Quick Event Poll - I'd like some feedback

kajex

9 minutes ago, TripleR said:

5x outside of event is, as I said, not as needed, and arguably best to have in event, to give people the chance to level a character for an id they might need, I should have just kept my mouth shut about that, and honestly, it was kind of self serving as I have a few characters to level :). However, green names is a problem, you can say as much as you like about how much we've had, that doesn't change that it is still durring events. You say it makes it hard for people to hunt for non-event things because green names is on, WELL, people tend to not hunt rare monster drops when there are event items that are most likely not coming around for another year if an event is running, I am not saying your point is not valid,  but I feel like you aren't taking everything into consideration. As far as overcrowding with things to do, I mean you know how I was at the start of last event, and the option to take a break is there for everyone. 

Humar, Hucast, Racast, Ramar with 415 atp mechguns with +80 grind, nice joke. Long range AOE demons and hell from typesh/shot, nice joke. Rifle range hell/charge/demons on yasminkov 9000, nice joke. 800-1200 atp SPIRIT rifle, nice joke. What I suggest is still not as powerful as those, but they also wouldn't be massively draining hp as you use them, maybe  zerk on a last swan is overkill, but I'm not underselling anything. Dual birds are not that great, last swan is basically a stun lock weapon if you have no SD, and rambling may is less effective than dual birds. Even Rage de Glace which is a great weapon, was denied to two classes who could make really good use of it. I've got a lot of time into Hucaseal, I know where they are lacking, sure, I can kill stuff in 2 combos with dual birds, with 100 stats... they drop blank, that's a big middle finger to anyone who wants to play that class. I don't understand how you don't see it being the #2 for areas that should be looked at improving(with number 1 being SOMETHING to fix the ugly Hunewearl unit setup). I mean you have a long time playing this game, what holes do you see for other classes that are worse these this ones, because every other class I play(except Hunewearl who is not so much weapon based as being locked in with 4 units) seems to be fairly air tight.

Also I am definately not against the idea of having specific slicers added,  it does allow them to be made to fit better into a niche rather than just one blanket thing that is OK for many specials. I was just throwing out an idea that would cover a lot of bases, also, foney can't use s-ranks which I found really disapointing as an arrest or geist s-rank would be nice. I suppose lowering atp required for s-rank slicers is also an option? although I think fomar would still be lacking the ata to make really good use of them. As far as how good they CAN be, hucaseal shouldn't even have the option of new slicers just for specials. I've been using s-rank slicers with that class a lot and there is no issues there, they clean up with them, but they have wonderful ata.

Also, I don't feel I am being that far off topic, it may not be from the poll but I've been talking to Kajex about these as well, this is a forum, if we aren't discussing ideas then we aren't making full use of it. I'm not trying to give the staff trouble here, if I didn't like this server I wouldn't put in the kind of time that I put into it, and I full well understand there is a lot of work being done, and I understand if things can't be done right away, but I don't like that you just try to reject what I am saying without a good reason:

"While I do want to do something for racaseal still"

"Racaseal has the highest ata of any class with yasminkov series of weapons, which is clearly the strongest mechgun already(as well as the best other ranged weapon types)"

You are basically saying that you still feel this needs improvement, although racaseal has access to ALL the same weapons you just listed for hucaseal, plus more with guld milla and yasminkovs etc., how is this a more pressing issue? Why, would you include one and not the other, I mean I see both as a problem, with it being worse for hucaseal than racaseal, mainly because an increased atp doesn't stack up as well as extremely effective ranged weapons like frozen shooter and yasminkovs. Could you please explain to me how you see it as a problem for one but not the other. 

With regards to adding a new mag, I've been saying for a long time that all those spare mags sitting in the pmt should really have something cool done with them, if for nothing else than just the sake of diversity. I'd really like to see less tellusis haha those ugly ass wind chimes.

Regarding the new mag part even just adding one already on other servers for PSOBB such as the catnip cell to make twin sato would be awesome..or another you don't even have to make a completely new one..just add one not on this server already...that exists from the base vanilla more or less might be easier.

If there IS  a new sword,Slicer, misc. sexy bladed weapon being made for the server, all I ask is that it is class unlocked. I play four characters of three different classes and two different races (human/android) Problem is, I play them all CONSISTENTLY. So suddenly being stuck in the mud without a universal weapon really does bite me in the bum. Of course I have my Ultima Reaper, but to be honest, I would like something different. I was actually never a huge fan of Partisans in the first place because the animation looks rather...unfluid and uncomfortable lol I prefer the flowing beautiful swings of a full sword. Hell, If I wasnt aware of the absolutely MONUMENTAL amount of work it would require, I would ask for an entirely new attack animation for the partisans (blame my love of wuxia) But as for this, can we just be thankful that yet another amazing new CUSTOM item or CUSTOMIZATION of an item that exists NOWHERE BLOODY ELSE is going to make our way to the server?

3 minutes ago, Markeivan Magus said:

If there IS  a new sword,Slicer, misc. sexy bladed weapon being made for the server, all I ask is that it is class unlocked. I play four characters of three different classes and two different races (human/android) Problem is, I play them all CONSISTENTLY. So suddenly being stuck in the mud without a universal weapon really does bite me in the bum. Of course I have my Ultima Reaper, but to be honest, I would like something different. I was actually never a huge fan of Partisans in the first place because the animation looks rather...unfluid and uncomfortable lol I prefer the flowing beautiful swings of a full sword. Hell, If I wasnt aware of the absolutely MONUMENTAL amount of work it would require, I would ask for an entirely new attack animation for the partisans (blame my love of wuxia) But as for this, can we just be thankful that yet another amazing new CUSTOM item or CUSTOMIZATION of an item that exists NOWHERE BLOODY ELSE is going to make our way to the server?

I'm sorry but new animations are not in the realm of possibility. It's likely at least some of the new stuff will be all classes though.

i think we need the next items:

1. A weapon with AoE type of damage for hunters because if u don't have df u can't do much on gal gryphon/barba ray

2. need  an upgrade of v801 for fo's  like cent/cast or something to do super fast cast of techs , like cent batle for melee things

3. gempei with their native ability i mean ( 1 kill = more def )

4. Lindcray for ramarl/humar .. unless u buy a heaven striker super stated or sup gun chargue super stated u still do low dmg and have low range . then thats we need lindcray on ramael/humar :7

Just now, Moiy Sanchez said:

2. need  an upgrade of v801 for fo's  like cent/cast or something to do super fast cast of techs , like cent batle for melee things

I agree, even if it were to boost to the rate of casting to match not holding anything. I think i have heard people talking about a "V802" before :) 

1 minute ago, Moiy Sanchez said:

1. A weapon with AoE type of damage for hunters because if u don't have df u can't do much on gal gryphon/barba ray

3. gempei with their native ability i mean ( 1 kill = more def )

4. Lindcray for ramarl/humar .. unless u buy a heaven striker super stated or sup gun chargue super stated u still do low dmg and have low range . then thats we need lindcray on ramael/humar :7

1. Gal I can understand although there are still effective ways of killing him as hunter without DF, or even any event items. Barba Ray has a lot of good options people just never use. 

2. I don't think this is possible, or even that needed, as some point your speed will mess with your ability to stun things like cent/battle does

3. I don't know enough to say anything about this

4. Charge raygun is prettymuch just as good and to be honest I don't find the stats I have on supressed gun other than hit really do much. I do wish ramarl could use Lindcray though, would be pretty cool

26 minutes ago, Markeivan Magus said:

I think it would be pretty cool if Master Sword and Hylian shield could be used by all classes(if for nothing other than fun, since it won't do much for a cast)

@kajex but if we had gempei in the next event i would like to have it with their ability and non as vanilla shield , literally gempei is like rr med for lv 80s without gempei ability

5 minutes ago, Moiy Sanchez said:

@kajex but if we had gempei in the next event i would like to have it with their ability and non as vanilla shield , literally gempei is like rr med for lv 80s without gempei ability

Moiy, I think you are misunderstanding that. Genpei didn't gain more dfp/evp from kills, it always had/has the same static dfp/evp number on the shield. When it was released it, they just used how many kills people got in that year's Maximum Attack Event to pick the dfp and evp it would have; it didn't/doesn't have a changing dfp/evp value.

I agree with what yan said on  the first page and how we need to create different events that satisfy some of the older players. I don't understand why anone needs to grind out TTF,RT,CCA roct etc just to get uber items. Literally how many quests do we have on this server, we should make good use of them.(Event where items are random in presents/eggs/lanterns such as 63hit Excal or whatever)

Finally I do think this topic is good but how many of these have we seen over the past couple of years. I mean just look at all the good suggestions in the 'ideas to improve the server topic'. How many of those ideas have actually been added? Just doesn't give me any confidence that suggestions made through a topic like this will actually be added

16 hours ago, Grimoire Greys said:

It is true , they are either completely gone or still checking the forums at least.

Seriously. It's like people come back to hunt STA and DM and then just dip for 9 months, afk'ing in teamspeak. >_>

In other news, I'd love to see something akin to the crazy belra mobs , but overtuned and as a timed event quest. Chase a superpowered Gibbles across a series of maps, solo or as a team, slowly whittling down its health as the timer ticks. Points awarded based on progression % or kill time if you hit the end that are banked across the event, and you can trade them in for any of 4-5 tiered lottery drops (higher cost = better items), or for past event items with a random % or evp/def at a significantly higher cost. Didn't get a chance for STA, PGF, or maybe a lindcray? either drop your points on t5 cases and hope you get lucky, or farm like hell to buy one outright before the event ends

Edited by frost506

29 minutes ago, ryukin said:

not sure why MR or LS are voted that high, they techincially are a % item, 1/10 on normal, and avail year round... feels like waste of votes lol

You can't get them at all with percentages.  They were removed from everywhere in the game years ago except black paper's deal, which doesn't allow you to get the weapons with percentages.  Considering it takes $15 or a photon sphere to even get one to be 0 0 0 30 0, the extra potential for percentages makes it worthy of being in the drops.

1 hour ago, Shoutgu said:

How many of those ideas have actually been added? Just doesn't give me any confidence that suggestions made through a topic like this will actually be added

What the hell are you talking about?  Nearly every single suggestion has replies from larva, soly, lemon or fyrewolf.  Just a few things that have changed in the last year from that topic (directly from that thread):

In addition to that, we added 7 new shields, a new armor, and 4 new weapons for Halloween.  A bunch of new quests were added in the last year, many of which were made by the community.  

Even after that giant list, that's excluding countless new things that soly has added, mini events Cyane did, and artwork Cyane did for the community.  And oh by the way we got an entirely new forum with the IP Board upgrdae that Soly and Larva worked on where the layout has continuously been worked on based on user feedback.  I'm sure I'm leaving a lot out, but you're right shoutgu.  We don't listen to the community at all.  

3 hours ago, Shoutgu said:

I agree with what yan said on  the first page and how we need to create different events that satisfy some of the older players. I don't understand why anone needs to grind out TTF,RT,CCA roct etc just to get uber items. Literally how many quests do we have on this server, we should make good use of them.(Event where items are random in presents/eggs/lanterns such as 63hit Excal or whatever)

Finally I do think this topic is good but how many of these have we seen over the past couple of years. I mean just look at all the good suggestions in the 'ideas to improve the server topic'. How many of those ideas have actually been added? Just doesn't give me any confidence that suggestions made through a topic like this will actually be added

You know, I do like your idea, but it's kind of got me thinking about how much more interesting these events would be if TTF, RT, and POD(although this would also remove shambertin drops), were removed, and maybe adjust the rates from the end of episode bosses to reflect this to reflect this(mostly for ep1 and 4 and 8-3 is still just as fast as RT).  It would at least lead to a more diverse range of quests being played durring events and honestly would be pretty cool. 

@Kajex, a command exists to exit regular rooms now? if it different from the normal /lobby? because that doesn't work when I go to try it. Would be sweet though :)

Edited by TripleR