lowering Psycho Raven equip ata

As far as balance goes, I think it's dumb that the highest atp classes (1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 5th) are the ones that get the high atp mechguns. They have tons of atp, so lets give them even more atp instead of rounding out the other classes. I know the suggestion of letting fomar use psycho ravens isn't new, it was also suggested for letting him use daylight scars which would be another option. Fomar and Fonewm can technically use master raven, but it would really need to be 70-80 hit and sphered to be effective on them, and would still miss in ep 2 anyway.

Psycho Ravens would not be OP if allowed on forces or any of the other classes, they still would work best on the male hunters and rangers (especially hucast), since they actually have the higher natural base atp; since the gaps between individual char classes (not even just between hunters and rangers and forces, but between like hucast/humar and hucaseal/hunewearl) were artificially widened with pr, all it does right now is leave some classes undesireable, underused, and underpowered. Sue's Coat even came about because of how much some of these classes were being left behind the others (though it is good, it's not really enough for huney/hucseal to overcome that gap).

Server gear could (and should imo) instead be used to make classes more rounded out, like girasole being buffed helps make it an option for males ra/fo that dont get vivienne, asteron striker being the hunter equivalent to yasminkov 7000v with hell, godric's cloak rounding out fomar's stats, master sword giving a high atp sword like tjs for ra/fo to use (hunters still can get the more powerful tjs, master sword helps rounds out other classes), etc.

Actually getting psycho ravens changed is a long shot though. What we need is a new weapon like Psycho Swans, which could be tuned around not being available to hucast/humar/racast/racaseal. I've been hoping for those to show up for awhile.

• Like 6

some new items would be great : ) ive been thinking about this some more and ive got a point to raise about l&k 38 combat . although I never played in the days where this wasn't combo locked I can only assume it was over used and crowded out other weapon options at the time but if you look at the way the game is now its all about pr for certain classes , a server made weapon which is actually more powerful then the l&k 38 although slightly less range and more ata , so is it not time now for the 38 combat to be unlocked? pr is still more powerful and people wont forget that but it adds for more diversity for hu and fo in ranged dps ? obviously I never saw how op or overused it was back in the day but im quite confident that in todays current state of the game it has a space it could fill maybe a few numbers tweaks if it became the go to weapon again but surely unlocking this and lowering pr equip ata are a decent gap filler till these possible new items come out?

It's not a weapon for classes FOs aren't supposed to have a high power high accuracy mech gun they're supposed to cast spells

FOmar

Force / Human / Male

With low defensive power and low HP FOmars are challenging to use. Their combination of techniques and quickness in combat make them unique.

FOmarl

Force / Human / Female

Besides excelling in support techniques FOmarls are competent with weapons. This gives them a more balanced growth potential.

Both of these classes were created to use weapons and techs in combination to allow them to whoop ass. This is offset by their naturally lower stats, and lower HP, but thats why forces are described as an advanced class. You get good equipment, then you git gud scrub. Allowing a weapon like Psycho Ravens to come down to forces wouldnt be any more OP than allowing Hunters to use Master Sword. It's balancing, not overempowering.

I'll be the first one to tell you, I refuse to have any of my forces just be S/D - J/Z machines. If I bring a force out, I'm trying to whoop some booty and stack some damage, I'm not there just to keep the hunters and rangers safe. I think I do a pretty good job of protecting my team, but a force that cant fight is a dead force

Edited by Angeldust
  • Like 2

some new items would be great : ) ive been thinking about this some more and ive got a point to raise about l&k 38 combat . although I never played in the days where this wasn't combo locked I can only assume it was over used and crowded out other weapon options at the time but if you look at the way the game is now its all about pr for certain classes , a server made weapon which is actually more powerful then the l&k 38 although slightly less range and more ata , so is it not time now for the 38 combat to be unlocked? pr is still more powerful and people wont forget that but it adds for more diversity for hu and fo in ranged dps ? obviously I never saw how op or overused it was back in the day but im quite confident that in todays current state of the game it has a space it could fill maybe a few numbers tweaks if it became the go to weapon again but surely unlocking this and lowering pr equip ata are a decent gap filler till these possible new items come out?

Keep in mind L&K38 hits FIVE times per hit so 15 times per unlocked combo, at handgun range. I can do calcs when I get home but I'm pretty sure L&K outdamages pr. The fact that it works from such an incredible range makes it so you don't have to use other weapons that often because you can just sit in the corner and fire down enemies. You can't do that with pr.

With that said I don't think L&K should be unlocked unless it's only useable by forces. It would make melee forces less diverse when using weapons, but it would make them viable (which male forces aren't really right now).

The idea of making a new weapons for male forces makes a lot of sense because they have a lot of trouble succeeding when focusing on melee. They need stronger mechguns, they would benefit from a better gun with hell (apart from hell raygun) and there are other things that would help them. It would make sense to let them use asteron striker as a good gun with hell instead of making a new hell gun useable only by forces. Similarly, I think it would make sense for pr to be useable by male forces because it's a simple solution to a very real problem. It's also always nice to have gear that works for many classes. Charged vulcans aren't good enough for consistent damage output especially in somewhere like seabed.

Edited by tru
  • Like 2

I've already looked at the stats tru on the l&k 38 and it seems like ultima created its own version with more damage and a range decrease to compensate : /
L&K38 Combat atp+250, ata+40, evp-30, max grind 25, req ata 145= hits 15 times for a total of 3750 at handgun range
Psycho Raven Mechgun Atp +485, Def +5, Ata +50, Evp +5, Luck +5= hits 9 times for a total of 4365 at mechgun range

with those numbers a PR combo hits for 615 damage more then an l&k full combo, has 10 more ata then an l&k, 5 luck(well it matters if you don't have all the mats yet) the only major problem as saith pointed out was the handgun range which is a pretty big one which will mean this may never make a comeback in its original form : ( but like everyone keeps saying maybe a new item will come along but im still hoping the ata to equip on the PR can be lowered as its currently wont create any monsters ( I hope ) and will give a change to underused play styles

• 6 months later...

Gonna try and reiveĀ my thread like a Phoenix , #PR for all guys . I never got a good answer as to why not to do this last time and it's currently a case of on this server if you want good damage mechs on a FOmar FOnewman you need to spend 70dts for charge type mechs which is I know is still a problem for female characters but it was clear last time they just need a new item for them but that's for another thread, here all I'm asking is the equip ata on PR to be lowered to 173 so all male characters can use like the master raven it's made from. I find this server becoming more and more like those mobile phone games where they are free to play but if you want good stuff you gotta pay which is shit . Originally type weapons were made as collection items but ultimas turned them into a cash cow , sure they are free to get via quest but to be good you gotta spend. So please lower PR equip ata and show players ultima isn't all about the money and then maybe work can start onĀ the female version to create Balance in game rather then someone's bank balance

1 hour ago, solo guy said:

Gonna try and reiveĀ my thread like a Phoenix , #PR for all guys . I never got a good answer as to why not to do this last time and it's currently a case of on this server if you want good damage mechs on a FOmar FOnewman you need to spend 70dts for charge type mechs which is I know is still a problem for female characters but it was clear last time they just need a new item for them but that's for another thread, here all I'm asking is the equip ata on PR to be lowered to 173 so all male characters can use like the master raven it's made from. I find this server becoming more and more like those mobile phone games where they are free to play but if you want good stuff you gotta pay which is shit . Originally type weapons were made as collection items but ultimas turned them into a cash cow , sure they are free to get via quest but to be good you gotta spend. So please lower PR equip ata and show players ultima isn't all about the money and then maybe work can start onĀ the female version to create Balance in game rather then someone's bank balance

That's not really true, I haven't donated and I'd say that Lemon has some very good stuff. Ā That being said, I spent 600 hours collecting that stuff and still have a long ways to go. Ā Even if it were true, taking a already good weapon and making it better is not the way to go. Ā Take some of the lesser used "mid-tier" weapons that no one uses and buff them up to being useful.

Edited by Lemon
I should read posts prior to posting responses Dx

37 minutes ago, solo guy said:

lol lemon I read your reply and had to check what I posted XDĀ 

haha at first I complained about the lack of female PR, but then saw you had too, so I deleted it.

#fomar

3 minutes ago, Lemon said:

haha at first I complained about the lack of female PR, but then saw you had too, so I deleted it.

fomarl is nice too... but...

PR is an abomination to begin with, it should only be allowed on hackers and admins :onion-head18:If you see what I mean.

I like the whole idea of "rounding all classes", for it will never happen and just prompt the escalade of OP stuff. The issue with "balancing", it's that it often does exactly the opposite. The more you balance, the more you have to balance. And am not even mentioning that people will always complain even in the best world ever, which makes things even more complicated ^^

With talk of lowering ATA req, I would like to suggest giving female characters a chance to equip the PRavens, or at least include a new "psycho swan" mech gun to allow for similar use by females, especially the hunters who currently have no similar ATP mechgun to the PR.

To me it didn't make sense learning that male hunters get an even more OP high ATP mechgun while female hunters have less ATP and are not allowed access to it.Ā  (And might I remind that this isn't nerfing anything, its just giving more options to more characters)

Edited by velociti

The main problem i've got is that you can have a weapon as powerful as PR but you HAVE to spend money to get it , type me/mech charge 80 hit is very close in power to PR as shown in tru's test , so it just seems a bit of a scam that if you play male fo who sega let use master raven you have to spend money on type mechs instead of just hunting pbc and getting a PR : / and yes the female characters have the same problem as male fos it seems like "hey if you don't play hucast or ramar then you need to spend money on your damage mech" . mechs can be used in a lot of situations but not all the time , there are a lot of worse things on this server that won't be mentioned and i seriously can't see why this can't be done it wouldn't even take long to do . So if a GM could pop in that would be much appreciated

Answer: Lindcray was made instead. Better range, better animation, less dmc-prone, amazing damage (able to be made super powerful because of its class restrictions). Forces (especially the males) and hunewearl were in need of a good ranged single target damage option, but instead of changing an existing weapon, a new weapon was made, added into an event which needed more things, and given an extremely generous drop rate too.

• Like 1