Ask a quick question, get a quick answer

A bit of a theory question:

What classes would you guys/girls say it's important to have access to? Right now I have a hunewearl, hucast, racast, ramarl, and fonewearl. I feel like those 5 cover just about everything when leveled and geared properly. IDs can (usually) be handled by just making games with a character of whichever ID you want.

So is there a compelling reason for me to level and gear one of the classes I don't have?

Because it's fun? You do have a lot of really solid classes already, but other chars can have their interesting aspects. Hucaseal is really fun as a really accurate hunter with really cool and fast weapon animations, and fomarl is a good force for more atp attack oriented style than fonewearl. You also don't need to gear each char individually fully, you can simply have a set of hunter/ranger/force gear that you move around as you need. Or you can set them up for different styles of weapons, for example my hucaseal uses a lot of daggers and doublesabers, while my humar uses big giant swords more.

• Like 1

What's the benefits/drawbacks of SoF compared to bringer? I have a SoF but am thinking of getting a Bringer also, or just using one. I haven't played with a Bringer yet but I have with SoF. What what I can tell looking at stats and comparing the weapon type... (this is for Fomar btw)

SoF

- stronger than bringer (just barely, but is it needed?)

- hit multiple enemies (wouldn't a single hit target be better so not to damage cancel?)

- less accurate

- less range

- harder to get one with 50% hit (bringer can be increased with PC, correct?)

- can use the SNS so ATA isn't as mandatory though

Any other perks/benefites? To me it seems kinda redundant to have both and bringer seems more useful. But again, I've never used it. Just want to see if it's worth my time hunting a Bringer or another fanatic.

• Like 1

I don't really see the problem. They have different uses, so I'd always carry both with your FO.

SoF to hit groups of enemies. DMC isn't really going to be problem, since you're only using it to demon anway.

BR to hit one target, with rifle range (Zus, Gi Gues, Dorphons...).

However don't expect BR to be alot more accurate then SoF. For some single targets it's even better to rely on the SNS glitch with SoF ā€“ Delbiters or Ill Gills for example ā€“ then try to Demon with BR. You're not going to hit those even with 50 hit. To be honest Fomar misses so much, even with high hit, that I'd highly recommend another class anyway. Or hope for Godrics cloak to get fixed - it's not going to happen though because that would make too much sense. :onion-head02:

Also yes, you can add hit% with PC to your BR.

• Like 2

Because it's fun? You do have a lot of really solid classes already, but other chars can have their interesting aspects. Hucaseal is really fun as a really accurate hunter with really cool and fast weapon animations, and fomarl is a good force for more atp attack oriented style than fonewearl. You also don't need to gear each char individually fully, you can simply have a set of hunter/ranger/force gear that you move around as you need. Or you can set them up for different styles of weapons, for example my hucaseal uses a lot of daggers and doublesabers, while my humar uses big giant swords more.

Yep yep. I'll probably make a hucl and a fomarl.

Bringer's Rifle will be useful at the moment against the buffed Belras since you won't move forward as with a SoF, so no danger of a potential 1 hit KO. The accuracy might be a problem but depending on the situation you can try to be as far away from the target as possible to do the SN glitch, as it works with other weapons than Slicers, albeit the timing is harder.

Thanks to everyone who tried to help me find the name of the "Now Loading" screen on the Data folder, but I found it on my own <3

Is there a reason why the Ultima servers version of the game doesn't recognize the triggers on the 360 controller?? :(

Edited by Murduskull

@Murduskull what's the name of the file? I wanna mess with it

I didn't specifically find what file it was, but I concluded that it's one of the .PRS files on the DATA folder (there's only like 14 of them). So I basically copied/pasted the .PRS files from the version of the game that I use to play onto this one. I seriously disliked the "now loading" screen that came with the Ultima Servers version of the game (no offence to the creator) and wanted the original loading screen with the spinning ring crest thingy, and my workaround was successful. I don't have a .PRS file viewer but I bet it should be easy to find if you do, I wish I had more useful info to share. :/