Ask a quick question, get a quick answer

I've been looking at the max stat planning thread, and I noticed there were *no* recommendations for any class on using EVA/DEF mats....

Are they just really low yield in terms of ultimate, or do you know of any niche builds that use them?

Defense and Evasion aren't very important stats. Elemental attacks tend to be the really deadly ones. If you want to max out def and evp you'll have to use multiple units oftentimes and there's always better units that will make your character better.

• Like 1

Another question! I noticed that some weapons have specials that seem less than great (e.g. dragon slayer). Are they bad, or am I missing something in their use?

Defense and Evasion aren't very important stats. Elemental attacks tend to be the really deadly ones. If you want to max out def and evp you'll have to use multiple units oftentimes and there's always better units that will make your character better.

Thanks Tru! :) So just get rid of the mats I have? Or make a joke character thats evp/def maxed?

Another question! I noticed that some weapons have specials that seem less than great (e.g. dragon slayer). Are they bad, or am I missing something in their use?

Thanks Tru! :) So just get rid of the mats I have? Or make a joke character thats evp/def maxed?

A lot of specials are pretty bad. Good ones include: Arrest, Hell, Demon, Charge, and Berserk. Chaos, Spirit and maybe Gush can be useful depending on the class. Also some weapons have unique specials that are useful like Tsumikiri J-Sword. As for evp and def mats. They are mostly not helpful but they can be used for certain classes that have extra materials leftover after maxing atp, ata, luck, and mind. You can leave em in the bank or get rid of them. It doesn't really matter too much. You're probably best off without the joke character lol.

• Like 2

I've been looking at the max stat planning thread, and I noticed there were *no* recommendations for any class on using EVA/DEF mats....

Are they just really low yield in terms of ultimate, or do you know of any niche builds that use them?

There's a few reasons why I did this. The biggest one is that there isn't any room for it; Ultima has increased max stats over vanilla (+100 atp mst dfp, +10 ata, +30 evp), but the same material usage limits. Trying to get that extra ten ata and hundred atp already eats up almost all the materials, any extra mats could be used on def/evp, but they could also be used to max atp before 200 or to have max luck with any shield. Most plans have to use one unit just for stats, but I try to keep as many free slots as possible because there are just too many good utility units to use.

Secondly, as you guessed they are extremely low yield. Unless you are one of the top three evp characters, then increasing your evp isn't going to do anything noticeable. Even if you are one of those three, too much evp can sometimes be detrimental as blockstun is pretty high and it's easier to get blocklocked, sometimes you just want to take the hit(if you couldn't dodge) and move past, instead of being stuck in place from that blockstun. Dfp is also a pretty weak stat, it does reduce the damage you take but not enough to make a difference. I've worn armors with 1 dfp and ones with 500 dfp, things will hit you really hard regardless of your dfp. A force using Jellen will probably be the best thing to cut enemy damage. Also being knocked down is determine by how much damage you take, if you take more than 1/4 of your hp you fall. Most of the time this slows you down and isn't great, but for certain specific attacks it's a lifesaver as they would otherwise hit you multiple times and kill you extremely quickly. In vanilla too much dfp would make you take little enough damage to cause that, idk of any specific examples here with the buffed mobs, but I still wouldn't really want to use def mats. The best way to avoid damage isn't having dfp/evp, it's dodging. Dodging is easy to learn with some practice and very useful.

Thirdly as tru said, the most dangerous things are usually elemental based. I put adepts in a lot of plans even on robots partly because they are the most raw stats of any unit, but also because they give 6 all resists, which matters far more to me than the 20 dfp/evp I would get from a c/ability.

Most weapon specials have their uses, the only ones that really suck are the elemental ones. Dragon slayer is burning (fire element), but at least dragon slayer is the strongest mid-tier sword for damage, the stronger ones are all top tier swords (real flowens, zanba, chain sawd, red sword, tjs, dark flow). The exp steal special isn't too great either, but if you aren't the damage dealer and are just leveling, a final impact or flight fan won't hurt to use after you've tagged.

All the other specials are good and have their uses, arrest and confuse (robot can confuse trap too) can lock down enemies well, charge/berserk/spirit can put out tons of raw damage, demon's can do -75% current hp, hell can instakill low edk enemies, and then there are the hp and tp steal specials for healing when you don't have a force/are solo/too stingy to use a trimate and refilling tp if you are too stingy to use a trifluid.

• Like 1

hey hey is there somethin like a drop rate from items for rare mobs too ?

i mean , how many rappys for one pal rappy u know is it like 1 out of 100 or somethin ? they seems to be still kind of rare to me right now, after like 30 wrath of forest first room runs they were 6 of them so far...

Well there's one event for rare mobs to spawn, right now it was turned off, but when it's turned on you usually see your name in green, and the chances of rares appearing will be way higher, this server has already rare monster spawn increased by default, so it's hard to go with any of the vanilla rates.

ah ok i see...

maybe i got bad luck right now...iam at 7 right now and of course no agito so far :D

but i keep going, seems to be a very fast way to get a lot of xp as well.

so glad that my technique dmg in forest 1 ultimate normal mode is not too bad and i can ae everything down quite fast =)

How can i get this three seals shield ? On pso world it says "This shield can be obtained on JP BB by talking to the wandering tekker in the city. You can purchase it on Mondays and Saturdays for 10,000 meseta."

Any other good Fonewm shield out there that i should know and if so, how can i get it ? ty ;)

How can i get this three seals shield ? On pso world it says "This shield can be obtained on JP BB by talking to the wandering tekker in the city. You can purchase it on Mondays and Saturdays for 10,000 meseta."

Any other good Fonewm shield out there that i should know and if so, how can i get it ? ty ;)

It drops from very hard delbiter 1/236 on Skyly and Redria.

I would say Hylian Shield is the most useful shield on a FOnewm (Increases resistance by EFR 25 ETH 32 EDK 35, also boosts grantz by 100%, rafoie 75% and razonde 60%. Red ring is useful when you're just meleeing for the ata boost. Lastly, merges can be helpful. Especially resta merge. Hylian shield only drops during the triforce event in September, typically from gal gryffon on certain section IDs, red ring drops from dark falz, you can find it in the drop chart. The merges you can make with amplifiers and barriers and sometimes they drop easily during events (like easter).

Also anti dark ring is helpful for avoiding instantly being killed by megid easily since it raises your EDK by 60. Drops from dark falz with viridia on ultimate.

Edited by tru

hmm okey, so no chance right now to get it damn....

wanna improve my gear but everything is very expensive or cant drop for my section id.....trading is not an option without having anything worthfull .

I checked out the technique power guide on pso world and there is something for megid as well. there is like power 46 48 52, are this the chances to kill somethin in %.

tryed megid lvl 16 yesterday on a tollaw ultimate ep1 and he was like immune to megid, castet it 30 times but no kill. seems fkng useless xD

hmm okey, so no chance right now to get it damn....

wanna improve my gear but everything is very expensive or cant drop for my section id.....trading is not an option without having anything worthfull .

I checked out the technique power guide on pso world and there is something for megid as well. there is like power 46 48 52, are this the chances to kill somethin in %.

tryed megid lvl 16 yesterday on a tollaw ultimate ep1 and he was like immune to megid, castet it 30 times but no kill. seems fkng useless xD

Enemies on ultimate have higher resistances, mostly rare enemies are weak to megid, but on ultimate you still need a 25+ for any effect, and you may fail a few times. You might want to use an effective technique against your enemy, and use megid on rare monsters and monsters weak to megid like gee's etc.