Ultima has perished

When I starting playing I remember there being way more active players, could be pushin it but it was probably around 50-132 give or take there being an event or hh. Now I presume its around 10-30. Cant really complain since its how the life cycle of any game goes, though its sad to see it happen. I can obviously see an influx of players coming back to get PGF next month, but then it'll go right back to what it is now once Christmas event is over. Not really sure if theres a way to bring back those active players from before or bring in new players entirely if there isnt anything new or exciting to bring them back. Ill still play to get the PGF I never got durring christmas event though LOL

It's a private server of a 23 year old game in a year absolutely cracked for gaming. I for one never plan on quitting, I always come back, at least to try for PGF every year lol, and maybe I make a new character if I feel like it, sometimes I get that PSO1 itch. To play this regularly is a fairly unrealistic expectation. Just don't disappear before I get my PGF :)

Edit: Also, something I've been thinking about for a long time, is if it would be possible for this server to possibly do something like seasons. Where after X amount of time (maybe every 6 months?) EVERYTHING is wiped and everyone starts over again. Obviously there would need to be some changes to events and stuff like that, but I do think it would keep the game fresh, all drops would matter because leveling, trades would thrive, playerbase may grow. It has gotten to a point to where nothing matters anymore. Someone gets a PGF and it's like "damn, they got another pgf... yay.." But imagine the first PGF of the season. It would be huge.

Something to think about.

Edited by Nerjinzul
thoughts

18 hours ago, SanicTeam said:

When I starting playing I remember there being way more active players, could be pushin it but it was probably around 50-132 give or take there being an event or hh. Now I presume its around 10-30. Cant really complain since its how the life cycle of any game goes, though its sad to see it happen. I can obviously see an influx of players coming back to get PGF next month, but then it'll go right back to what it is now once Christmas event is over. Not really sure if theres a way to bring back those active players from before or bring in new players entirely if there isnt anything new or exciting to bring them back. Ill still play to get the PGF I never got durring christmas event though LOL

Just to be clear it doesn’t have to be that life cycle. There’s a pso server that has like 200 concurrent players off event and 300+ during. If you’re wondering where everyone went :)

I think there should be a vote on whether to change the classic play or add new content to bring new players... Just my opinion.

New content meaning adding things that bring replay value to the game instead of spamming (x) quest to get (x) item during (x) event.

Daily log in/ prestige system/ kill count quest events.

I know a lot of the issues we have to add new content is coding and that takes time and money...

Ngl, i do miss the classic pso. But I will say that as someone who has very little time to play like I used to, having the exp multiplier and unique quests has made it ideal to be here (loving TTF Ultima). Not to mention weapons I've never seen before and events running semi regularly (by the sound of it at least). I do like the idea of kill count quest events. Love to give some ideas myself but honestly, I came here cause I got that ole pso itch most of us are prone to hahah.

On 11/3/2023 at 10:00 AM, Saber +7 said:

Just to be clear it doesn’t have to be that life cycle. There’s a pso server that has like 200 concurrent players off event and 300+ during. If you’re wondering where everyone went :)

Oh no im sure there are players right now on other servers doing their own thing. Still a shame though since id like to see more people come back or have new players experience ultima. Id give anything back to experience my first time playing ultima when I was in high school, it was such a nice time and I had a lot of fun!

• Like 1

Oh no, Ultima has finally died flipping dead for real this time :onion113:

image.png?ex=6559157b&is=6546a07b&hm=9f6

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kotta said:

Oh no, Ultima has finally died flipping dead for real this time :onion113:

image.png?ex=6559157b&is=6546a07b&hm=9f6

Nahhhhhh that doesn't count Kotta. Everyone here knows when there's an event on and or HH, people get on and play XDDD.

We need ideas that increase game play outside of event times to bring back old vets / make more people playing daily/ and also make new players want to stay...

2 hours ago, LilJack said:

Nahhhhhh that doesn't count Kotta. Everyone here knows when there's an event on and or HH, people get on and play XDDD.

We need ideas that increase game play outside of event times to bring back old vets / make more people playing daily/ and also make new players want to stay...

I think adding new stuff would bring a breath of fresh air that I'd love to see. I think new quests in general are nice and i don't see there being any qualms for new or old players alike. Though new weapons is super sensitive, remember the discourse with Serene Swan? Yeah adding stuff like that on one side is nice since it provides a new item for specific classes to use thus introducing a new playstyle or tactic, however, if the item isn't playtested and causes players to feel discontent with the item to the point where the item gets changed is not good. IMO small quality of life improvements would be extremely nice for the game, like removing damage cancel, more emotes (idk if its possible to add more), more custom music for lobby or even adding more custom npc models for players to change into.

• Like 1

On 11/3/2023 at 5:00 PM, Saber +7 said:

Those numbers are down now also. 200/300 was a few years ago. Now it’s more like 70/170. 38 online there as I type this. 

4 hours ago, SanicTeam said:

I think adding new stuff would bring a breath of fresh air that I'd love to see. I think new quests in general are nice and i don't see there being any qualms for new or old players alike. Though new weapons is super sensitive, remember the discourse with Serene Swan? Yeah adding stuff like that on one side is nice since it provides a new item for specific classes to use thus introducing a new playstyle or tactic, however, if the item isn't playtested and causes players to feel discontent with the item to the point where the item gets changed is not good. IMO small quality of life improvements would be extremely nice for the game, like removing damage cancel, more emotes (idk if its possible to add more), more custom music for lobby or even adding more custom npc models for players to change into.

Oh yeah. When I talk about adding new things to the game, I don't mean new items. I've always thought level 200 on Ultima was outdated and obsolete. People spam CCA and hit 200 during event times like its nothing.

Adding an incentive for gaining exp (bragging rights) or some kind of prestige system would be perfect... or kill counts like during the historical AOL cup event back in the day...

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, LilJack said:

Oh yeah. When I talk about adding new things to the game, I don't mean new items. I've always thought level 200 on Ultima was outdated and obsolete. People spam CCA and hit 200 during event times like its nothing.

Adding an incentive for gaining exp (bragging rights) or some kind of prestige system would be perfect... or kill counts like during the historical AOL cup event back in the day...

That never really crossed my mind the way how people spammed CCA to get to lvl 200. That was the meta ever since due to it being quick LOL. Also another thing i thought of is adding something like daily missions, idk wat the rewards would be but im sure it would be nice for new players.

13 hours ago, wade1212 said:

Those numbers are down now also. 200/300 was a few years ago. Now it’s more like 70/170. 38 online there as I type this. 

Nah this was like last month lmfao and in the morning. Also like I said when I sent that message there was 200+...