Ask a quick question, get a quick answer

Hey. Got a few questions there if you don't mind :P

1) According to this http://www.phantasystaronline.net/quest_drops.php the "De Rol Le Shield" drops in the Normal difficulty DDw'BP 2 and one of its two components, the "Stink Shield", in Ultimate. Is that still true? In that case what would be the price for the DRL Shield in PDs?

2) Does v501 and/or v502 make Hell weapons worth using in Ultimate or still not quite?

3) What would be a decent (preferably unreduced chance) paralysis weapon for a HU?

4) Does the "Phonon Maser" exist around here somewhere as an event or quest etc. item? Not listed in the drop table so just assuming stuff...

1) the other component (de rol le shell or something) to make does not drop and is not obtainable. the only way to get de rol le shield is from black paper. drl shield is maybe 1 pd worth.

2) v502 is really really really overpowered. it gives 1.5x bonus to arrest/freeze/confuse and a 2x bonus to hell (v501 only has 1.5x bonus to hell). It literally doubles your chance to hell an enemy. In ultimate nothing really has less than 50 edk and hell has a 93% proc rate, so without v502 you have 93-50=43% chance to kill if hit, with v502 you have (93-50) x 2 = 86% chance to kill if hit. for more info on v502 and how it works with android's bonus to seize/arrest check out this post http://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php/topic/9827-ask-a-quick-question-get-a-quick-answer/?p=113561

3) red sword, p-arms blades, and g-assasin's sabers are all unreduced seize, the latter can use proof of sword saint for more ata. Holy ray is nice but has mst requirement so no androids, Arrest Raygun with 50h is a good weapon too. There is always s-rank j-cutter as well using sn glitch. If you are a human hunter then you really want arrest, so holy ray or arrest raygun, but an android hunter can use seize weapons very well due to cast bonus (link above shows comparison numbers with/without v502 for seize/arrest between humans/androids at 50 esp, basic grunt mobs have 10-30 and harder enemies have 50+).

4) Phonon Maser is in the Christmas Event, but it's just a novelty weapon it's really not that great. Drops from Barba Ray in that event.

Edited by Fyrewolf5
  • Like 1

from what ive read it only works with weapons katana type, twin sword type and two kamui I think it wont work with tjs snd also I read swordsman lore dosnt actually work only proof of sword saint adds stats but don't take what I say as fact only what ive read : )

Edited by solo guy

Does anyone know which weapons swordsman lore and its unlocked variant provides a boost too? Specifically I want to know if it works with j-sword?

Proof of sword-saint should boost ata by 30 and evp by 60 lowering def by 20, been testing doesn't seem to work with tsumiriki j-sword, works on excalibur for example, just some sabers, swords and double sabers. Also saber/katana and twin sword type weapons.

As for swordsmanLore should do the same but only boost 10 ATA

Does anyone know which weapons swordsman lore and its unlocked variant provides a boost too? Specifically I want to know if it works with j-sword?

I don't think it works with j-sword. It works with rare Sabers, Katanas, and Twin Swords. The description is a lie, it does not work with doublesabers. It also uniquely works with the twin kamui daggers(maybe because they are katana daggers), no other daggers work though. Still a lot of good weapons there for it, can be used on stuff like excalibur, galatine, jizai, musashi, yamigarasu, flamberge, orotiagito, g-assasin sabers, sange & yasha, etc. If I'm ever awake at the right beat times you may find me running around on humar with 3 proof of sword saints and a 3 stat galatine wrecking face.

• Like 1

Hey hey me again :P

can u tell me which weapons i should try to get for a ramarl ?

Not the most expensive stuff, more the basic stuff (new player). A reasonable single target weapon, 1 for cleave stuff (2-4 targets) and really ae weapon (4+ targets). ty ;)

1 more thing, 1 really need an gear upgrade for my fonewm (lvl 121 i guess right now). i still use a dragonframe i think with 4 slots lol and custom barrier ver.00 shield. it really sucks. i think i need mother garb + and three seals. how much do i have to pay for it if someone has one for trade ?

Hey hey me again :P

can u tell me which weapons i should try to get for a ramarl ?

Not the most expensive stuff, more the basic stuff (new player). A reasonable single target weapon, 1 for cleave stuff (2-4 targets) and really ae weapon (4+ targets). ty ;)

1 more thing, 1 really need an gear upgrade for my fonewm (lvl 121 i guess right now). i still use a dragonframe i think with 4 slots lol and custom barrier ver.00 shield. it really sucks. i think i need mother garb + and three seals. how much do i have to pay for it if someone has one for trade ?

Ramarl:

Frozen shooter

Spread needle (to upgrade to arrest needle)

Excalibur

Diska of braveman

hell raygun/laser

bringers riffle

I think those are the cheap alternatives.

For mg+ and 3 seals maybe 25-35 pd for each, it will depend on the seller.

oh okey :o

so even all of this "cheap" alternatives are far out of my range :P, same goes for that mg+ and three seals ...hmm kinda feel forced to donate for that shield ;)

got 6 or 7 pds right now. not the most, dount found any worthy stuff to sell .damn that slow progress starts to get annoying ^^

what is about that other "mystic" hylian shield ? i read that it was overpowered or somethin ? can i even buy it with a donation and is it even better as three seals ?

Frozen shooter is 1/2 drop on ultimate whitill and some other ids

Spread needle can be found in black paper deal and a hitless one without percentages is usually sold for 3-4 pd or less.

Excalibur might be a bit more expensive but a hitless one doesn't go for more than 30 pd unless it has good percents

Excalibur

Diska of braveman (easy drop, like everywhere)

hell laser - restless lion possibility of finding 30-50 hit

bringers riffle - 15 pd you can buy one

http://www.phantasystaronline.net/droptable.php

Check the droptable and get to hunt!

oh okey :o

so even all of this "cheap" alternatives are far out of my range :P, same goes for that mg+ and three seals ...hmm kinda feel forced to donate for that shield ;)

got 6 or 7 pds right now. not the most, dount found any worthy stuff to sell .damn that slow progress starts to get annoying ^^

what is about that other "mystic" hylian shield ? i read that it was overpowered or somethin ? can i even buy it with a donation and is it even better as three seals ?

Yeah, Hylian Shield is better than Three Seals but Three Seals has the advantage of better resistances overall and a Rabarta boost. Hylian Shield Increases resistance by EFR 25 ETH 32 EDK 35, also boosts grantz by 100%,rafoie 75% razonde 60%. They cost about 99-120 PDs. You can wait until September to try to hunt one yourself.

I'd recommend you play black paper deal to get stuff like frozen shooter and spread needle. The Zu route in ultimate should be doable with your FOnewm if you're careful, and it'll get you tons of good ranger gear. Since rare enemies are turned on it's a good time to hunt photon crystals.

I've had my Spread Needle for a long time and I've been meaning to upgrade it to an Arrest Needle, but my question is, would it be worth considering changing it if it had good percents but no hit? I understand wanting it to have hit is the best case scenario, but if the non-hit percents are good enough, and since I have v502 and max ata, would it be okay to upgrade my Needle into it's higher form?

I would say no if has no hit ...I mean, on such a weapon hit is the most desirable stat, you will rely on the paralysis (and speed i guess) to do damage, missing a shot is no good xD

Edited by Soly
  • Like 2

I would say no if has no hit ...I mean, on such a weapon hit is the most desirable stat, you will rely on the paralysis (and speed i guess) to do damage, missing a shot is no good xD

I agree. Okay then.

thx for telling me that there is that black paper quest, done it now several times on ultimate , the zu route, got a lot of items. spread needle handgun milla, Frozen shooter, 2x smartlink, standstill shield, holy ray, yasminkov 9000m.

Really nice =), too sad they are all without percentages :P