Jump to content

Everything about donations


Recommended Posts

Hello mate !

You just came on this server, you barely know about PDS (http://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php/topic/341-photon-drops-info) and already, people are talking about DTS...

So what is this strange beast, and how to get your way around that...


  • WHAT IS IT ?

In order to maintain the server alive (since well everything come with a price), you have the wonderful possibility to make a donation to the server.

When you make a donation, you get what we call DTS or DT, standing for Donation TicketS.

1 DT = 1 $

DTS can then be used for at least two things :

- Redeeming things in this list : https://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/announcement/13-item-list-donations/

- Trading with other players


  • How to get it ?

First, you need to visit this page : https://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/donate/make-donation/

When you've been through the procedure, you will then receive a automatic personal message (pm) from @Larva, with "New Donation" as the title. (Larva will most probably never read it, so don't lose your time trying to answer him ^^)

Just to be sure, the message will be the following :


Hello {yourpseudo},

This is an automated message confirming your donation.

Thanks for your donation of {the sum you paid} USD

To use your Donation Tickets, add a GM or Moderator to this conversation,
and contact them in game too.

Thanks Ultima PsOBB Forum


  • What to do with it ?

1. To redeem for donation list item/service

In that pm, you will see at the top something like (outside the Conversation box area) :


Click on "add" and enter the name of one of the GM (@cyane and @Soly by example)

Then, if you want to redeem for something in the donation list. Well, make a nice post in that pm asking for what you want.

The GM will put the item on one of your character (first slot by default, but if you're online with your first character it will be on second slot, something like that).

You can also ask a GM on the chat or in game. If they have enough time and you ask nicely enough =) they will ask you to "up the pm" which means you have to post in the pm where your DTs are so that they can see it. They can then join you in a room in game and redeem on the spot.

2. To trade with a player

- Add the player to the pm (yes still the one with your DTS, that you get from that Larva) the same way you've added the GM before (even if you do not redeem, DO ADD A GM before adding someone else). That way, people knows that you have enough DTS to make the trade.

- Post a message in this pm saying something like : "x DTS to thatguy" where 'x' is the number of DTS and 'thatguy' is the pseudo of the trader (the forum pseudo). You can also write a true sentence like "I give x DTS to thatguy for that item and also that"

- The trader will give you what he/she promised you in exchange of the dts. It will happen in game, you need to make a party (with password or not, free to you) and the trader will join the room (if you told him the room's name and the password via pm before, of course) and give you what he/she owes you (according to the terms of your previous agreement).

Simply put :

Add the trader to the pm > post how much you give him > make a room and share the name/password with the trader > get your items

A bit of informations about trading...

People used to trade 15 DTS for 99 PDS, so like 1 DTS for 6.6 PDS

That is not set in stone and will depend on the market/trader, obviously.


  • Key points

-DTS are stored as post on the forum in your PMs, therefore it's not an in game item.

-You need to add people to the pm with your DTS in order to sell them.

-You need to be added to the pm with other people's DTS in order to buy them.

-If you have DTS in many different PMs, you need to ask a GM to move them all in one PM in order to

be able to use them as a whole. (if you wanna buy something worth 10 DTS and you have 2 PMs with

5 DTS each, gather them first before the trade)

-In order to move your DTS, the GM must first be added in both pm.

-When you don't have any DTS left in a pm, you may leave this pm. Make really sure there is nothing left.

-Obvious but : only GM can redeem things from the Donation List. You just don't need to meet them in game

in order to get the items.


  • Tips

-Most of the time, it is CHEAPER to just get the item from the players than from the Donation List. So don't get
in a hurry, take your time to ask people around. They will not eat you, eventually.

-When 15 dts = 99 pds, it is cheaper to sphere your weapons with dts than with pds.

15 dts get you + 35 % where 99 pds get you + 30 % (don't even argue with yourself, YES, 5 % is a big difference ^^)

-Do not trade all of your pds in dts. You need to keep some pds in your bank (like 50-99 would be a good thing ^^ optimally ofc)

because some GM's event will ask you for pds every once in a while, and at that time the dts value is greatly decreased.

-Considering the above point, try to think that way : only trade your pds for dts when you need it and no more than

the amount you need. PDs will most likely always be a more reliable value than DTs.

That's it for now.

If I made some mistakes (I must have ! One cannot be just flawless...), please feel free to correct me and point out what's wrong.

If it's incomplete, well post your two cents and I will add it (with credits !) to that post.

If you have a question... do I need to hold your hand ?

Edited by Misombre
  • Like 23
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Very helpful. You must possess a lot of time on your hands. But nonetheless extremely helpful for the newbies that come to the server. I had to figure this shit out myself. Concept of DTS is still sketchy to me but hey to each their own.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It was high time someone did this.

We've seen too many people asking those questions.

This is going to save a lot of time, thank you

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 months later...

What if your Donation message received from Larva only contained the message: "

Thank you for your donation.

".  and that's it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 9 months later...

If I have a weapon with 30% Native, does spending 15 DTs add 35% to it for a total of 65%, or does it replace the old value of 30% with 35%?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, MemeDream said:

If I have a weapon with 30% Native, does spending 15 DTs add 35% to it for a total of 65%, or does it replace the old value of 30% with 35%?

It adds % to it, so you'd have 65% instead of 30%.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...