Obtaining Type Weapons from Beach Laughter

Fyrewolf5

Disclaimer: This guide is still a work in progress. It is quick and dirty writeup for those who do not know how to do this, partly compiled from memory of a now unavailable guide, as well as much testing today. It will be updated with more detailed information and pictures in the future, I just wanted to get this out there for now so people have an idea of how it works.

So you want to try and work towards getting a beach laughter type weapon? Are you really willing to subject yourself to this much work? If you are the masochistic type, then here is the method for doing so.

There are 4 relevant quests. AOL CUP -Sunset Base- (ep 1, event), Maximum Attack 1 ver 2 (ep 1, event), Maximum Attack 2 ver 2 (ep 2, vr), and Beach Laughter (ep 2, event). Sunset Base must be done with ONLY ONE player in the room, or the quest will crash.

1. Sunset Base - Obtain Cell of Mag 502 reward (on Hard difficulty, cannot do Normal). Since there is already a guide on how to do this, read here for a walkthrough of the Sunset Base quest with pictures http://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/topic/2576-how-to-obtain-cell-of-mag-502/ or use the mini-guide below step 2.

2. Sunset Base - Speak to the Delsaber in Ruins. After you give the pretty butterfly to the rappy in the final room of forest 2, the warp in the previous room will be available (the rappy will move off the warp). The warp will lead to a small room with boxes and a warp to ruins. The delsaber is behind the waterfall.

Sunset Base Mini Guide

-AOL CUP- Sunset Base, under Event in episode 1, must be done on Hard for mag cell, and with only ONE player in the room in the 1st player slot, or it may crash

Getting to Forest 2:

Speak to the rappy in first room. Continue onward until you are forced into a conversation with a group of rappies.
In the very next room, speak to the rappy behind the laser gate, he will unlock the next door.

After this there is a small laser maze puzzle, there are some avoidable slow traps but the narrow paths and wonky hitboxes of laserposts can be annoying. The correct path is the one just to the left of the laser switch. It spirals to the right (clockwise) inward to a warp.
After taking that warp, immediately turn around and take the warp behind you. The exit door will be in front of you then.
Continue through to the end room where there is another laser switch to hit, then take the warp to go back to the room with the (formerly) trapped rappy.
Speak to the now free rappy, and he will go super saiyan and open the warp to forest 2.

Forest 2 - The Thirsty Rappy

You will have to loop around all of forest 2.

The room just south of the starting room has a rappy sitting at the edge of the metal platform. Speak to him to obtain the Water, then hit the switch to the north.

Head back to the first room through the shortcut door you just unlocked, it has a thirsty rappy hiding by the boxes. Give him the water to obtain the Pretty Butterfly.

Forest 2 - The Captivating Sunset

Make your way to where the Boss Warp normally appears. In that room there are some rappies behind a laser gate, speak to the one behind the lasers on the left. The Pretty Butterfly will get her attention. After she finishes talking, there is a group of rappies to her right, speak to the front one to get 100 meseta and hear the quest jingle. He'll also open a telepipe back to town, but don't take it, there is still more to do in this quest.

Forest 2 - I feel Pretty, Oh so Pretty

After you've used the Pretty Butterfly to save the rappy from the sunset's evil hypnosis spell, head back down to the lower section of forest.
Once you have warped back down there (the last green room before you warp up to the boss warp area), head to the small alcove to find the Tailor Rappy. He will give you some Pretty Clothes for saving his sister from the sinister sun.

Forest 2 - Rappyos and Rappymes, still a better love story than Twilight

Once you have the clothes, exit through the door back to the large forest room, and follow along the wall to your right to reach Rappyos' Room. It's the small side room that has boxes, directly between the wide open and narrow sections of that large room.

Rappoys1:

Allow to Confide>Try Something Else
Rappyos wants to write a letter to his crush, Rappymes. However, delivering it takes time, it is actually possible to skip the initial delivery by selecting "Allow to Confide", then after he reads the letter to you select "Try something else". This will skip needing to deliver the initial letter and advance straight to asking rappymes questions.

Unnescessary Section (skip by replying "Try Something Else" instead of "That's Fine"):

"Allow [him] to confide" in you, "That's fine", then take his letter to Rappymes.

Rappymes1:

Exit Rappyos' room, head to the middle west exit of the large room (the only exit that isn't a door) to find Rappymes standing by the water where some other rappies are swimming.

Give her Rappyos' Letter, but she will be confused and not quite understand what Rappyos means.

Rappyos2:

Return to Rappyos with Rappymes response. He will be disappointed, but say that he's not going to give up yet. DO NOT TALK TO RAPPYOS TWICE HERE, OR YOU WILL RESET THE DIALOGUE CHAIN. If you speak to him twice, he tries to compose the letter again, but you need to go find out what Rappymes wants to hear first to get the correct letter.

End of Unnecessary Section

Rappymes2:

Exit Rappyos' room, head to the middle west exit of the large room (the only exit that isn't a door) to find Rappymes standing by the water where some other rappies are swimming.

Ask Questions > Isn't the weather nice? > Give Pretty Clothes
Speak to Rappymes again.
Ask Questions > Isn't there anyone you like?

Rappymes will tell you what kind guy she is looking for.

Rappyos3:

Head back to Rappyos' room, he will want to compose another letter again.
Allow to Confide > Try to be less vague > Umm.... needs more work > That's Fine

Rappyos will try to write the first thing again, after telling him to be less vague he will say "I like you" in his letter, but it's still not direct enough, after you tell him it still needs more work he will compose the letter as "I love you! I love you! I love you!". That's when you say it's fine.

Rappymes3:
Take the "I Love You!"x3 letter to Rappymes and she will be impressed with his confidence and straightforwardness.

Return to Rappyos now, and he will reward you with a Cell of Mag 502! (must be on at least hard difficulty, cannot get on normal difficulty).

Forest 2 / Ruins - The Lost Master

Head back to the final area of Forest 2, (The central dome area where the boss warp normally appears).
In the first paved room, another warp will be opened (it was previously blocked by a rappy until you use the Pretty Butterfly in the next room). It is the warp that normally leads to a very small room with a box containing a star atomizer in most cases. However in this quest, there are several boxes, and a star warp which leads to the Ruins.
Once in the Ruins, head behind the waterfall to find a Delsaber npc. Speak to him and he will say "A golden light. He.... shall.... awaken......"

After speaking to him, head back to pioneer 2 (there is a warp at the start of the ruins room), and head to the quest counter to finish the quest.

TL;DR Guide for Sunset Base

Speak with first room Rappy
Forced Conversation with Group of Rappies
Speak with Rappy behind laser fence in next room.

Laser maze > Path to the left of the switch into warp > Turn 180 degrees and Warp> Exit Room
Next Laser Switch frees Rappy, speak to him to open forest 2

Get Water (rappy south of first room)
Give Water, Get Butterfly (rappy in first room)

Save the rappy (behind laser on left in final room where boss warp is normally)
Speak with front rappy of the right group for 100 meseta reward and allowing quest completion, ignore telepipe.

Get Pretty Clothes (last grassy room before dome area)

Rappyos, Allow to Confide>Try something else (side room off large room)

Rappymes,  Ask Questions > Isn't the weather nice? > Give Clothes, speak again, Ask Questions > Isn't there anyone you like? (non-door lasergate exit off large room)

Rappyos, Allow to Confide > Try to be less vague > Umm... needs more work > That's Fine
Rappymes, Give the "I love you!"x3 letter.
Rappyos, Obtain Cell of Mag 502 Reward.

Return to Dome Area

Previously Blocked Warp to small room.
Star Warp to Ruins.
Speak to Delsaber Behind Waterfall. (A golden light. He... shall..... awaken.....)
Return to Pioneer2, exit quest via quest counter.

3. Complete Max Attack 1 ver 2 (under event) with other players of all character classes. Everyone who has completed step 1 will get a special cutscene at the end and receive "Hearts of 'Class'" of everyone (including themselves) who make it to that cutscene.
I have managed to find some maps for the aol cup quest (an different version of ma1v2, which does not give the required hearts) here: http://www3.big.or.jp/~fujikko/pso/bb/map_edy1.html, as well as here http://pso.ffsky.cn/ep1xy3.htm and here http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5102.
Notes: The weapon badges do not exist in this version of the quest, so some of the markings are unnecessary. The bridge in forest will go up when the timer hits 20 minutes which a 3rd/4th player can wait for (caves orange line). The center west alcove of forest has a warp to caves which a 2nd player can go to clear (caves blue line 2p map). The final room of forest has the standard warp to caves (caves red line). To clear all of caves, all three of these must be taken. There are several baranz in the mines and they like to spawn in each corner of the room so stay on guard. The mission will automatically end when all 587 monsters have been killed.

4. Complete Max Attack 2 ver 2 (under VR) with other players of all section ids. Everyone who completed step 2 will get a special cutscene at the end and receive "Hearts of 'ID'" of everyone (including themselves) who make it to that cutscene.
I do not know of a full map for this quest, though there is a guide for the yahoo cup: maximum attack 2 on pso-world (a bastardized version of ma2v2 which does not give the required hearts and stops at cca instead of continuing into seabed and tower like ma2v2 does) http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=668 .

The mission will end when all players reach the computer at the top of tower.

5. Beach Laughter - Inspire the Rappy's Song, and claim your reward.

You can check which Hearts you have already obtained by talking to this rappy:

2ywiubk.jpg

This rappy by the beach is looking to write a new song and needs your help getting inspiration for it:

514gw3.jpg

He will ask for lyrics for his next song. Normally, you would have to speak to the talking rock to find out what the correct lyrics are, however this is not necessary if you know the correct answers, and it will only tell you 1 of the 4 answers anyway (you are supposed to ask other players for other answers).

Instead, simply choose the correct answers listed here:
"On the hill"
"Through my body is"
"I feel envious"
"But"

After you tell him these lyrics, you will see a short music videos of the rappy's singing. After the video is finished you can go to this rappy to receive your choice of Type Weapon and a Blue Ring:

15dvzbb.jpg

Rewards:
Types marked with * are obtainable in Beak's Cafe much, much easier, in about 15-20 minutes. Do not waste your Beach Laughter rewards on these.

Type weapons often mix different weapon models and attack animations. The first two initials say which Attack Animation it uses, the full word says which Weapon Model it uses, and is also often related to which classes can equip (e.g. Type RO/Halbert uses Rod Attack Animations and a Halbert model, usable by hunters and rangers. Type HA/Rod uses Halbert Attack Animations and a Rod model, usable by forces). All Slicers are Melee Weapons and do not throw a ranged blade of any kind.

Hunter

Type SA/Saber
Type JS/J-Sword
Type SW/Sword
Type RO/Sword
Type BL/Blade
*Type KN/Blade*
*Type SS/Swords*

Ranger

Type GU/Handgun
Type GU/Mechgun
Type ME/Mechgun
Type RO/Halbert
Type HA/Halbert
*Type SH/Shot*
*Type RI/Rifle*

Force

Type N-SL/Slicer
Type DS/D.Saber
Type RO/Rod
*Type HA/Rod*
*Type DS/Rod*
Type DS/Wand
Type WA/Wand

Edited by Fyrewolf5
  • Like 20

thank you saith for making this i am going to go off to get the type weapons as soon as i get a party for doing such things xD

I'm currently checking the quest, it seems is not what I thought (issues because of adding items), apparently the quest has that big ass weird list there.

I'll check and see if I can fix it rq and update the quest along some update I have planned like for today/tomorrow.

Edit:

Apparently someone did a very bad edit in that quest.

It should be fixed now

w8sKyvR.jpg

Also for Saith

Hunter
TypeSA/SABER
TypeJS/J-SWORD
TypeSW/SWORD
TypeRO/SWORD
TypeBL/BLADE
TypeKN/BLADE
TypeSS/SW

Ranger
TypeGU/HAND
TypeGU/MECHGUN
TypeME/MECHGUN
TypeRO/HALBERT
TypeHA/HALBERT
TypeRI/RIFLE
TypeSH/SHOT

Force
TypeN-SL/SLICER
TypeDS/D.SABER
TypeRO/ROD
TypeHA/ROD
TypeDS/ROD
TypeDS
TypeWA/WAND 
Edited by Soly
  • Like 6

A small hint for MA2v2 ... later on in Seabed, there will be a square-shaped room with 5 or so Recoboxes spawning Recons. If you kill them all in 30 seconds or less you will be warped to a special room with Blessing active. However since you probably want to clear the quest as quickly as possible, you'd rather not want to kill all 5 boxes. You only need to kill 2 (I think they are near the exit) to make the door open. This should save some time.

Also at the end of CCA, the sparkling little warp on the left side is optional. It just leads to more kills (mostly Gibbons and Meriltas types), so it's not required to go there.

Just remembered something else as I'm not sure it's a bug. I played the quest earlier today and the final area is Tower. Now, there is one floor with three spawns: 1, 2 then 4 Ill Gills. If you kill them in 180 seconds or less, you should get a time bonus of iirc 5 minutes. At least that's what I experienced on Schthack where I cleared the quest numerous times. However, I didn't receive the bonus. The catch is that I activated a greenish blessing orb a few floors earlier (despite this being not required, I just wanted to check it out). Maybe if you have used the orb, the time bonus for the Ill Gills won't be granted? I don't know, it's a guess.

Edited by El Socko
  • Like 1

Would it work well to dual log 4 characters in all these quests, or should I really get a team of players together?

@Tru This is really something that is best done with a team. The principal even says so when you return after getting the hearts. At the end of the quest everyone gets hearts of all the players in the game who made it. Think of it as something a bit like c-mode, but instead of doing the 14 stages with varying groups, you instead do these 2 max attack quests several times with varying groups containing all classes and ids. It's meant to encourage cooperation and teamwork amongst players, it's not really meant to be done solo.

A small hint for MA2v2 ... later on in Seabed, there will be a square-shaped room with 5 or so Recoboxes spawning Recons. If you kill them all in 30 seconds or less you will be warped to a special room with Blessing active. However since you probably want to clear the quest as quickly as possible, you'd rather not want to kill all 5 boxes. You only need to kill 2 (I think they are near the exit) to make the door open. This should save some time.

Also at the end of CCA, the sparkling little warp on the left side is optional. It just leads to more kills (mostly Gibbons and Meriltas types), so it's not required to go there.

Just remembered something else as I'm not sure it's a bug. I played the quest earlier today and the final area is Tower. Now, there is one floor with three spawns: 1, 2 then 4 Ill Gills. If you kill them in 180 seconds or less, you should get a time bonus of iirc 5 minutes. At least that's what I experienced on Schthack where I cleared the quest numerous times. However, I didn't receive the bonus. The catch is that I activated a greenish blessing orb a few floors earlier (despite this being not required, I just wanted to check it out). Maybe if you have used the orb, the time bonus for the Ill Gills won't be granted? I don't know, it's a guess.

Another way to avoid being warped is to stay out of the room while 1-2 people sacrifice themselves to clear it. Only people in the room will be warped, the others can continue onwards and start clearing tower.

I need to do some cleaning up on the guide and write in more info and take some more pics, I just threw this together at 5:30 A.M. with my brain leaking out my ears from testing it all day.

Thank you for the fixes and the reward lists soly!

As for that "very bad edit", I remember asking Lee to look into the talking rock issue in an old thread. I'm not sure if he actually tried to fix that though, so I left that warning about it in the guide until I can make sure.

Edited by Fyrewolf5
  • Like 2

I'm still confused about one part. So aside from the team we play with, would each player have to play this 12 times? Or only 3 times?

By that I mean, do you seperately have to complete these quests using each of the twelve characters AND all of the section IDs on your own account, or can you only complete 3 runs where each player of a team of 4 uses a different character and different section IDs each run?

I'm still confused about one part. So aside from the team we play with, would each player have to play this 12 times? Or only 3 times?

By that I mean, do you seperately have to complete these quests using each of the twelve characters AND all of the section IDs on your own account, or can you only complete 3 runs where each player of a team of 4 uses a different character and different section IDs each run?

Every player receives every heart of everyone who makes it to the special cutscene at the end (requires sunset base prerequisites).

If you do max attack 1 ver 2 with a fomarl, racast, racaseal, and hucast who have all done step 1, every player in the room receives all of the following hearts: Heart of Fomarl, Heart of Racast, Heart of Racaseal, and Heart of Hucast.

If you do max attack 2 ver 2 with a Blueful, a Whitill, and a Viridia who have done step 2, and a Redria who has not, at the end of the quest, those first three players will all receive Heart of Blueful, Heart of Whitill, and Heart of Viridia, but the Redria character will get nothing and no one will receive a Heart of Redria.

The hearts are tied to your character (not account), so you have to run your character with many different people to collect all the hearts.

Does that make more sense?

Every player receives every heart of everyone who makes it to the special cutscene at the end (requires sunset base prerequisites).

If you do max attack 1 ver 2 with a fomarl, racast, racaseal, and hucast who have all done step 1, every player in the room receives all of the following hearts: Heart of Fomarl, Heart of Racast, Heart of Racaseal, and Heart of Hucast.

If you do max attack 2 ver 2 with a Blueful, a Whitill, and a Viridia who have done step 2, and a Redria who has not, at the end of the quest, those first three players will all receive Heart of Blueful, Heart of Whitill, and Heart of Viridia, but the Redria character will get nothing and no one will receive a Heart of Redria.

The hearts are tied to your character (not account), so you have to run your character with many different people to collect all the hearts.

Does that make more sense?

Yeah much more sense

• 1 year later...