towards the future, how to: gotta go FAST

theancientsam

Hi, i'm Snipe/Samm/Sam/SAM/Sammy/ Snipe/ir SAM/ SAM/Samantha/ Snipe'sHu/Snipe and /Sam. ive seen some players struggling with a quest thats been out since what... day one? thats Towards the Future. this post is about the normal ttf not that ttfultima... which is nice and all but way slower than ttf. we run an average of 11-12 minute runs. (fastest time was 2 man 10.15, ramarl lv 160s racast 200) 2-3 people, sometimes 4. but when i look in other peoples games and check the times, i see 3-4 man 15-20 minute runs by the time they are at falz. considering we need to run about say 500 ttfs over the next weeks to get STA i feel we need to do them as fast as possible. if you are struggling with getting a good time and interested in going fast in ttf, we are here to discuss SANIC speed. please leave your comments below. one thing i find very important is that whoever is in your game is doing damage and not causing DMC (damage cancel) (yeah its real) (and yeah its awful).

i have a few tips to share that have helped us go faster.

1. dont spend all day at boss teleporter using shifta deband. most likely we just need shifta anyway because they are gonna die before we ever get hit. dragon drl vol opt...

2. charge your pb! you want at leaste a 2 way pb for falz to get that lv 41 sd or whatever. makes a huge difference

3. males should have psyco ravens with dark, racast/ramar should use both pravens and charged yas for falz. using pr when in range.

4. when entering the baranz room, get your group together. once everyone is together, run everyone passed the baranz. one cast should ice trap once on the other side of the spawn, and shoot the trap. someone else hit the door switch, and everyone run to boss. if done right all 3 baranz should have full hp when you reach the boss and all missles will miss.

5.know how ttf works (special enemies, secret walls etc.)

6. as far as forest goes i beleive the whole team should focus on killing their way to the dragon instead of killing the special booma. (seems to be faster to kill everything if you have the gear for it)

7. who ever is in the front should hit the special switches/fake walls/ special enemies. while the rest of the team goes on without you. the next time this is needed it may be a different player (sinew room) who runs to spawn the enemies. who ever is in front should get it.

8. in the room before the sinew spawn, only one person should stop to attack to unlock the door. the more ppl who stop running to attack is gonna slow the time down.

9. dont let dragon fly away. use dm, bombchu, banana cannon, CR etc.

10. kill drl asap. dm, abeast master sword, 100 souls, multi hit stuff.

11. on vol opt 1st form if you can just blow up the screens. if your fo is really op and is confident he can lock him down u can try that but as soon as he messes up your wasting time you coulda just blasted the screens (bomchu, cr, dm, bananna cannon etc)

12. if someone gets stuck in vol opts trap just keep shooting the boss. unless u know the only one doing dammage is the guy who is trapped. if thats the case... welp... rip idk cuz u probly cant even free him if youre not doing dammage.

13. dont use a pipe before DRL. youre gonna waste precious pb thats gonna take way more time to charge for before falz

14. dont charge before falz on enemies, charge on spinners if you are not 100 yet. keep your dimate and trimate finger ready and get hit by spinners as much as you can, it charges pb very fast.

15. decide who is doing what pbs well ahead of falz.

16. use pb before or after spinners. up to you. just dont forget to do it on first form if you wait. pro of doing it after spinner is we all have that one friend who dies at spinners. and weve all had a freak accident there. might be safer to wait. but in most cases if your using a quick normal attack and moving a lot you should be fine dodging spinners. (sometimes i stare at my map instead of my character durring spinners)

17. running out of unorgainized tips

18. run a team that has atp/mst. so racast ramarl, racast fo, hu ramarl, etc. u want balance or its gonna suck.

19. when u cast shifta, dont set time aside just for shifta, try to do it while the team is killing stuff but mainly not at boss telelporter. its easy to buff people inside the boss and that can save a few seconds. (every one rushes to boss, then we wait for for to shifta.... deband... resta... go already its just dragon xD)

20. depending on if fo or ramarl etc your sd will last a different amount of time. just reapply shifta depending on the time it will run out but dont focus too heavily on this and mostly dont waste time doing it. 19 and 20 are the same idea i guess.

21. dont forget to zalure (i actually have a weakness with this one because im not using clio or bunny ears) ask your teammates if anyone can bring srank zalure weapons so that you are not the only one who can do zalure.

22. play together as a team and practice. work together and remember you are only as fast as the slowest member.

23. ruins. in the second room leave an arlan alive. and jellen that arlan if you can. not killing them prevent more and more useless enemies from spawning and saves time. ruins is like a 1 minute dungeon if you rush it right.

24. try to find your way to the teleporter as boss is dying. after dragon and drl u can move and once you figure out how the camera moves in relation to your character you can teleport before you get the message that says (forest complete) or whatever. after vol opt the teleporter appears where the green arrow stands at the start of second form (second player to join is green).

25. obviously skip all enemies you dont need to kill.

26. /lobby if anyone is not trying to go fast. if someone says chill, report them to a gm and remake the game.

27. charged yas is probably the most important weapon to have on your rangers... the more yas you have the faster falz will die by a lot. bonus points if you have a 100 dark hit praven you can swap to when in range to do a little more dammage with HHH combo.

28. if you have the moster hp reader, tell your team how much hp falz has left if he happens to get away. try to not kill your teammates when he steals souls. it changes is pattern when you kill him and can make him difficult to hit. just wait for the soul to come back and use light attacks that wont kill your team mate. if your soul is stolen use mates like you want to live!!! also if someone can spam resta while someone does foie or something light then falz will probably die before you do.

29. stagger your combos on vol opt screens to keep him locked down in one spot.

30. post any ideas you have below about going FAST

Edited by theancientsam
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Dw 1

It's almost faster to not use PB. Especially when you have something like DF, PB won't make enough of a difference to cancel out the time wasted to take the time to PB. Also if you're trying to TA, piping before DRL saves all of those precious seconds. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Arturoux said:

Don't DMC!

This. Especially on falz in the 3rd phase, can get a bit annoying when you are dealing massive damage with charge yas9k and the 3 others are spamming like MM and dealing less than 100 damage. In that case its better just let the main dps do the job.

5 hours ago, mudkipzjm said:

It's almost faster to not use PB. Especially when you have something like DF, PB won't make enough of a difference to cancel out the time wasted to take the time to PB.

Thank you! I've been trying to explain that since forever to some people and they simply don't get it. Glad i'm not the only one thinking at that way. @Heavy Nova @pishion look at this! This applies to some other quests too, but well some people are too obsessed to pb i guess lol.

1) Also the Baranz room is easily skipped for solo or group. If you are a droid, just walk between them and before they spawn, pop a freeze trap.  This will freeze the 3 Baranz (regular TTF) and will get you enough time to break the flying spinning thing that opens the door and get safety to the boss warp room. This can be done with DM laser or with a cannon rogue, in case you are a ranger, or with bomb-chu or kunai if you are a hunter (other weapons i cant remember now work too). The DF special does the work too, but its a bit tricky, since you gotta get right under the spinning thing and its not worth it, since you loose time to get under it.

If you are a fleshie, you can do this too, but its a little bit more tricky. Just pass between the baranz and go next to the left wall. Care to spawn the middle robot or the flying spinning thing won't spawn. Your objective is getting the fast as possible under the spinning thing (where the "fake door" is), so it turns off the baranz aggro and make them return to their spawn positon again. You should get this by getting hit for 1 or 2 missiles, so its not a big deal. Break the spinning thing and run to the boss warp room door, close to the left wall, so you don't get hit by those missles. This saves you alot of time on that room.

2) Also falz 3rd part is really good for DF users, since 2 falz attacks are set damage. The cleave always deals 1100 damage and the blue bubbles deals 1500 damage with a critical attack. Also don't try to dodge the blue bubbles attack in ultimate since its impossible to dodge it since you can make other people get hit (if it is possible to dodge it, its really damn difficult and never seen anyone doing so). Also, contrary of what many people believe, running from those bubbles don't mitigate the damage. Its just a question of getting a normal hit or a crit, no matter the angle you get. So this 2 moments are perfect for you to manage your HP to set it up for DF special (DF special can kill falz really quickly if you have luck with him standing in front of you), or even to get your hp low enough to get invincibility from your mag. 

3) In the 2nd phase falz its possible to mitigate the fire and ice attacks. When falz is preparing to use his right (fire) or left arm (ice) he will pull one of his arms. In that moment he locks the angle of the shoot, which is in the direction of your position. Walking prependicular to the shot direction, on those seconds between the arm lock and the shoot, will mitigate alot of damage. If you stand quiet, you will get hit twice by the ice attack and probably get killed. This will save alot of time to the team if you don't get killed over and over, so in the 3rd phase you don't loose time walking and reviving people. Keeping alive = less time wasted

4) if you are a FO or RAmarl/HUney jellen DRL. Jellen is really usefull in this particular boss, because in that way you won't get knock down by those long things. Not getting knock down = more dps = Faster.

Sorry if i didn't express too well, but english is not my native language, so it can get a bit complicated to express correctly.

Edited by jezbuz
  • Like 4

true there is some debate on weather to save pb or use a tp. i feel if you have a fo then sure pipe it up. if you dont tho its gonna take way longer to kill falz with lv 15-20 shifta. also theres another way if you do have a fo or someone in your party who is gonna have very low pb no matter what by the time u get to falz then perhaps that character can be the one to take a pipe to drl, or pipe from one side of ruins to the other. personally i find it goes faster with a two way pb than it does to use lv 30 buffs and pipe. honestly i dont use pipes enough to have a fair opinion on this.  but whatever is good for your individual team is what you should do. idk about you guys but i dont run into too many people with maxed charged yas and or psyco ravens enough to trust the tele pipe. i just ran with a hucast and we did the pipe thing and ended up with a 12 14 time. it was very fast getting to falz but then we lost all that time struggling to kill falz with low buffs. especially since hucast range is limited and ramarl atp is limited. theres my two cents on that. now i m sure if i was running with someone like mudd (ramar or maybe even racast) it wouldnt have slowed us down at all since they can use yas and pr. where as hucast is limited to pr and a handgun

1 hour ago, jezbuz said:

This. Especially on falz in the 3rd phase, can get a bit annoying when you are dealing massive damage with charge yas9k and the 3 others are spamming like MM and dealing less than 100 damage. In that case its better just let the main dps do the job.

Thank you! I've been trying to explain that since forever to some people and they simply don't get it. Glad i'm not the only one thinking at that way. @Heavy Nova @pishion look at this! This applies to some other quests too, but well some people are too obsessed to pb i guess lol.

1) Also the Baranz room is easily skipped for solo or group. If you are a droid, just walk between them and before they spawn, pop a freeze trap.  This will freeze the 3 Baranz (regular TTF) and will get you enough time to break the flying spinning thing that opens the door and get safety to the boss warp room. This can be done with DM laser or with a cannon rogue, in case you are a ranger, or with bomb-chu or kunai if you are a hunter (other weapons i cant remember now work too). The DF special does the work too, but its a bit tricky, since you gotta get right under the spinning thing and its not worth it, since you loose time to get under it.

If you are a fleshie, you can do this too, but its a little bit more tricky. Just pass between the baranz and go next to the left wall. Care to spawn the middle robot or the flying spinning thing won't spawn. Your objective is getting the fast as possible under the spinning thing (where the "fake door" is), so it turns off the baranz aggro and make them return to their spawn positon again. You should get this by getting hit for 1 or 2 missiles, so its not a big deal. Break the spinning thing and run to the boss warp room door, close to the left wall, so you don't get hit by those missles. This saves you alot of time on that room.

2) Also falz 3rd part is really good for DF users, since 2 falz attacks are set damage. The cleave always deals 1100 damage and the blue bubbles deals 1500 damage with a critical attack. Also don't try to dodge the blue bubbles attack in ultimate since its impossible to dodge it since you can make other people get hit (if it is possible to dodge it, its really damn difficult and never seen anyone doing so). Also, contrary of what many people believe, running from those bubbles don't mitigate the damage. Its just a question of getting a normal hit or a crit, no matter the angle you get. So this 2 moments are perfect for you to manage your HP to set it up for DF special (DF special can kill falz really quickly if you have luck with him standing in front of you), or even to get your hp low enough to get invincibility from your mag. 

3) In the 2nd phase falz its possible to mitigate the fire and ice attacks. When falz is preparing to use his right (fire) or left arm (ice) he will pull one of his arms. In that moment he locks the angle of the shoot, which is in the direction of your position. Walking prependicular to the shot direction, on those seconds between the arm lock and the shoot, will mitigate alot of damage. If you stand quiet, you will get hit twice by the ice attack and probably get killed. This will save alot of time to the team if you don't get killed over and over, so in the 3rd phase you don't loose time walking and reviving people.

Sorry if i didn't express too well, but english is not my native language, so it can get a bit complicated to express correctly.

i find it possible to avoid the blue bubble attack but its not easy at all. u gotta run a straight line the whole way. and u have to start running before he throws the attack. but like you say just eat it, not worth getting someone else hit or the time it takes to run around when you could just get hit, get back up, and ready your weapon.

i would also like to add that if you are not gonna be using telepipes plz dont spend the whole ttf using charge attacks that dont build pb. if you are focused on building pb then even if you are not 100 at falz u can charge the rest of the way on spinners.

it especially erks me when ppl are using charge on dragon while he is down.

dragon takes no dammage after he is down after like 3 seconds. once he gets about 9k hp or whatever he cant be hurt. and i watch ppl just wasting meseta for no reason what so ever on him at that part. the reason i attack him is cuz im trying to build pb while at dragon. if your not building pb you can just like... not attack, walk to the warp and let whoever the RA is get him down when he goes to fly off. just my 3 cents

Edited by theancientsam
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, theancientsam said:

26. /lobby if anyone is not trying to go fast. if someone says chill, report them to a gm and remake the game.

funnniest thing ive heard in awhile...

we had good times, faster then when we had a fo lol theres no reason to be posting this now, there going to think its easy drop and make it harder man

(you forgot samantha)

6 minutes ago, O9B066 said:

funnniest thing ive heard in awhile...

we had good times, faster then when we had a fo lol theres no reason to be posting this now, there going to think its easy drop and make it harder man

(you forgot samantha)

haha thanks man i was trying to throw a funny in there xD

I mean, if you really want to time attack it you would be doing 4way before the quest even starts...

The most important thing really is to divide up your roles accordingly... And to let just one person gizonde vol opt 1 and the other three do nothing at all.
There's a lot of other little things too though. For example, in falz spinner phase, a strong fo with hylian can rafoie and kill spinners in one hit while other people focus on killing the edge ones (this means don't dm the middle ones that the fo can target, use rifle to pick off stragglers. in teams without fo able to do that, rangers clear middle ones while hu pick off outer spinners).
Gifoie in spinner phase is not worth except for if you are counting and stack it for the final wave, but that is very minor optimization. In dragon and ball phases, if fo gifoie does 150+ damage, they can do 2 gifoie to spawnkill spinners, which let's hu/ra just go for straight damage on falz a lot instead of having to dm beam dragon head to stop spinners or other such things. It's also really helpful in ball phase to kill spinners before they pop up as long as you stay relatively close, though fo will have their hands quite full with gifoie and resta, so they can't revive and rebuff people easily if they die. Ramarl/Huney can manage this too with with things like red merge / gifoie merge and rika's claw I believe, as well as humar/ramar with power glove though that is not as ideal since it's slower for them and they could be doing damage. But a fo using gifoie means a hu can easily use berserk weapons like daylight scar / m&a60vise to do tons of damage and reach df hp without worrying about a random spinner killing them.
Those are just a few examples for just 1 boss, there are tons of little things where teammates should be able to pick complementary roles (and shift if necessary), rather than everyone trying to all do the same thing and actually slow things down.

Edited by Fyrewolf5

5 minutes ago, Ruffalufacus said:

Aim for 11 minute ttfs on ultimate. That's a very fast time. My personal is sub 11 around 10:52 I believe. So even 15 minutes is good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

me and him were running 12's start to finish 2 ra's...as fyrewolfe said 4 way before we start, but that eats up time too. 12 start to finish with me, im sure he was under that with someone who has better gear you cant ask for much better imo.

Just now, O9B066 said:

me and him were running 12's start to finish 2 ra's...as fyrewolfe said 4 way before we start, but that eats up time too. 12 start to finish with me, im sure he was under that with someone who has better gear you cant ask for much better imo.

4way before you start means before you even start the quest. You go to ruins and build up to 100, pb, then go back to town and start the quest with 81 s/d. That's for doing true time attacks.
And yea, as ruff says sub 11 is possible solo, on both hu and ra.