Drop rates and price change of the best mechguns

Sir Rendlan

Yay or Nay of the MECH GUN rights movement >.>  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Should they be altered to something like this mathematics for our Mech Guns

This post is entirely based off of opinion based off of factual information. Please share your comments.

so the number one most wanted mech gun for just completely destroying your FOs I'd say is the Psycho Ravens. However if your wanting to use a gun that you can add bonuses to Yasminkovs is your best friend. Or if you like being vanilla you can go with Guld Milla. Or if you like to rain purple lights or have a little auto targeting Mille Marteaux is your best friend.

where going to start with the lowest ATP of the group, Yasminkov 9000M and go up by ATP

Yasminkov 9000M

https://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/wiki/item&id=006C00

The ATP is 40-80 now the only really good thing about this gun is its distance and the ability to add specials. As a favored mech fun I personally say that this gun should have more ATP being so popularly used and modded by users. Now that doesn't fincrease the overall cost of this gun because quite frankly it's easy to get and all you need is what 10DTS to add a special?

A lot of the concept will be explained in GM

Guld Milla

First off this weapon is needing a MAJOR PRICE CHANGE AND DROP RATE CHANGE TO MAKE AND IF NOT MAKE A ITEM THAT YOU CAN GET AS A DROP... I think that has made my point clear now let's talk about some things about this gun and the reason why.

this gun should be more available because A it's outranked by 2 other guns ATP wise which is 180-200, that is extremely low for a mechgun you have to work your ass off to get. Especially if you take how Handgun:Guld is 370-400ATP and Handgun:Milla which is 350-350, combined ATP you get 720-750 ATP that is a 540-550 ATP difference... if you where to take those numbers and decide by 2 you get 360-375 that would be decent ATP BUT THATS TOO EASY so we divide it by 3 brings it to 240-250 that's slightly better ATP but it's actually divided by 3.75 for 750 ATP and 4 for 720ATP that's almost 4 that's really eating away a weapons ATP. If anything to compromise to make a gun better it should be set to 2.25 for 750 setting it at 333.3... ATP and for 720 set to 2.75 making its ATP 261.8181....

so broken down ATP current: 180-200

Combined ATP: 720-750

Currenent Dividers: 4 & 3.75

Suggested Dividers: 2.75 & 2.25

GULD MILLA: https://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/wiki/item&id=004B00     

GULD: https://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/wiki/item&id=004200

Ultimate 1  Whitill  Gran Sorcerer  HANDGUN:GULD 

1⁄28807

MILLA: https://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/wiki/item&id=004300

Ultimate
Whitill  Tallow  HANDGUN:MILLA  1⁄28807

GM AVAILABLE: 

essentially with the change of character usage, rates should be change and the price. It's a vanilla item that for surly is a collector item,but still there are better ones and the best ATP value is off of a summer event item combiner....

Mille Marteaux

this mech gun is one of my favorites again I will break down the theory again on how this gun got its stats.

heaven Punisher: https://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/wiki/item&id=001E00 300-330ATP

ophelie seize: https://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/wiki/item&id=00AF00 390-420ATP

MM: https://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/wiki/item&id=00B000 200-220

combined 690-750

Dicided 3.45-3.40

if it was 2.75-2.25 250-333.33...

THIS GUN IS RELATIVLY EASY TO GET however HP is a pain to find

Heaven Punisher: https://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/wiki/item&id=001E00

Ultimate  Bluefull   Hildetorr  HEAVEN PUNISHER  1⁄204

Ophelie Seize: https://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/wiki/item&id=00AF00

Very Hard4ViridiaPazuzuOPHELIE SEIZE 5⁄16
Very Hard4PurplenumPazuzuOPHELIE SEIZE5⁄16
Ultimate4ViridiaPazuzuOPHELIE SEIZE5⁄16
Ultimate4BluefullPazuzuOPHELIE SEIZE5⁄16

PSYCHO RAVENS
Well the last gun is PR at 480/480 ATP

Master Raven is 350-380... I'm not gunna bother calculating its multiplier but let's say that we followed how the other 2 where made and say it needed the last swan. Those stats are 80-90 combined of 430-470still is under a multiplier. Let's divide it by the ideal divider I made 191-209ATP... Psycho ravens are made with high ATP due to its a event item...

over all Im tired so I'm getting lazy in this post but I'm sure you get my point. It's a little ridiculous on the pricing of mech guns and there power should be raised on some. PR I like those where there at, again event item of course it's gunna be good. But if the server is making GM readily available to HU classes, shouldn't we make it a item that's easier to get and stronger? And not a task and a half? And Yasminkovs are being beefed up with specials, lets buff up there ATP...

just saying. I don't think as well that according to Berzerk he paid 125DTS for a GUN (GM) that very few people care to own. As well I think ultima is trying to bring it back, I think it needs to have drop rates lowered and a stat raise, same with the other 2 mech guns. HP does have a easier find but the rest are rather difficult. Maybe could make that easier as well?

this isn't for a bitch and moan fest about DTs, this isn't for anything really but a yeah or neigh on the idea and who supports my opinion. I am not sure if the multipliers and dividers should be use in that context but it is an example as to maybe how that mech gun got its power from combining, you'd think combining would share its power or gain more, but that'd be OP and well if PR is OP and you added MM together that'd be a nightmare for those lovely creatures of Ragol that I go PEW PEW PEW at ^~^ if confused I will clarify any questions later when I'm up on my theory.... let me know what you think on my opinion and theory.
Edited by Sir Rendlan

Was this suppose to have comments locked?  If not, go to edit > poll and uncheck 'poll-only topic'.

I think this is missing some stuff. There are other mechguns which are valuable to use to. Rage de Glace has extended range (100, mille marteux also has this range, and mm autotarget reaches slightly farther than this too), blizzard special, and extremely high accuracy (more than any other weapon to date) which is actually quite useful for several characters. Dual Birds has recently received some small buffs to it's power and accuracy, and equip requirement changes allowing more characters to be able to use them, and has high extended range (120, guld milla also has this range). These are both quite powerful options to use, and the extended range on them is a lot more helpful than one might anticipate, since default mechgun range is quite low (85); even just that extra bit on rage and mille is enough to do things like reliably attack a sinow well before it jumps.

Also, I think the math for how much atp guld milla should have by your standards is a bit off, no mechgun should have atp quite like that, and the difference between handgun and mechgun dps is vastly understated. As for someone paying that much for guld milla, he must have been buying one that was completely sphered out with hit or something, because for 1/5th that price you can get a guld and make it yourself, and even add 80hit to it and it would still be well under that amount. Could the rate be easier on guld? It certainly could (sjs had it's drop made somewhat easier a while back, though it's still quite difficult), but it will never be an easy drop, that is one of the oldschool legendary tier items sought after by many a player, comparable to things like an sjs or a yasha; while I wouldn't mind a change in this regard, bear in mind that it probably wouldn't get to an easier level than that mentioned sjs change (if it happens).

• Like 1

I feel like making the damage comparison between a mechgun and a handgun is like comparing apples to oranges. Like, saying "Oh, well, Handgun Guld has X ATP and X ATP is combined with Milla's ATP which is X, so these two = X which is X more than Guld Milla's ATP value.

Yeah well Guld Milla hits 9 times in a combo where as handgun Guld and Milla only hit 3 times, so naturally having higher ATP values makes up for hitting 6 less times.... If you equated ATP values to be a combination of the total ATP values of the two items to create it minus like half then you'd have yourself mechguns that are ridiculously strong. Guld Millas are fine the way they are now. Even with just 40 machine and 50 hit my GM can almost 1 combo a Garanz in Ep2 Ult.

4 hours ago, Auroboro said:

I feel like making the damage comparison between a mechgun and a handgun is like comparing apples to oranges. Like, saying "Oh, well, Handgun Guld has X ATP and X ATP is combined with Milla's ATP which is X, so these two = X which is X more than Guld Milla's ATP value.

Yeah well Guld Milla hits 9 times in a combo where as handgun Guld and Milla only hit 3 times, so naturally having higher ATP values makes up for hitting 6 less times.... If you equated ATP values to be a combination of the total ATP values of the two items to create it minus like half then you'd have yourself mechguns that are ridiculously strong. Guld Millas are fine the way they are now. Even with just 40 machine and 50 hit my GM can almost 1 combo a Garanz in Ep2 Ult.

True didn't necessarily think of that, but to accommodate some things with the changes of how PsoBB Ultima is I still think it should be like that. Again it's an opinionated think I've been thinking about for a while

The only thing I have to say about mechguns on Ultima is:

W̛̠̼̯͖͕̥̥̞͇ͩ̂ͯͤ͗ͪ́ͭ͂̕h̶̠̩̦̖͚͈ͯ̆̐ͦ̔̈́̓̀͢y̏ͨ̈̓̌ͫ͗̋͢͏̛̲̫̟̙͓ ̢̉҉͉̜t̷̶͓̤̰͉̅̋́͜h̲̱̙͎̟̣̅ͯ̓͋ͤe͍̪ͬ̍̃͌ͥ̎̚ ̵̼̰̥̥͙͋ͪͤ̃́́͞f͚̗̩̯̻̤͐̊ͫ͊͗ͨ̒ͩ́͠*̩͔̤̺̺̹́̇͋̊ͧ̊ć̴̻̙͙̋ͥ́k͔̟̲ͤͫ ̗͚ͧ̓̈́̍ͦ͌͋̓ͤ͞ą͌͏̣̙ŗ̌̆ͭ̂̌ͧ͋͐ͨ҉͓͉̼̯͍̟̦̳̘͡ę̵̞̙̭ͩ̃̌ñ̛̙͍̺͕͇̫̻̲ͧ͞͡'̅̎͑̌̈͑͏̣̣͉ț̨̭̫̓̾̃̓͟͠ ̬͙̻̗̪̻̭̻͚̔́P̡̙̹̮͈͙̼͚ͧͬͅs̜̙̣͚̾ͤͧͦ̐ͫ̇ͥ̒y͎͍ͫͨ̄ͩ͒̊̏̀c̞̹̟̟̼̟̝̖̊ͧḫ̠̪͖͙̻͎͑̎̈͗ͤͦ̚oͯ͊ͦ̋͟҉͖̱̬̮ ̴̠̦͍̹̈́̀͊̀͠S̡̝̗ͨ̃̽̍̈͜w̷̠͖̩̼̰̾́͡a̶̬̠̭͙̯͕̪ͬ͢n͈̭ͨ̋͛̉̽̇͡͠s͙̤̻͙̈̃͗ͤ͌ͥ̕͘͟ͅ ̶̥̪̣̓̈́̒͂a̵̮̪͍̭̫̝̰̲͒ͯ́ͩ͋r̘̙̺̜̭̟̻͌ͯ͠e͍̜̮ͭ̇̉̑̉̓ͬn̺̰̆ͧ̄̑͡'̸̷͔͉͕̜̫͋̌͠t̛̖̫̣̯̻͖̭̑̽͛͂ ̩̯̳̓ͣͩͥ̍a̖͙̤͕ͨͬ́ͨͭ̈́̑ͮ ̋̅̔͛̇͏͓̖͎̺̣͝t͔̹͇͓̦̯̬̔͛̇͟͟͢ͅh̴̐ͬ҉̬̼͍̼̼̖̕ͅi̸̥̠̒̾̂͒̆ͨn̡͍̱̙̰̮͉̜̭͎͐̎̓ḡ̸̖̩̝͔̻̏̓͝͠ͅ ̹͚̤̟ͬ͞y͎̗̦̥̙̜̗̫ͩͮ̒́ȩ̡̻̩̤̩̰̇̄ͪṯ̴̡̭̻̬͎̱͇̱ͮͥ̕ͅ!̵̠̳̈ͦͬ̂͒̏̉̀͘?̶̟̩̼̝̜̲̬̗̊̂͂

Seriously, though. Don't feed me the "Dual Birds/RDG are op!" bullshit, females need an equivalent or they will always be inferior to the males that have Psycho Raven.

Edited by mudkipzjm
  • Like 1

After some thought I realized letting hucast have guld milla kind of gets rid of one of the only edges hucaseal had over him, in having a mechgun with better range. Might as well make psycho swans a thing now even though I was opposed to that before, and in favor of hucast having guld milla. 

On a side note, I meant to say this earlier, but seriously? a power increase to yas9? it's arguably the most broken weapon in the game and charge yas shouldn't even be allowed. I can hit 1200-2000s with 4 way pb at rifle range 9 times per combo? are you serious? At least go zerk or something so there is actually a trade off in having such a powerful weapon. Yet when I talk about having a zerk last swan-type weapon for hucaseal is bullshit? I know people might kinda hate me for this but it really is a foolish thing to have allowed. I mean it's getting REALLY close to giving rangers a rifle range DF special you can use at max health. Yes, DF special itself is really strong, but it is risky, heaven striker is very strong, but risky. It really feels like the ranger class was made for people who just want to hunt stuff but don't want to actually put much effort into really playing. I'm not shitting on all rangers here there are some very good ones I won't deny that. 

Guess still saying my same old tune, hucaseal never gets anything better than what it already had hahaha

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Soly said:

I actually was discussing that with kajex.

Please do because it actually is a little game breaking. Being able to hit that hard for basically no draw backs whatsoever is a little stupid. Not going to even lie.

"Oh but it does have a drawback because it costs meseta"-Every person that tries to argue it's not OP.

GM's hand out meseta stacks like welfare checks on this server. There has never been a point on my RAmarl where I didn't have a full 999k meseta stack on me at any time.

• Like 1

Given the fact that when I fixed that "bug" where certain accounts would have billions of meseta in the bank, certain GMs didn't stop giving away meseta, I guess it could be another approach to it.

If we were to remove charge (or any special) from Yasminkovs (all or just 9000M), I guess we can let people get a special on some other weapon, and transfer the stats if they want to (since many people have added hit to their yas).

Not too bad but would have to be thoroughly discussed, as it will piss off many people.

See... haven't even thought about it... lol.

4 minutes ago, yanvbraz said:

And lol Soly, with all of those new quests, are Meseta Rooms even needed

You tell me, I am not the one doing them, they were supposed to not happen again.

Lol chill, I just said I was talking about that with kajex and was giving some early thoughts about what could happen if we were to do that, which you basically confirmed.

As I have been saying for a bit, I'd like to nerf the game overall because of certain concerns I have already posted in other topics but that doesn't mean I'll do it, if anything it would first go through the staff and then through the community and we'd figure out the best way to do anything.

This overall nerf I talk about, I have only discussed with kajex, not even larva, so don't worry about it.