Ultima has perished

21 hours ago, Saber +7 said:

It’s not about whose ideas they are because it’s not like they’re novel. Oh Ultima bringers is broken? It should be fixed.

It’s about the fact you would’ve never had the permission to do all this busy work had I not gotten larva to acknowledge and agree to let any of these changes happen. You can pretend that I sent him only one message and that it wasn’t a longer semi-argumentative conversation. 

None of that list happens without me slightly butting heads with Larva. I’m glad you filled out the spread sheets though. I’m sure no one else could do that ;).

Now if you want to argue that any of you could have gotten his attention + approval then lol idk 

I don't want to start shit, but since it's already been started, here we go. Wilson is not, and I can pretty confidently say he will never be, my favourite person on Ultima. Not even top 10.

But there is a grain a truth to what he says here. His prodding of Larva in this instance does seem to be what broke the camel's back on the hit percent. We were bugging Larva about this for over 2 years, and his most recent comment about it does seem to have finally had some impact that led to it being implemented.

Was he solely responsible? I think we can all agree no. But he did play a role. I don't want to disparage @Larva but he is slow to make changes to the server, and may need to be prodded several times on a given topic for us to see changes. That may be a good thing, as it gives a sense of consistency to the server. But I would prefer if it took a bit less to make change happen.

As much as I would love to high five all my triforce buddies and clown on someone here, I think it's important to be serious for a moment and recognize that this would not have been possible (as soon as it happened) without everyone's involvement. To that end, Wilson is as responsible for some of these changes as I am, but I would still defer to @R-78 who has done way more work than either of us ever have. She's also really patient with me, when I bug her about stuff, and a really nice person, who has good food recommendations if you're ever visiting France.

P.S. Wilson, I really do think you mean well, but like, get off your high horse for once and thank others for once. You're not a bad guy, you can just be a bit of a nonce sometimes.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

That's very canadian of you smooch and i appreicate the effort to give credit where credit is due but PUHULLEEEEASE. Lil willy boy has been trying claim credit for multiple changes where he's done nothing more than complain (which many people have done). Giving him any sort of credibility here is laughable. 

It's like saying the last Karen to talk to the manager of a Cici's Pizza Buffet after 14 other Karen's talked to the manager of a Cici's Pizza Buffet is a hero.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, RocketTots said:

That's very canadian of you smooch and i appreicate the effort to give credit where credit is due but PUHULLEEEEASE. Lil willy boy has been trying claim credit for multiple changes where he's done nothing more than complain (which many people have done). Giving him any sort of credibility here is laughable. 

It's like saying the last Karen to talk to the manager of a Cici's Pizza Buffet after 14 other Karen's talked to the manager of a Cici's Pizza Buffet is a hero.

See, this just simply isn’t true lol

On 12/6/2023 at 1:26 AM, Saber +7 said:

None of that list happens without me slightly butting heads with Larva. I’m glad you filled out the spread sheets though. I’m sure no one else could do that ;).

Do it again but make him fix glaring issues like most of the shit I mentioned in my post lol. Having access to more meseta(which another server added literally years ago) is nice, but doesn't make most people want to come back and play on the server. I mean another server(you know which one lol) literally just added a better DMC fix, which is a terrible problem on Ultima. Or you know, have him ban instead of warn 15 times people like Emewn or Berzerk-K which have been proven to be extremely problematic(extreme antisemitism and pedophilia respectively) and have actually made people quit this server. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...