Best solo class

Skuiz

HUcast is the best class in the game. Solo, party, pb, anything.

To start up you'll just want some power materials, any arm unit, a smartlink, and whatever battle unit you can get your hands on. A mag with POW/DEX is good for leveling up and if you can get your hands on a Diska of Bravemen, 50h Charge Raygun and Vulcan you'll pretty much be set until you get to ultimate mode. From there you'll have sort of formed your own ideas on what you need/want to play how you please.

without gear or funds to equip a hucast, it is clearly not the best class to solo. The easiest and cheapest class to solo farm things is RA, probably racast or ramarl. HUanything is spendy to actually get good gear for. Suggesting someone start out as a hucast without any good gear is basically telling them to swing a sword at shit because they might hit it for BIG dmg like 2/5ths of the time. As a GM realize you are talking to people who don't have resources to set them up. Likely not asking "What is the best class to do time attack?" they are likely asking "what is the best class to solo quests, level, play with others, and hunt items?".

Ā 

Edited by RocketTots
  • Like 5

31 minutes ago, RocketTots said:

without gear or funds to equip a hucast, it is clearly not the best class to solo. The easiest and cheapest class to solo farm things is RA, probably racast or ramarl. HUanything is spendy to actually get good gear for. Suggesting someone start out as a hucast without any good gear is basically telling them to swing a sword at shit because they might hit it for BIG dmg like 2/5ths of the time. As a GM realize you are talking to people who don't have resources to set them up. Likely not asking "What is the best class to do time attack?" they are likely asking "what is the best class to solo quests, level, play with others, and hunt items?".

Ā 

The answer is still hucast... Completely disregarding anything about time attack hucast carries games a way other classes simply cannot. It takes some time to learn, but itā€™s true. As far as leveling goes 1-90 on hucast is easy to do without many handouts. If you receive even one of: Diska of Bravemen, Charge Raygun, Charge Vulcan you can level yourself without bothering anyone. After that thereā€™s some down time in Ult until you can equip some nicer things. Once youā€™re over the initial humpĀ hucast is the bestĀ class to play with solo for fun, hunt with a group, carry harder quests, and even just in general playing with others.Ā 

Any RA class will be far easier to lvl and and far cheaper to gear. For a new player to this game, RA is clearly the answer if you need a basis for gathering items and experience. RA has far more choices for cheap low level gear. That "down time in ult" is exactly the issue. I don't think anyone will argue about the "down time" required to get good gear. The fact of the matter is that RA has far more options for "Good" gear at thatĀ point and it is far cheaper than that of HU.Ā 

Ā 

Edited by RocketTots
  • Like 6

I found my RacastĀ easy to level up and oh sooo fun.Ā 
Ā 

My main is a FO

Ā 

so there ya go

Edited by Tiel
Only one Racast

I enjoy ramarl a lot as a starting class, especially if you are considering soloing. JZ/SD makes things very easy when paired with RAā€™s crowd control capability. All comesĀ down to your preferred play style;Ā however,Ā it does open up a lot of doors in solo and group play without a FO.

• Like 3

I do agree that RAmarl is probably the easiest class to start off with. Rangers in general have a lot of options when it comes to using cheap gear, since they naturally have the highest ATA in the game. This means once you hit the Ultimate road block, it shouldn't hit you as hard since in Ultima's version of Ultimate, everything has drastically heightened EVP and resistances. You can get by with not having hit% on certain weapons, and can take out bosses the most efficiently early on since they have cheap AoE range options, like Cannon Rouge. A goodĀ amount of their options are indeed shared with Hunters, but Rangers just have an easier time being able to more consistently range monsters better. RAmarl has the bonus of having up to level 20 S/D J/Z as well to buff/debuff as needed, as well as being able to resta a lot, so they're less item dependent. (Good for if you tend to go through mesetas to by di/trimates a lot)Ā If/when you ever get your hands on a Dark Meteor once you get fully geared, things become stupidly easy.

Yes, as you get good gears, HUcasts are friggen beasts, and are arguably the best class to solo with with a skilled player,Ā but it takes a LOT to really get them going. If you don't have good gears with hit% going into Ultimate, you may find yourself missing a lot, and without a Bombchu or Crush Cannon, certain bosses will be a pain. Consider funding for one through your ranger class if you decide to make one!

Edited by Colt
  • Like 2

Having played all classes, I'dĀ  go with ramarl or racast for easiest class to solo. The fact that rangers have high ATA means you don't need to rely on hit as much, unlike Hunters, especially hucasts, making gathering decent enough stuff easier. Ramarl'sĀ decent resta and Shifta/Deband/Jellen/Zalure lvl 20 can carry you through thick and thin, saving mates in the process, while Racast has high survivability havingĀ the highest HP in the game (for some reason) and traps that can freeze or confuse a group of enemies easily, distracting them before killing them. They also have access to more easily obtainable group oriented weapons, like charge shots, cannon rouges, Iron Fausts (for racast), baranz launchers, and others, something hunters lack.

Edited by bobshlibidich
  • Like 2

It's RAcast then Ramarl. HUcast is only amazing when you have the gear for it especially in ULT with its low Ata. There is more to this game then HUcast I have one very well geared and I can tell you Path to Salvation is way easier with a Ranger especially RAcast with Iron Faust and freeze traps ( you will not have access to DM anytime soon)Ā 

• Like 1

Ranger is the most popular class

The most over power char in ranger class for solo play is Ramarl (Buff and debuff)Ā Even racast is good for solo play too if you have macho blades, Srank zal weapon and dark meteor.Ā 

Ramar is the most balance character in the Game

I like to play hucast! It's very powerful, but I don't like to play melee everytime like @Saber +7

Everything is a matter of taste. But for me the best class to start the game and adapt is ranger, as someone said above, it is easier to climb lv with ranger and the variety of items are many, cheap and expensive. Cheaper than expensive since with few items a ranger can make a difference šŸ˜„

Edited by Luis_Rivaille
  • Like 1