Ideas to improve the server - feel free to post!

I would love to see people's location added to /roomgcs. Soly, you said you already had the array for it since it tells you before joining the game.

Also, if it's possible, something like /message "Hey, I'm afk a minute." while you're in a room. And have that message pop up to people joining the room in the same area where it says EXP Rate: 3.

It would be cool to show Room Section ID in the information before joining a room. This is shown in /roominfo command, so that shouldn't be crazy to implement.

And a /setname command to change the name of the room you're in. Should be leader only unlike /setpass. I've had a lot of times where we'd make a game, "CCA" and then decide we're going to play RT. OR you make B>Item game, but then you change your mind and change to B>Item2. It would be nice to not have to leave/remake the game every time.

I'd also like to see a "weapon ungrinder" for a stupid reason. Just an item that does -1 grind on a weapon. Sometimes with sets of weapons, it's cool to have like a +50, and a +49 so you can easily tell which is which in quick menu without going to stats.

And I would really like to see an increase in mats for some characters with the increase in max stats here. I'm not sure if it's per class or per race (Human,Newman,Cast), but it would be nice to tweak it individually to the mat to be able to max these stats. I think it should be possible to max ATP/MST/ATA/Luck on any character without using more than 1 unit specifically for stats, giving room for Smartlink, V502, V801, C/battle, Cure/Stuff.

There needs to be items to buff Hunters other than HUcast. When objectively thinking about this game and the items available on this server, it doesn't make sense to play any other Hunter class because no traps, no PR, no AS, worse HP/ATP, etc. Techs and better ATA hardly matter. Hucassy would really only need that ATA for charge vulcans since she can't use PR.

i have one suggestion which i think needs real consideration since it could make a big difference to the community. I noticed when running a solomode seabed game that olga flow was not beatable (took 0 damage). After a little asking in lobby i heard that this was done on purpose for solomode to stop people for 'easy' hunts. Well i disagree and for a few reasons:

1) whats the point of solo-mode if you want to solo.

2) multimode is hard enough to play alone if you want to solo (dont want people taking your drops)

3) new players who have no gear are actually able to hunt during these events, instead of joining rooms and just waiting for the item to drop.

4) no ttf,rt or other boss quests mean that it wont exactly be easy and fast. you still have to go through each area.

5) newbie forces are unable to hunt/contribute to anything or if they want to solo it would still be hard.

I think this needs to be addressed and i would hopefully like to see some points on both sides as to why you think its good or not

bump x2

So I have an idea concerning HH. And I'm sorry in advance if you have already gotten this a million times.

From what I have seen there is an average of 1 HH per day (going by the HH alert thread, this seems to hold pretty well as an average). But I think that it would be better to have 2 or 3 shorter (90 min or so) ones throughout the day, since it is so often that I (and I am sure many others) am asleep during HH. In fact, I don't think I've been awake for an HH in over a week. This certainly would mitigate the problem to some extent, and makes it more difficult for there to be a bias for a particular timezone.

That's basically the suggestion. Adding anything else seems unnecessary, but if you want me to elaborate just ask.

Ok :L since no one even said anything about this figured it was worth another mention.

We (Kajex) have thought of that before, a few times already... I haven't messed up with it tho.

What do you think of the idea, though? Good or bad overall? And the logic behind it?

Does it have a relatively easy implementation or not as straightforward as I seem to think it is?

• 4 weeks later...

I always thought it would be nice if there was an item that lets you add a small amount of % to a weapon. Like 5 or 10. Should of course be a rare drop that's not too common. I mean, the playerbase on Ultima is relatively small so not a huge amount of PDs will be dropped on average for all players to be able to power up their weapons in a reasonable amount of time. Just considering how many PDs it takes to fully sphere weapons, especially a naturally percentless weapon like Psycho Raven - 337 PDs for just one area so over 1000 PDs for all three. Takes ages to get that by trading and we're talking of only one single weapon.

I doubt something like this can be implemented, just wishful thinking of an item that would be nice if it existed ...

Jumping on the HH talk, it'd be nice if there were a few scheduled ones during the week (automated maybe?) and then GMs could toss in a few more whenever they feel like, it or however that works. I idle a lot while doing work just waiting to see if there's going to be an HH.

Alternatively, some sort of system to notify when HHs happen would useful. The HH topic is really hit or miss and who knows how much of the HH is left before anyone posts in it, if at all.

Just some thoughts. Keep up the good work :)

Edited by mcxvi

Jumping on the HH talk, it'd be nice if there were a few scheduled ones during the week (automated maybe?) and then GMs could toss in a few more whenever they feel like, it or however that works. I idle a lot while doing work just waiting to see if there's going to be an HH.

Alternatively, some sort of system to notify when HHs happen would useful. The HH topic is really hit or miss and who knows how much of the HH is left before anyone posts in it, if at all.

It has been discussed before and such... but at the end HH supposedly should be 1 or 2 (at most 3) times a week (according to larva, afaik) so there isn't too much room for that.

I don't keep track of the topic, but usually people post in it most of the time so is not that much of hi/miss