cyber-space what is it

Niyuki

ok to start things off

cyber-space is an inereting place, you never know who you can meet. You can meet a perverts, nice, bad people. The internet is one of the best things we have in this world but. When it comes to MMOs and other online games you must remember you are talking to two people. This is what i say, when i am playing a game where i can create a character i make a alter ego, someone i wish to be someone who is not me, just a fake person my in game name niyuki is niyuki not me i can never be niyuki. no one can ever be there character. no one can ever have the power of a video-game. when i am playing i dont see a person i see a character with no feels a powerless "thing" for the people that think there know who i am you really dont. you know niyuki.

online-dating, my view on this is. like i said its just a character not a person so how can you love someone that isnt real. you cant love someone you cant hold.

im not trying to say everyone is just a lie, im saying that you never know who someone is till you meet them in real-life

p.s. plz dont spam with "oh fuck u, who the fuk r u, no one cares" if you nothing to nice to say about this post then dont say it and be a troll

Internet =/= real life

however some people have the bad habit of mixing these 2. Dating both in and out of teh internets is risky business (and kind of

a personal deal so Im not gonna touch this dating topic too much)

MMO's... even though its a simple game people sometimes make too big a deal of this, If you plain want get into one I suggest you

avoid HUGE mmo's (like WOW) and start with MMO's that have small-medium communities (this should kinda teach you how internet works as well)

the MMO itself is a huge random field of possibilities, you will find friends, total idiots, scammers etc...

try to learn what command blocks undesired content as a first step in huge MMO's.... sometimes drives jerks off.

Internet in overall.... well ever heard this phrase?

"NO GIRLS ON THE INTERNET..... ALL GIRLS ARE MEN AND ALL CHILDREN ARE UNDERCOVER AGENTS"

It may sound racist.... (probably is) but phrases like this were born out of experience... nobody is truly what they say they are on the internet

well 90% of the time.... Then again nowadays its kinda foolish to actually post your true data on the net IMO.

which brings me to my next point....

INTERNET WAS NOT MEANT FOR KIDS!

Typing "Hermione Granger" on your search engine will most likely yield pr0n sites and other crap,

the internet can be cold... hard... and plain insensitive sometimes... a mere kid who thinks it knows something

can pretty much get owned over here no matter how prepared you are internet is always one more step ahead

tread cautiosly ,tread safe.

colorful spam and ad's most of the time yield to malware sites, kids are easy victims.

if your kid is new to this.... don't restrict the use of internet.... rather encourage it to use it safely

check the history and possibly add a pr0n blocker

and avoid the deep web.... that place can scar minds.

@Shade :onion112:

@Godric :onion112:

@Necrolust ??

@R.A.V.S.O i luv how smart u are, and about " INTERNET WAS NOT MEANT FOR KIDS!" i hav to agree with you about that. internet is not for kids even tho all the games may seem kid friendly some people are just assholes but some people just dont care about there kids so who should care about them.

i also believe that "SOPA, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stop_Online_Piracy_Act " is a good and bad thing. i cant wait to see what going to happen with that

Internet =/= real life

however some people have the bad habit of mixing these 2. Dating both in and out of teh internets is risky business (and kind of

a personal deal so Im not gonna touch this dating topic too much)

MMO's... even though its a simple game people sometimes make too big a deal of this, If you plain want get into one I suggest you

avoid HUGE mmo's (like WOW) and start with MMO's that have small-medium communities (this should kinda teach you how internet works as well)

the MMO itself is a huge random field of possibilities, you will find friends, total idiots, scammers etc...

try to learn what command blocks undesired content as a first step in huge MMO's.... sometimes drives jerks off.

Internet in overall.... well ever heard this phrase?

"NO GIRLS ON THE INTERNET..... ALL GIRLS ARE MEN AND ALL CHILDREN ARE UNDERCOVER AGENTS"

It may sound racist.... (probably is) but phrases like this were born out of experience... nobody is truly what they say they are on the internet

well 90% of the time.... Then again nowadays its kinda foolish to actually post your true data on the net IMO.

which brings me to my next point....

INTERNET WAS NOT MEANT FOR KIDS!

Typing "Hermione Granger" on your search engine will most likely yield pr0n sites and other crap,

the internet can be cold... hard... and plain insensitive sometimes... a mere kid who thinks it knows something

can pretty much get owned over here no matter how prepared you are internet is always one more step ahead

tread cautiosly ,tread safe.

colorful spam and ad's most of the time yield to malware sites, kids are easy victims.

if your kid is new to this.... don't restrict the use of internet.... rather encourage it to use it safely

check the history and possibly add a pr0n blocker

and avoid the deep web.... that place can scar minds.

I am guessing someone looked up Hermione Granger lol?

I pretty much agree with everything said about people not being who they really are. For starters when I first started here everyone thought I was a girl until I got tired of everyone trying to hit on me all the time lol. But for the most part I act who I am irl but as stated "Veriemas" is like my alias for online. Stating this is who I am in the other world if you wish to call it so. A lot of online communities are very cruel to most viewers even for basic things such as a forum for a game. You see things such as "the troll," or a "Flammer" on forums or even in games. Most other gaming communities that I have been on before I left because I could not stand all the drama that went on. This is why I enjoy smaller communities like ULTIMA. The community might be small but the people are friendly and most of the time it is safe lol.

The internet doesn't need fixing, and it sure as hell shouldn't be left up to the American government and the Movie Industry to try to control something that isn't theirs, the internet belongs to all of us. This will not stop piracy but this isn't even about piracy, its about control. Its just another example of a bunch of out of touch old men who don't understand the internet and think they own it.

Edited by Alkanet

The internet is what it is. It's the compilation of everything that makes humanity in digital form. Love, hate, happiness, anger, purity, corruption are part of all this. Digital Life.

The internet is not from everyone, it's mine :onion107:

No, seriously

Since internet isn't controlled by one person or small comunity, there's a variety of opinions and stuff lying around.

Although I like the internet like it is, some control could fix things.

An example, if there were no restrictions, you'd get even more spam and aggressive adds on your face.

The internet is not from everyone, it's mine :onion107:

No, seriously

Since internet isn't controlled by one person or small comunity, there's a variety of opinions and stuff lying around.

Although I like the internet like it is, some control could fix things.

An example, if there were no restrictions, you'd get even more spam and aggressive adds on your face.

Oh gosh. Hackers would have a field day if that ever happened.

You say control could fix things, but from who exactly? Do you really want to be bound by some other countries laws? If you want to stop ads there are easy solutions made by people, not governments. The only way to control the Internet is to control ourselves, we as a collective whole, know more about it than they do. If we have a problem, we come up with solutions ourselves.

I suppose the biggest problem is that hackers are smart and know more than the people trying to stop them, nothing ever stops them. Any attempt to do so just spurns them along, makes them try harder.