Ask a quick question, get a quick answer

Hi i played ep 2 first time with my fonewm yesterday on normal mode very hard with lvl 92 i guess.

played temple. my gear ist far from beeing perfect but my dmg output there was sooo small that i couldnt really play that area. any advice ?

i mean my lvl 26 foie and lvl 23 rafoie hits like a wet noodle even on enemys that are weak against fire...

how will this be on ultimate. will i ever be able to play ultimate normal mode solo ?

i focus complete on attack techniques of course...

and second question.. ;)

what exactly can i do now with photon crystals? read somethin about weapon percentages...but just on enemy weapons like rappys fan etc or on any weapon ?

Ep 2 enemies have really high resistances so most techs are rendered useless when you're there. You might want to start thinking on a melee gear too for your fonewm in case you want to be of use, or dedicate your work towards support on ep2.

Feeding your mag and equipping the right units can help doing some damage, sometimes grants and megid seem to be the only decent techs on ep2. Master raven could be a good bet as a fonewm, it's fairly simple to get if you know how to get photon crystals. Other weapons will come along the way, like 100 souls(from excalibur) etc etc

There's an event running right now where you an add hit for some less useful weapons with your photon crystals, consider it a trophy funny weapon more detail can be found here http://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php/topic/22673-elefsis-mini-event-now-active/

Edited by cyane
  • Like 1

For the vol opt gizonde glitch, there is this old guide here, though its video link is broken http://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/topic/2597-how-to-kill-vol-opt-as-a-fleshy/

If you have seen a huney with a strong weapon do it, it's easily <10 second kill, possibly even <5 seconds with good enough machine% and shifta.

Basically since techs do damage off atp, the highest atp weapon with most machine% will do most damage to his hp bar behind the screens, the same hp bar that rangers hit when using bazookas or dm (angle idk why you were having issues with your tjs vs 100 souls, tjs should be stronger). Top 6 atp weapons would be Galatine (at beats 500-624), Dark Flow, Blood Sword, 100 souls, TJS (if blood sword+100 souls+tjs do not have any machine, tjs is slightly stronger bc of grind), and Excalibur. A lesser weapon can still work with good machine%, even a foney with a strong vivi can kill faster than a single 0machine dm will. You also need level 20+ gizonde and v801 in order to stunlock him, 15 gizonde will still do lots of damage, but you won't get the stunlock.

Having 1st room position is preferable to pulling off the trick well. You want to be able to catch and stunlock vol opt before he finishes his first circling and the pillars come up. If in first position, you just immediately turn around, wait for a second for screen to turn red so you can target it, and then just spam away with gizonde as fast as possilbe. If you are just spamming the key, it's a bit harder to stunlock, using the tech menu or a turbo controller is recommended to help out. 2nd position (directly across from first position in fight) is nearly impossible to do the trick, you just start too far away from the red screens on the first pass. 3rd and 4th positions can catch him if they are quick but it's not as easy. 1st position has just the right balance of proximity and setup time to do it best.

• Like 1

hmm that resistanced are bad .. damn.

Megid is not an option with lvl 6 :P

Got no melee stuff so far. No units no mag or stuff...new char =)

What about ultimate later on, will it stay the same there like zero dmg techniques, if so i will put this fonewm in the trash right now ^^

And what is master raven and 100 souls excalibur ? i know that sword excalibur, saw it in item findings but dunno how to get it etc... sry for my unknowing :P

yes its a very usefull thread , especially for new players like me , thx for that

k checked that link with weapon percentage, good idea but ofc i dont have any of these weapons and got 4 photon crystals so , yeah :P

Edited by Matthias Ochs

hmm that resistanced are bad .. damn.

Megid is not an option with lvl 6 :P

Got no melee stuff so far. No units no mag or stuff...new char =)

What about ultimate later on, will it stay the same there like zero dmg techniques, if so i will put this fonewm in the trash right now ^^

And what is master raven and 100 souls excalibur ? i know that sword excalibur, saw it in item findings but dunno how to get it etc... sry for my unknowing :P

yes its a very usefull thread , especially for new players like me , thx for that

Well tech damage will still be a bit reduced but megid will be your best friend in some zones!

As for the damage there are certain weapons you might want to consider if you want to do some, the weapons i liked the most so far on fonewm were master raven, hundred souls and girasole. Type me/mechgun demons or bringers riffle can be also a good addiction for your melee equipment.

Master raven is a handgun, has a good shooting frequency and fast animation. You can check more here http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2553sadly you can't get this with hit/percentages normally so might come costly if you want to improve the weapon.

Hundred souls is an upgrade to your excalibur with soul booster (Ultima exclusive weapon/ drops on easter and summer event), it will use your tp in the special for a powerful attack. As a fonewm I was doing 2500 damage on a booma! So i really loved it

Eventually you will find the gear you need or that you like the most as for techs they will appear eventually, force isn't the best character to start with because it's a bit hard to gear up but if you get to work it with some effort, you will find out a powerful character at the end of the journey.

Edited by cyane
  • Like 2

Hi i played ep 2 first time with my fonewm yesterday on normal mode very hard with lvl 92 i guess.

played temple. my gear ist far from beeing perfect but my dmg output there was sooo small that i couldnt really play that area. any advice ?

i mean my lvl 26 foie and lvl 23 rafoie hits like a wet noodle even on enemys that are weak against fire...

how will this be on ultimate. will i ever be able to play ultimate normal mode solo ?

i focus complete on attack techniques of course...

and second question.. ;)

what exactly can i do now with photon crystals? read somethin about weapon percentages...but just on enemy weapons like rappys fan etc or on any weapon ?

Photon Crystals normally only add hit to enemy part weapons, as detailed here: http://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/topic/2586-adding-hit-to-monster-weapons-guide/

Server events will also often use photon crystals in them, since they are easy for any player to obtain on normal/hard ep 4 from rare monsters.

PCs can also be used in the Black Paper Deal 1 and 2 quests (found in ep 4 one player mode side story) to win various blank/min rares, check here for the list: http://www.phantasystaronline.net/quest_drops.php

As cyane said, magic is relatively weak in ultimate compared to attacking weapons (magic gives wider aoe vs less damage tradeoff), enemy resists are high in all episodes but especially ep 2 have annoying resists even when using their elemental weakness, though a lot of ep 2 is weak to megid. It is still possible to use magic to solo things, ep 4 is especially nice to solo with force, but you will need to get some things to do so. In order to boost your tech damage, you will need to get higher tech levels and more importantly get gear which give tech boosts. There are a number of pieces of gear which do so, but they are basically necessary to do damage, the tech boosters are the majority of your tech damage. Ra- techs get the best boosting gear overall, with them it is possible to a lot of things (but not everything) solo with just using magic. Also as a side note, using magic to kill stuff is mostly reserved for soloing; in a team it causes too much damage cancel and bugs and just generally isn't the best thing for the force to be doing, there is almost always something much more useful they could be doing. A good force will fluidly switch between support, melee, and nuking in a team.

For shields there are the various merges for colors (red blue yellow merge 20% to element) and specific techs(foie merge, gizonde merge, rabarta merge, etc 30% to tech), virus shield: vol opt(20% gi- techs, +10 ata over max), three seals (+25% ra- techs), and hylian shield (+100% grants, +75% rafoie, +60% razonde).

For weapons, there are a number of different things. There are the elemental wands (fire scepter:agni, ice staff:dagon, storm wand:indra) which give 20% to their element. For si techs there are the elemental clubs (laconium, adaman, zumiran) for 40% to their si- tech, hildebear's cane/hildeblue's cane/sigh of a god for 30% foie/barta/zonde respectively, and twinkle star and summit moon for 20% and 30% all si- techs. For gi- techs there is sorcerer's cane and magical piece for 20% and 30% gi- techs, and siren glass hammer for 50% gibarta (lol gibarta).

For Ra-techs there is Psycho Wand (45% Ra- techs, reduce tp cost -50% but full cost taken from hp as well), Prophets of Motav (20% Ra- techs, very rare), and Psycho Bridge (85% rafoie/razonde 95% rabarta, made with Dark Bridge+Proof of Sonic Team).

For grants boosters there is Clio (10%), Cadeceus (20%), Mercurius Rod (30%), Dark Bridge (40%), and mother garb+ armor (random 30% grants -50% tp cost w/ no hp loss like pwand).

Megid boost makes megid pierce like it does naturally on foney, can be achieved with Cursed Cloak armor, Demonic Fork, Ultima Reaper, and Dark Bridge.

Apart from lots of leveling up, you should start by asking around for the elemental wands agni dagon and indra, as it will be the easiest way for you to get ra- boosts, surely someone will have one lying around for free. The elemental clubs and/or a magic rock "moola" to make summit moon should also be fairly easy to get. You may be able to find a cheap red merge from someone as well. You can ask someone to help farm a 3 seals (redria/skyly vhard delbiters), or try to get a hylian shield in triforce event (after summer event) though that will be tough drop so keep leveling up and make some friends on the server who can hunt gryphon with you when the time comes. Psycho wand drops from Purplenum Mil Lily (rare lily) or from Whitill Del Lily. It is possible to solo farm mil lily without too much hassle if you can get a good setup for it, getting some gear to get 100 edk (some armor with 20, 4 resist/devils, a shield of delsaber for 25 or 3 seals for 33) will let you afk kill mil lily (today's rate, east room) without worrying about dying to megid, though spamming techs on them might take a while; demon's is pretty effective on them since they suicide at low hp.

It will take some time to get geared out to do magic damage, but elemental wands and a merge/3 seals can get you to 40%-45% quickly and won't cost more than a handful of pds at worst (3 seals may cost a bit, but a merge will be cheap), and then work on upgrading to a psycho wand and hylian shield, once you have pwand+hylian/3seals you'll be able to solo a lot of things. There are plenty of nice people on the server to play with, so don't be afraid to team up with others; Good luck with powering up your character.

Edited by Fyrewolf5

yeah really hope so, was very disappointed yesterday . That low techs.....

so melee fonewm will be a long term project. mag will take a long time and gearing up too. ok good to know that "my" excalibur can be improved somehow in the future maybe :)

hmm dunno what do then right now....

maybe just feed mag till lvl 200 and restart as hu class ? oO

iam really scared to create first ultimate game ep1 forest and to notice that i need 20 casts to kill 1 booma :P

yeah really hope so, was very disappointed yesterday . That low techs.....

so melee fonewm will be a long term project. mag will take a long time and gearing up too. ok good to know that "my" excalibur can be improved somehow in the future maybe :)

hmm dunno what do then right now....

maybe just feed mag till lvl 200 and restart as hu class ? oO

iam really scared to create first ultimate game ep1 forest and to notice that i need 20 casts to kill 1 booma :P

On ep1 if you get the right gear you might be able to deal some damage in a booma, if you can get your hands on a Fire Scepter: Agni, storm wand: indra and ice staff: Dagon it could help you out, 3 seals would be a nice addiction to your gear at the start if you have a character to farm it. Remember that you can always ask others for help too!

yeah i got all of this startet force weapons, they really help.

yeah i know but i dont wanna beg for gear and iam more that solo player and dont like that boss quest too much.

i will not concede for now, maybe i get bit stronger near future , dont know how or why but we'll see i guess .

wanna start to farm that real agito from rappys 1/22 should be possible. if i get one real agito and it has some % on it, will it convert into orotiagito or is it always 0/0/0/0/0 ?

yeah i got all of this startet force weapons, they really help.

yeah i know but i dont wanna beg for gear and iam more that solo player and dont like that boss quest too much.

i will not concede for now, maybe i get bit stronger near future , dont know how or why but we'll see i guess .

wanna start to farm that real agito from rappys 1/22 should be possible. if i get one real agito and it has some % on it, will it convert into orotiagito or is it always 0/0/0/0/0 ?

It loses them sadly, but there's the event going on, if you are quick you can get those sweet 65hit!

y cant make it in time.

think i cant really play ultimate and gotta farm it AND i need that crystals,, bit too much i guess for that weekend ;)

PC's are sort of easy to farm, on happy hour you can get a stack while rares are on, i usually do max attack 4th stage b for them. (normal mode!)

For the agito you can do warth of forest on ep1 with pinkal, and just spam the start, rafoie twice the rappies, steal the loot and redo. I say you can do it!

Edited by cyane

y maybe i give it a try.

1 last question.

wouldnt it be really great if techniques could crit ? i mean, why they cant ? whats the reason behind that, are they too strong already without crits ? not really :P

feels not fair for me. would get luck a sense for force technique chars as well. would be so amazing if u could implent that ;)