Best classes for a noob

TheBitGuy

I would say racast, very tank, has traps that helps a lot with crowd control and has good atp.
Hucast for the same reason plus since his atp is super high you can still do decent damage with no gear, but since it's an hunter and you need to melee is harder to use.
Or you can get a force to start, and support parties till you get gear for other classes.
Just remember that freeze traps are very good.
And try to get a mag with high atp and ata asap. In the beginning is even more important than weapons.

Edited by BK-201

I would recommend:

• Fomarl is best support Fo
  • Fonewearl is (arguably) best burst Fo
  • Racast is (arguably) best DPS Ra
  • Ramar / Ramarl are also good, but less damage based and more utility
  • Hucast has good damage and low accuracy
  • Hucaseal has good accuracy but less damage than Racast
  • Hunewearl Is cute and has resta
Edited by Lemon
  • Like 1

Play a bunch of different ones then choose which one feels most comfortable to you

Personally I recommend something with higher ata for starting, seeing as accuracy is going to be an issue once you hit ultimate

I would say, a newman force, any cast except hucast, and ramarl.

2 hours ago, TheBitGuy said:

learn how to play

Trouble is, a lot of new players are being pulled up to higher levels in random parties doing quests like TTF, gaining a lot of exp while not really learning how to play.

Back in the Dreamcast version, I was handed down all kinds of items (most likely hacked stuff but at that time I had no idea) and in hindsight, at level 100 I still was playing pretty noobish. Then I got into Challenge Mode, and that helped immensely to get better at the game.

Edited by El Socko

I started out on HUnewearl, but I guess any class is fine. Just find a class you really enjoy then go with that. I personally enjoy HUcast, RAcast, and FOmarl out of the classes, but you might find yourself enjoying something else.

1 hour ago, Misombre said:

:onion-head48: Why so much hatred ! They just want to be loved ='§

Is that a bad word? I always thought it was a degree of beauty. :onion-head57:

@Lemon

That's not the issue xD

Basically you gave serious pros to all above characters, and when it comes to huney, you say it's "cute", which has nothing to do with being a beginner or playing ^^ also, resta yes, but so have Force and ramar/ramarl so... huney are just the bottom list to you and basically they can play Ms.Univers, but that's it :onion-head06:

1 hour ago, Misombre said:

@Lemon

That's not the issue xD

Basically you gave serious pros to all above characters, and when it comes to huney, you say it's "cute", which has nothing to do with being a beginner or playing ^^ also, resta yes, but so have Force and ramar/ramarl so... huney are just the bottom list to you and basically they can play Ms.Univers, but that's it :onion-head06:

Ah, I should have explained better.  She seems to be the same as Hucaseal (at least to me so far) except she's cute and has resta instead of traps.

16 minutes ago, Lemon said:

Ah, I should have explained better.  She seems to be the same as Hucaseal (at least to me so far) except she's cute and has resta instead of traps.

Not having traps is a big drawback overall, and hunewearl also has a big disadvantage in that newman growth rates are pretty low. While they can be somewhat competent at 200, before then they have a hard time keeping up. At level 200 they are 62 ata off max, whereas the other hunters only need like 30-40ata.