Tower of Dreams

R-78

After a first run with my teammates I really enjoyed the ride... This quest is hella refreshing!
Even with our top notch gear the difficulty felt great and challenging, there is a lot of smart ideas in game-design that will trick your brain for a second (or a bit more if you are a slow one like me).
The work on ligthing is noticeable and create beautiful new moods to the well known EPII... I could even felt like I was in Mine 2 at one point!
Also the post final battle scenes has such a strong cinematic feeling, it's awesome.

Spoiler

To conclude, this quest is...

Spoiler

giphy.gif

jk I love it. Good work @R-78! yeo.png.8c1f7f999eb3c8f614d5d8a3d3a3c994.png

Edited by Lipelis
  • Like 2

Added monster count and rewards.

• Like 1

I completed this insane quest with 3 other people that didn't speak my language. Pack  a lunch. I did get to fight the Lava Olga and got the rewards. It took about 2 hours and 100 moons. One of the players was lvl 120. The quest is very well put together and intense. I'm not telling what rewards I got because I don't want to spoil for anyone. Thanks R-78

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I haven't tried this yet, but it sounds amazing. You even have 3 of my 4 favorite music disks for rewards. Thanks @R-78

Edited by Shin
  • Like 1

• 7 months later...

good job! :D
how did you model all of the environnements? 
was everything in the game (wall, floors and stuff) or you made it from scratch?

because a while ago i thought i could recreate/import PSO III battle maps environnemnts, expand them into massive everchanging layouts (randomisation) and create new monsters for these environnments.

ex: tower of Caelum can be expanded, filled with floors that you go up with the elevator platform.

Gal Da Val island can be used as is (i think we have Gal Da Val island in pisode 2 or 4)

Mortis fons can be expanded and separated into 3 areas
Unguis Lapis: same 

Dolor Odor can be expanded into 3 sections

Molae Venti can be an industrial complex + desert/whatever

The maps are set and can't be changed. You can only add objects like little walls, doors, boxes, cryotubes, warps (which are required to connect each floor to each other) etc. And yes every object is already in the game, I didnt model them. At most I stacked several of them so it may look like some "new" object.

2 hours ago, DarkMadDog21 said:

tower of Caelum 
Mortis fons 
Unguis Lapis
Dolor Odor
Molae Venti

I don't know any of those names. It seems like you are talking about episode III, which I haven't played.

2 hours ago, DarkMadDog21 said:

Gal Da Val island can be used as is (i think we have Gal Da Val island in pisode 2 or 4)

If you mean the CCA platforms in episode II, then yes you can and they are already used in quite a few Sega quests.

Access is hidden in Dream of the Forgotten Souls.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

As some of you noticed, Tower of Dreams has got a major update on the occasion of Summer Event start (especially the last room).

I hope everyone likes it!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 year later...

Just want to bring an important directive to avoid Error 100 disconnections here.

In the last Tower floor, avoid dropping and picking up unnecessary items once anyone has left the area at least once (be it for Dreams or simply Pioneer II shops).

This can lead to some floor items desynchronization (because of player 1's 50 items limit) and disconnect players randomly, even if they are not in the area.

This is not an issue specific to this quest, but is more likely to happen due to the number of high DAR enemies in the same area and warping back there. (got amplified with the multiplayer DAR adjustments)

So same thing goes for HOD2. In order to avoid Error 100, make sure no one picks any item from the first floor after a player went to the next floor.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3