Should Larva implement PSO2 style drops along with classic style?

Should Larva Add PSO2 style drops along with Classic?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ultima server implement PSO2 style drops?

• Oh hell ya!! After all would be optional!!!
    • No Just keep it classic style drops only
    • I'm undecided
    • Vote This for the hell of it (Now just Soly)
    • Vote Doge!

I would actually do it the other way around in that case.

1 P = 90 %

2 P = 95 %

3 P = 100 %

4 P = 105 %

Or something lighter :

1 P = 96 %

2 P = 98 %

3 P = 100 %

4 P = 102 %

This way, solo playing would not be that much at disadvantage, but playing with more people would directly high up a bit the global drop rate (nothing insane though)

Now now, once again, the issue is multi-logging. That's why I guess this will never be done (not even to mention that 'giving higher rates the more people join a room' will be considered an insane heresy and I'll be lynched for even thinking about it).

But on that point, I agree with Kajex last post. If people want to bother playing 4 characters, good for them (bad for their health though). If because of those people prices go down, well prices go down and what ? I don't see any drama ^.^

• Like 4

1 P = 90 %

2 P = 95 %

3 P = 100 %

4 P = 105 %

Or something lighter :

1 P = 96 %

2 P = 98 %

3 P = 100 %

4 P = 102 %

This way, solo playing would not be that much at disadvantage, but playing with more people would directly high up a bit the global drop rate (nothing insane though)

Now now, once again, the issue is multi-logging. That's why I guess this will never be done (not even to mention that 'giving higher rates the more people join a room' will be considered an insane heresy and I'll be lynched for even thinking about it).

But on that point, I agree with Kajex last post. If people want to bother playing 4 characters, good for them (bad for their health though). If because of those people prices go down, well prices go down and what ? I don't see any drama ^.^

Wow never thought about that. Good suggestion it may work.

• Like 1

pso2 style drops wouldnt improve much of anything imo because for example let ls say some one does open rooms letting people join and they are hunting rr and lets say rr is the only reason they made the room now the host who has done i will say 20 runs of ttf as an example and someone who has not run with said host joins the room now the host as no problem with this and they complete the run and rr drops but not for the host but for the person who joined i think (at least it would be this way for me anyway) it would kill the hosts motivation to hunt anything because as far as they know it will only drop for others instead. another problem with this making multiplayer more apealing as people think it would would instead just make people with more than one account ( many people myself included) multi log for all 4 slots of the room for a greater chance of getting the drop instead of promoting playing with others because again playing with others with pso2 drops would make drops harder instead

• Like 3

As long as we didn't raise the rates to "compensate" I think it'd be okay.

I mean seriously, at this point, why would we need to raise the rates to "compensate" it's a 16 year old game that we're playing 16 years later, lets just have fun with it while people are still interested.

• Like 1

1 P = 90 %

2 P = 95 %

3 P = 100 %

4 P = 105 %

Or something lighter :

1 P = 96 %

2 P = 98 %

3 P = 100 %

4 P = 102 %

Smart suggestion bro ^^ I just hope larva does something. Fo real man.. We all would appreciate you to be more involved into people's suggestions.

A casual NO or YES along with a brief explanation wouldn't kill anyone..

@griffeni

How do you feel when you've been hunting for days something and that suddenly you see the banner of someone else finding it. And then another banner of someone else ? And so on...

That's exactly the same thing. Either you've been hunting something for ages or not, that this someone find it in your room : what difference does it makes ?

This is randomness. You find it or not, don't go thinking that because you hunt it for a longer time it is due to you. Random means you can get it in one run, (even if unlikely) or never (very unlikely too). But randomness also means that someone WILL find it before you with less effort and someone else WILL find it after you with much more effort. Unless you are The lucky guy. But we are always the lucky guy of something and the unlucky one of something else.

This is pso, we have to accept it for there is nothing wrong in it.

Eventually, the guy who join your room and find what you were looking for, can be nice and give the rare to you. Am not being naive, but such kind of person exists and perhaps that this pso2 system thing will motivate people to be more generous in that way. *dream dream*

• Like 1

@Misombre i unferstand what you are saying and i sort of agree, anyone who has played with me while im hunting for myself knows that the only drop i will take is the one i want. if there are items players run past and i see have value i will ask if anyone needs/wants it and if they say no then i will either keep for myself( mats) or give to newer players (weps with hut/decent armor/units). but not everyone is like that and might just take everything, thats why if i want an item i make a room and before i start the quest (unless its cca bc thats not a quest) i mention that i only want x item and everything else is for who wants it but must be fair to everyone and not take everything for themselfs. thats why the only time i lock my rooms are when i play with specific people or i want to be alone on solo runs because sometimes its more relaxing to me to solo rather than have other people there i have to make sure are not gonna die or get me dead with how monsters act

Yes I see =/

However I would like people to see pso2 drop style like that :

If you play solo you get your own drop end of the story.

Now if you play with people, you also get your own drop so that should be the end of the story.

We have to think about it like a solo mode with more people (that sound stupid right ? well the sentence is ^^).

What I mean is : you still have your drop like your alone, except that people are here to help you get it (and in return you're also helping them).

That would basically remove the call your hunt thing.

Instead of saying : help me find it first, and then I will help you => You can just help the people while they are helping you.

So it's a gain of time. And at the end of the day, if the same guy end up having twice the rare item, he can share (assuming you're at least playing with friends/teammate/someone nice and understanding).

Said differently : people could do their usual alone run, but in the same room ! It sounds much more fun to me =D

Of course, there will always be raging/unlucky people as well as greedy one. But hey ! Nothing new under the sun, it IS already like that.

Edited by Misombre
  • Like 4

see that ^^ is an excelent if not the best way to say its a good thing imo

but thwre are still complications of both ways

Edited by griffeni
  • Like 2

Well... of everything exposed so far...

I think it comes down to:

-If someone decides to still play Solo or the old system, everything would be like it is right now. No big deal.

-If someone decides to quad log with this new system, let them be, for sure the whole room will have a chance of getting the item more than once, but also each account will have less chance of getting the item once (And I'll probably limit it to people in the area where it dropped, so no P2 waiting).

-If people decide to play with others with the new system, although as the previous situation, they will have less chance at the item, they don't have to bother about sharing or ninjas.

For sure if they are kind enough, as pointed in some other replies, they can give the drop to other player, if they want.

All of the 3 situations are subject to luck, a player in solo could potentially get 2 or more drops in a row, in the new system 2 or more players could potentially get the drop.

Getting this rolling won't harm anyone as the old system will be there. If it gets abused it can be tweaked too.. so I guess it's ok.

Edited by Soly
  • Like 8

Well... of everything exposed so far...

I think it comes down to:

-If someone decides to still play Solo or the old system, everything would be like it is right now. No big deal.

-If someone decides to quad log with this new system, let them be, for sure the whole room will have a chance of getting the item more than once, but also each account will have less chance of getting the item once (And I'll probably limit it to people in the area where it dropped, so no P2 waiting).

-If people decide to play with others with the new system, although as the previous situation, they will have less chance at the item, they don't have to bother about sharing or ninjas.

For sure if they are kind enough, as pointed in some other replies, they can give the drop to other player, if they want.

All of the 3 situations are subject to luck, a player in solo could potentially get 2 or more drops in a row, in the new system 2 or more players could potentially get the drop.

Getting this rolling won't harm anyone as the old system will be there. If it gets abused it can be tweaked too.. so I guess it's ok.

God bless.

1 P = 90 %

2 P = 95 %

3 P = 100 %

4 P = 105 %

This is what i've been saying from the beginning somewhat.

There is no incentive for pso2 style if drop rate was lower for each player.

Make a risk and give 4 players a better drop chance per monster killed than classic version, this will REALLY encourage people to play together, especially Red Ring hunts, SJS, pgf hunts and cent/battle hunts.

I can't think of any other alternative which would make pso2 style viable.

If this was enacted, dual logging would be discouraged because currently the majority of players are mid ranged levels without endgame weapons. They will simply meet up and hunt things together. The only downside is people with DF's/DM's will dual log dark falz, etc, but that's the risk.

This is what i've been saying from the beginning somewhat.

There is no incentive for pso2 style if drop rate was lower for each player.

Make a risk and give 4 players a better drop chance per monster killed than classic version, this will REALLY encourage people to play together, especially Red Ring hunts, SJS, pgf hunts and cent/battle hunts.

I can't think of any other alternative which would make pso2 style viable.

If this was enacted, dual logging would be discouraged because currently the majority of players are mid ranged levels without endgame weapons. They will simply meet up and hunt things together. The only downside is people with DF's/DM's will dual log dark falz, etc, but that's the risk.

Why punish people who want to solo though. There's no point in even having the 1p be at 90% when the classic rate would be at 100%.

Why punish people who want to solo though. There's no point in even having the 1p be at 90% when the classic rate would be at 100%.

Hi : ) , this isn't punishing solo due to why would you enable pso2 drop style if your playing solo? This is a opt in or out system done at room creation so if your soloing just use original style : )