem with that is.... the server only emulates what the client does (for things like this), I can switch the equipped items in the server but the client wont... so this is really not possible with lots of client modifications which I'd rather not do.

7 hours ago, Aeroprism said:

Simple question, quality of life only: Would it be possible to increase the length of certain text fields in the game?  Let's say the game names in the lobby?  Because "ULT TTF <3" is one thing but if I could call my game "WREAK HAVOC WITH US - WE HAVE COOKIES", success would be instantaneous and tremendous.

Same goes with in-game chat lines.  Could the size be increased?  It's annoying to be restricted to two short lines.

Sadly is not possible... parts of the game network protocol are fixed, like room name and room password, other parts are fixed in the client like the chat and simple mail.

49 minutes ago, makaveli said:

This may or may not have been brought up before, but if a feature could be added to switch room "leadership" to another player without having to remake rooms just for ID change could be added that would be cool ^^

With leadership you mean just changing the room ID?
If not, not possible, the same as the "profiles" idea.
If yes, that'd be abused... "hey these monsters have nothing good on my ID, take it while we kill them then give it to me back for the next room...."

Ah that sucks. If it was implemented ofc it would have to have a restriction such as only allowed to use before quest and not when they are active. But it probably isn't worth the work anyway haha.

I don't know if this has been suggested, but I've been playing PSO since Dreamcast. Yesterday I got my first level 200 character ever. Data corruption sucks. I wish there were a banner saying "Congratulations, (character name) has achieved level 200." Maybe I am just proud and want the community to know. What do you think?

getting a character lvl 200 on this server isn't really much of a challenge haha. now maybe if this was vanilla with 1x exp rates that would be different.. xD

congrats btw!

Or you could have this kind of banner if you set the exp x1 all the way lv 1 -> lv 200

But I don't think that would worth it, not even to mention that they may have no way to know if the player kept the x1 exp or if he just used it for the last chunk of exp.