A harder difficulty

Khi20e

Sounds nice, but i bet it's not that easy to develop, although it's a nice idea, maybe an event with this again, a harder difficult and good drops.

A harder difficulty hmm..., what about a bunch of harder quests that only players can unlock after prestiging or stuff like that?

Like that elite TTF we had at some point. I also should check if you can alter droprates/mobstats in a quest.

• Like 5

hmmm is not so simple to develop.

what is simple to do is to change ultimate or a particular episode or monster.

but if i alter ultimate what will happen with users in levels like 120's not even joking they will be able to kill a booma on ultimate,...

BUTTTT...

i guess we can RUN a TEST in a few days ? what you guys thinks ?

my opinion is hardest difficult = more balancing in the selection of weapons under certain condition = stop OP weapon = decrease atp from df and dm (dont stop combo) = better skill required

or/and wait for very ultimate mode (and prestige ?) with monster OP and hardest quest selection possible with special drop from a boss with better droprate (HH active permanently ?) , but difficult must be real

Idk really if is possible, or if another player have same opinion LOL

btw, i agree with chuk idea, and larva too, just make sure that certain weapons are not going to drop too easily during the test period

Edited by Vazerty

hmmm is not so simple to develop.

what is simple to do is to change ultimate or a particular episode or monster.

but if i alter ultimate what will happen with users in levels like 120's not even joking they will be able to kill a booma on ultimate,...

BUTTTT...

i guess we can RUN a TEST in a few days ? what you guys thinks ?

Yeah, i thought so, it wouldn't be easy to develop, but making ultimate harder will make things harder for new users, i mean not everyone here has Dark weapons or a good equipment, or that very hard is a little harder and gives more experience also a more drops, since almost all good drops are from ultimate, like having a chance to get armors lvl 101-122 like electro frame, df field, brightness circle that kind of armors that are usefull when you hit those lvls, well that's i have to say.

Well the problem is, Ultimate is available at level 90 which gives players with (200-90=)110 levels difference the same 'difficulty' with very different stats. Not only the level differs, but also the gear and skill. Also, players want to reach the hardest difficulty as soon as possible for better drops and more exp.

• Like 1

If you want to make Ultimate harder, I would suggesting scaling the levels (and in return the exp they give) Leave forest / temple untouched, make spaceship / caves a little harder. CCA(and others) and mines a bit harder, then ruins and seabed is where you can go all out. As for episode 4 -- I'd argue make crater a little, and make sub desert on the same scale as ruins / seabed.

It's just an idea -- if it is going to go this route, details can certainly be changed.

As for a new difficulty: it seems entirely possible, but it is too much work and the motivation isn't there. Not only is there work in actually coding it (which there is quite a bit), but there is also work involved in allowing it in the client. Then there is coming up with drops and stats of each enemy.(lol this part is overwhelming alone) And then there is coming up with a way of fully editing enemies stats (there are a couple tools available, but they are both incomplete; so a new one would have to be written) Yeah... too much work, without a guarantee of how well it would even work in the end at this point.

If someone wants to tackle this problem on their own, I'd be willing to help them(they'd do most of the work of course), but I'm not going to start it. In the meantime though, you can still get stronger enemies with the current difficulty setup without hurting the weaker players too much.

If you want to make Ultimate harder, I would suggesting scaling the levels (and in return the exp they give) Leave forest / temple untouched, make spaceship / caves a little harder. CCA(and others) and mines a bit harder, then ruins and seabed is where you can go all out. As for episode 4 -- I'd argue make crater a little, and make sub desert on the same scale as ruins / seabed.

It's just an idea -- if it is going to go this route, details can certainly be changed.

As for a new difficulty: it seems entirely possible, but it is too much work and the motivation isn't there. Not only is there work in actually coding it (which there is quite a bit), but there is also work involved in allowing it in the client. Then there is coming up with drops and stats of each enemy.(lol this part is overwhelming alone) And then there is coming up with a way of fully editing enemies stats (there are a couple tools available, but they are both incomplete; so a new one would have to be written) Yeah... too much work, without a guarantee of how well it would even work in the end at this point.

If someone wants to tackle this problem on their own, I'd be willing to help them(they'd do most of the work of course), but I'm not going to start it. In the meantime though, you can still get stronger enemies with the current difficulty setup without hurting the weaker players too much.

I second that about the so that users can just keep doing forest/temple while they get a higher lvl and then going for caves etc., and while other areas are harder, but giving good drops, or at least items that can help you with other areas, i mean forest and temple giving certain weapons and armors and that helps while you get to the next area.

• 1 year later...

Any word on the status of this? I really like the idea of beefing up the later areas of ultimate.

I realize this topic is like a year old... Is making ultimate harder still being considered? Has it been done before?