A harder difficulty

Khi20e

no that was something else, crack mode is where i put all enemies on steroids and anything that can run super fast will, they also all have enhanced stats which makes them impossible to kill solo most of the time.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Side note on this... Could we turn on a second ship with crack mode turned on for a limited time? I know before when we had a larger community we had a second server turned on that didn't have the christmas event turned on, so is it possible to have a second server just for ass whooping? That would be a fun challenge and wouldn't frustrate the newer players.

• Like 2

Stats are sent by the eb packet on the logon server and synced by the hp values in the ship servers, hence I cannot do what you suggest.

The only way to do it would be to send another ebstring to the clients who request it. Now while i can do this with my options program, i don't have the time to recode the logon server and ship servers to make this work, basically it's either changed stats or not.

This might be an ugly solution but we could make a second client that connects to a different login server on the same main server. It's like running 2 different PSO servers that are next each other on the same machine and share the database. It's just a thought but it could work.

I do have the ability to change pso's ports both data and patch, and maybe having my loader inject these new port number when told to could work, it's not clean by any means though, it would also run in to a multi-exe problem if you run an injection for the second configuration, it would how ever divide the user base but would allow other changes such as different rates and or exp.

A third and forth exe could work too... but then that's now 4 exe's in the client server, although i could easily add a difficulty switch to my options and have the loader launch whichever so the visibility to the user would be minimal.

Edited by Lee

I always liked to original pso for its ballance to it,I never saw sympathetically crack mode to schthack, because it has elements of farce and masochism. This is no way to face the boredom we feel some playing years pso.ultima server is already boosted and what we need in my opinion included at the Prestige system idea # 21

Edited by elefsis
  • Like 2

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

A harder difficulty hmm..., what about a bunch of harder quests that only players can unlock after prestiging or stuff like that?

Like that elite TTF we had at some point. I also should check if you can alter droprates/mobstats in a quest.

Personally I like the idea of prestiging. Some sort of custom super hard quest that resets your level but gives you something amazing inexchange. Maybe some sort of weapon that gets more powerful with the number of times you've prestiged. Of course that would be atleast 1 weapon per class and I'm sure this could be very difficult programming.