What Other Hobbies Do You Have Besides PSO?

Cal_Unbreakable

Animation as well as video and audio editing. I also write. One day I'll make a gallery of the stuff I make but :effort: Also video games but that goes without saying I guess.

Mostly sleep though. I like to sleep.

• Like 1

Animation as well as video and audio editing. I also write. One day I'll make a gallery of the stuff I make but :effort: Also video games but that goes without saying I guess.

Mostly sleep though. I like to sleep.

You are not alone (audio, games and sleep ofc) xD

You are not alone (audio, games and sleep ofc) xD

Never get enough of it. Between life and this behemoth I'm always left thinking longingly of sleep that could have been. It's not just audio editing or recording I'm into either I guess I should take the chance to mention. I'm a huge music lover, pretty much any and every genre has some appeal to me.

• 4 weeks later...

Aside from the usual shit, like seeing friends and playing games. i make youtube videos... like total nonsense youtube videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKMtrLhCYWdd_3J3y2flQLQ

i think im gonna change shit up though and start making more skits

Aside from the usual shit, like seeing friends and playing games. i make youtube videos... like total nonsense youtube videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKMtrLhCYWdd_3J3y2flQLQ

i think im gonna change shit up though and start making more skits

That lemonade video made me lol so hard.

Skits you say?

May that serve as inspiration for you. Created by a friend and I.

• 3 months later...

Other then being a computer science college student, I don't do much else. Back in highschool, I did do karate, though. Proud to have gotten my first degree black-belt.

• Like 2

I watch TV series/Films/Football (I'd watch baseball more if it wasn't usually starting when I'm pretty much asleep).
Love writing and playing with words (I do hope someday to be fluent in at least 6 languages).

Love history, mostly the Classical Age.

Love the occasional Table Top game, or any strategic game for that matter.

Music, once a practitioner, now just a listener.
I try to take the train to a random city in the weekends if the weather ain't *poop*. Need more sun.
Seeing more of the world is pretty much a hobby too. I just need to get into a stage where I can do it more frequently.

Love making food, for myself. Especially Mediterranean and some Mexican dishes. Well, let's just say I experiment sometimes.
And always in for a good laugh! Just relaxing and stuff. That could be a hobby right?

• 2 weeks later...

Mostly technology.

Examples, I have multiple machines in my house! This is because I love gaming, and I do not have cable! Only service I pay for is netflix, and my family trades logins for hulu, hbo, uverse, etc etc. My wife works for the library as well, so first access to new releases.

Gaming Rig

Intel Core i7 5820k

AMD Fury X

Gigabyte GA-X99 UDP3

16gb Corsair DDR4 memory

Corsair RM750

2x Samsung Evo 850 500gb in Raid

Windows 10

Living Room Console

Alienware Alpha

Intel Core i3 4170T

Nvidia Geforce 860m(comparable to 750ti)

4GB DDR3

500gb 7200 RPM Seagate

Windows 10

Guest Room Console

AMD Sempron 3850

Radeon HD 8280 IGPU

MSI AM1 ITX

4GB DDR3

120gb Corsair SSD

Ubuntu 15

Bedroom Console

AMD Sempron 3850

Radeon HD 8280 IGPU

MSI AM1 ITX

4GB DDR3

120gb Corsair SSD

Ubuntu 15

Mac Pro 4,1

Intel Xeon x5690

Geforce 970

12gb DDR3

500gb Samsung Evo 850 SSD

1tb Seagate Barracuda Sata 3

Windows 10/ Mac Os X El Capitan

2015 Macbook Core M

Intel Core M

8gb DDR3

256gb SSD

Windows 10/ Mac Os X El Capitan

You might have a couple of questions then, why so many "consoles?" Why Windows on an Apple computer? Why Ubuntu on the Guest and bed room consoles? I shall explain it all.

Like I said I do not have cable. We do not really watch a whole lot of tv. I do get my sources like hulu, hbo, etc etc from family members who we have traded account info for. But I do not get everything! I could get an amplified antenna for local channels, but getting both internal and external amplified antenna's did not work at all. Both had horrible reception. So I use apps for local channels, and streaming for local channels.

I use Kodi for these apps and streaming and anything else I cannot get with what I have. Big thing is baseball. MLB At Bat is too damn much now... All my machines(Except the Mac Pro) have Kodi!

My Mac Pro is running Windows for a few reasons. It used to be my main gaming rig, I threw in a PCIE Sata 3 controller in there for data speeds, and use the Chameleon bootloader so I have a screen while booting my mac since I have a standard PC GPU in there. I was kind of forced to upgrade though, because I got the Fury X! Took me forever to manage to get it in the Mac Pro Case( It actually didn't fit inside the Mac Pro case, I had to jerry rig the water cooling block outside the case). When I finally did, there was another issue... Netkas who is famous for his Video card flashing for Os X and OSX86 development, found out and informed me the UEFI bios on a Fury X are not compatible with the Mac Pro's EFI bios at all. So it even would not boot in Windows even! =[ So I threw the 970 back in there, thought about returning the Fury X but then just bit the bullet and built a new gaming rig.

The Mac Pro has 2 uses now. First thing I should note, rarely do I boot into Os X. I don't need to on it. Considering getting rid of the small Os X partition I have on it even!

The main use for my Mac Pro is Open NAS. Yes, I am running Windows 10 on it. I am running Windows 10 Pro so I have access for vhost support. I run Open NAS in a Virtual Box instance, and have 1 core(2threads) and 2gb of memory dedicated to OPEN NAS, as well as the full 1tb hard drive. This is used for media storage from DVD's and Bluray's I rip, as well as music and pictures. All my machines have access to this, and Kodi loves NAS! :D Easy to setup, and easy to use!

The rest of the cores remain for Windows. So 5 cores(10 threads) are used for Steam Streaming. I have Steam on every machine I have. Usually my Gaming Rig I do not ever need to stream to, and only a couple games I stream to my Alpha console. But pretty much, every one of my consoles I stream using Steam. I have my games in Steam, added games I have outside of Steam, and emulated games that include PSX, PS2, GC, Wii(Although this one is a bit more work, so I tend to just play Wii games on my Wii U!), and other game consoles and handhelds. :D I have my house hard wired on a 1gbp internal home connection, so I never have to worry about latency issues. I hardly ever have to worry about desync. My consoles all have Xbox 360 controllers, it was a pain setting them up in Ubuntu but I finally got it down 100% not that long ago.

My 2 AMD AM1 consoles use little power, and run Ubuntu. I tried Steam OS, but I could never get Steam OS to work with Kodi. I even toyed with Mac Os X Mavericks since Steam Stream supports Mavericks, and it was available to me for free, but while there is a kernel for Osx86 on AMD there is still no igpu support for APU's. I did not want to buy video cards to these and add more power draw to them... So I settled with Ubuntu. I also did not want to buy a licenses per machine for Windows. Since I used all of mine up that I had left... :D

There are planned upgrades to this as well. In the future, I would like to build a low powered Steam streaming source/NAS computer, and add more to network media such as radio streaming to it. I am in the process of adding webcams to every console and computer I have that does not have one for internal IP video conference! I may just settle with Skype if I get Windows on my 2 AMD consoles.

I also plan on dedicating 2 cores and 2gb of memory for a dedicated Google Search kiosk that will be on 24/7. This will also be virtualized and hosted on my Mac Pro, and will also be available via Kodi by launching a remote desktop connection app and masking it as "google Search." Since it's Ubuntu I would be using, I can allow multiple connections at once to this "digital kiosk" so every console and machine can use it at once via their own profile.

Also an avid car guy too! Right now though I only see my self driving Fords! I have a 2014 Ford Focus SE with a 1.6l EcoBoost Turbo charged engine and boy that sucker is fast!

Edited by MagsFloat

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In addition to PSO, I've recently been playing osu!, you can see some of my (really old) videos here. I'll try and upload some new ones soon as I get the time to. Other than that I've been playing Dungeons and Dragons, attending classes, and doing homework. I too, like a lot of people here seem to be, a computer science major. That is highly enjoyable, and some of the upper level classes are getting really interesting (AI, Languages & Autonoma).

I lift things up and put them down. The life of a chimp in a suit is very rewarding.. If you don't get caught and made to perform in the circus that is. I work out, I try to train my puppy even though he is very rebellious and stubborn. I play billiards which is kind of fun. I also like to read a lot , primarily on subjects that I have no idea of. I have a huge interest in anything medical but no drive to actually pursue anything at the moment. I used to write, retired from that. I have weirdly enough a lot of knowledge when it comes to useless facts (jeopardy). I try to study languages in my spare time. Main reason why I love pso, so multicultural and many languages to try to grasp. I tend to be very deceitful and tell people I'm a orphan from Siberia that was left alone in this world after his parents were sodomized to death in a Serbian film. Please don't sanction me I thrive on humor and like people who do the same. Hope this helps

Sincerely not yours,

Starlord••¥

• Like 1

I lift things up and put them down. The life of a chimp in a suit is very rewarding.. If you don't get caught and made to perform in the circus that is. I work out, I try to train my puppy even though he is very rebellious and stubborn. I play billiards which is kind of fun. I also like to read a lot , primarily on subjects that I have no idea of. I have a huge interest in anything medical but no drive to actually pursue anything at the moment. I used to write, retired from that. I have weirdly enough a lot of knowledge when it comes to useless facts (jeopardy). I try to study languages in my spare time. Main reason why I love pso, so multicultural and many languages to try to grasp. I tend to be very deceitful and tell people I'm a orphan from Siberia that was left alone in this world after his parents were sodomized to death in a Serbian film. Please don't sanction me I thrive on humor and like people who do the same. Hope this helps

Sincerely not yours,

Starlord••¥

Maxes?

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...