DMC

Stark 1

Okay so this topic came up in game and my question is why is damage cancel still a thing? i mean after so many years of development for the server kinda makes me wonder if its intentional ? 

Afaik it's hard coded into the game and hard to remove. Ephinea apparently had a 'fix' but I think it caused massive desync.
According to their main website, the fix still exists and is used on the server. I don't think it works completely, but causes dmc to happen way less.

Sent from my VIVO XL using Tapatalk

It’s strange really cause the game is very multiplayer based so Damage cancel doesn’t make sense at all . 

10 minutes ago, Stark 1 said:

It’s strange really cause the game is very multiplayer based so Damage cancel doesn’t make sense at all . 

Some claim that it was to force better teamwork or w/e but that doesn't make much sense, especially since in some cases you can't help but to attack the same thing (i.e. bosses). It's annoying to play around but at this point I'm pretty used to it.

well buffing the enemies HP is always welcomed. wouldnt make things to difficult if its Just HP we are talking about  .

but as i stated its very multiplayer based here , so kinda the point to kill things together/ deal damage together. key word "together" lol

Dmc is a product of the protocol that aega developed for interclient communication.  Each client tells the other clients how much damage was dealt to what monster.  However this causes race conditions to occur when two clients unknowingly change the same monster.  This is what players call dmc and causes desync, since the monster then exists in two different states depending on client latency.  To fix this peoblem clients send ‘kill’ packets to inform other clients when a monster has died.  These will trigger the death regardless lf current hp.

The problem with removing dmc like you are suggesting isn’t quite as shimple as you’d think.  It would require an entire overhaul of the clients engine and the designing of an entire new protocol. I don’t know what Ephinea did, so I won’t comment on their fix.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
On Friday, March 22, 2019 at 3:26 PM, Stark 1 said:

well buffing the enemies HP is always welcomed. wouldnt make things to difficult if its Just HP we are talking about  .

but as i stated its very multiplayer based here , so kinda the point to kill things together/ deal damage together. key word "together" lol

Can't really touch on dmc more then what's been hit. Just got to know who has the better weapons and I been benched on CCC cause of it.

But my quote on yours was that raises their hp interests me. Could there be potential for another level.

Normal nightmare ultimate (inferno)

Buffed hp,resistance buff, maybe slight speed increase, and other mods. 

On 12/04/2019 at 6:48 PM, Shiga321 said:

I definitely wouldn't buff resistance (except EDK). Spells in episodes I and II are so weak that people would only blame you for DMC if you keep spamming techniques. If you buff both HP and resistances, you make spells even more useless than they currently are.

Increasing HP makes Demon useful against regular monsters, which is cool but would only make it longer to kill monsters. If a special difficulty is added, it would be cool to buff speed and ATP as well.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/13/2019 at 12:48 AM, Shiga321 said:

Can't really touch on dmc more then what's been hit. Just got to know who has the better weapons and I been benched on CCC cause of it.

But my quote on yours was that raises their hp interests me. Could there be potential for another level.

Normal nightmare ultimate (inferno)

there was a crack mode back then but idk if it still works 

On Tuesday, April 16, 2019 at 3:31 AM, R-78 said:

I definitely wouldn't buff resistance (except EDK). Spells in episodes I and II are so weak that people would only blame you for DMC if you keep spamming techniques. If you buff both HP and resistances, you make spells even more useless than they currently are.

Increasing HP makes Demon useful against regular monsters, which is cool but would only make it longer to kill monsters. If a special difficulty is added, it would be cool to buff speed and ATP as well.

Alright makes sense on resistances. An increase move atp and speed for sure wold change the game mode. But this would be grounds for a huge amount of work. 

2 hours ago, joeldandoy@gmail.com said:

there was a crack mode back then but idk if it still works 

Now that would be insane. Bet it was pretty awesome.

• 1 month later...

Is it possible to dmc with hell? Now that I’m CCCing, if all 4 rangers have type hell shots...does the devil may cry more with strictly the special?